Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Goldbelly finds

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Boxo Derby Pies came today.

Each is 20 ounces. Packaged similar to selling in stores. Haven’t opened any yet. Hate the box of foam peanuts they were packed in.

Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Boxo Derby Pies came today.

Each is 20 ounces. Packaged similar to selling in stores. Haven’t opened any yet. Hate the box of foam peanuts they were packed in.
Ugh, I'm still waiting for mine, and ugh to packing peanuts.

PS - I was thinking last night how to freeze slices. I don't have a pie slices friendly freezer container.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by boxo
Aw, nuts!

PS - I was thinking last night how to freeze slices. I don't have a pie slices friendly freezer container.
Got any leftover clean takeout plastic containers - they work well.

David
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I froze pumpkin pie slices at thanksgiving. I first wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then put them in freezer zip lock bags. I put them in the freezer spaced out so the slices wouldn't get squished...then when they were frozen I stacked them up. I defrosted slowly in the refrigerator and they came out very good (still put lots of whipped cream on them though).
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 6:50 pm

My order's FedEx status hasn't changed from Pending since Saturday, so I sent screen shots of my Goldbelly order email confirmation and the FedEx shipping status page to Goldbelly through FB Messenger. Stellar service. They apologized, gave me the option of re-shipping or a credit, then sent me my new FedEx shipping number.

Last edited by boxo; Apr 20, 2021 at 12:43 pm
Old Apr 17, 2021, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I gave away half a pie just now to my oldest kid. I’ll probably heat it up in the oven tonight for my first taste.

I’ve given away about half of my Goldbelly stuff this week so far.

Detroit pizza coming next week. Gotta finish the bagels before they come, so we’ll have space.

Sigh. I think I now have two more days to figure out how to freeze pie slices. 😩

I haven’t owned plastic wrap or zip lock bags since the ‘90s and I don’t have restaurant food containers. I think I might cut the slices and use pieces of parchment paper to separate them and then... well, I’ll figure something out when the darned pies actually get here.

The whole pies will keep in good shape, in the freezer for 6 months. Each pie box is plastic wrap sealed. Not sure how much freezer space you have. I’d be tempted to put one pie in the fridge, the other in the freezer, unopened.

The pies weren’t refrigerated when shipped, and I think they said they could be unrefrigerated for 6 days or so. Those days will be about up by the time you get it.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 19, 2021 at 2:53 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I gave away half a pie just now to my oldest kid. I’ll probably heat it up in the oven tonight for my first taste.

I’ve given away about half of my Goldbelly stuff this week so far.

Detroit pizza coming next week. Gotta finish the bagels before they come, so we’ll have space.
Buddy's? I have been so tempted to order some Buddy's but it is just too much. I will just have to wait until Michigan stops being Covid central and then I can visit my sister & enjoy some Buddy's and a Stroh's.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
Buddy's? I have been so tempted to order some Buddy's but it is just too much. I will just have to wait until Michigan stops being Covid central and then I can visit my sister & enjoy some Buddy's and a Stroh's.
Buddy’s didn’t work with the Travelzoo voucher. Detroit Pizza Company, seems to have a good rating.

https://www.goldbelly.com/detroit-pizza-company
corky likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Buddy’s didn’t work with the Travelzoo voucher. Detroit Pizza Company, seems to have a good rating.

https://www.goldbelly.com/detroit-pizza-company
Never heard of them...let us know .
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Just had another Mortgage Apple Cake...still quite excellent but this one was a little sweeter. Also noticed that letting a slice warm up to room temperature was way better than cold from the fridge... the frosting had sort of a lemony "Sprite" flavor when it was very cold that went away at room temperature.

Also tried the Chicken Pot Pie Bite / Spinach Artichoke Bite combo pack from Goldberg's Fine Foods. They were both very good but nothing about them so exceptional that I would pay that price to order them again. They're also quite small - really maybe 2 bites each. Wife preferred the Pot Pie Bites; I thought the spinach/artichoke were better.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Derby Pie

Tried the Derby pie this afternoon, warmed up. A fairly shallow pie. Tasty. Probably with ice cream it would be even better.

Likely worth about $10 a pie. Probably wouldn’t reorder, even with a $20 voucher.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 12:48 pm

Wow, I just edited my previous post intending to quote myself.

My order's FedEx status hasn't changed from Pending since Saturday, so I sent screen shots of my Goldbelly order email confirmation and the FedEx shipping status page to Goldbelly through FB Messenger. Stellar service. They apologized, gave me the option of re-shipping or a credit, then sent me my new FedEx shipping number.

Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
My husband just told me he thinks we need a chest freezer for "Goldbelly pizza orders." !!?!
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
My husband just told me he thinks we need a chest freezer for "Goldbelly pizza orders." !!?!
Huh? Don't you have plenty of pizza places in Chicago? Where does he want to order so many pizzas from?
boxo likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
Huh? Don't you have plenty of pizza places in Chicago? Where does he want to order so many pizzas from?
Probably wants Canadian pizza, or some other city’s food that he likes.
corky and boxo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.