Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Goldbelly finds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
We haven't received them yet, but if you are a fan of Montreal bagels you can buy from either St Viator or Fairmont (I can't remember which). Montreal natives will tell you that there are no other bagel bakeries worth considering.

ETA: I still have no idea what two people are going to do with four dozen bagels. Or where will you find room in either of our freezers.
Stick half in a flat rate box and send them to me?

I just sent my sister a dozen bags of Better Made potato chips. Cheaper than sending fewer bags because the shipping price dropped to $10 fixed rate for orders over $50.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Never saw this before - interesting idea. But visiting the establishment is half the fun. Primanti's from a box is like Primanti's at one of the recent chains vs. at the original at 2am. Just not the same. (And they don't even sell their best sandwiches)

Speaking of Montreal - I can't find the poutine. (No, "creative twists" on poutine from a Los Angeles food truck does not count. At all.)
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPRich
Speaking of Montreal - I can't find the poutine. (No, "creative twists" on poutine from a Los Angeles food truck does not count. At all.)
As in can't find it when you're in Montreal? Or you're in LA and looking for poutine?

There was a poutine place in Pasadena that lasted maybe 2 years, and there are enough that I can look up a top 10 list, but only maybe 3 look authentic.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I ordered the duck pie from Momofuku, arrives late next week, looking forward !!
https://www.goldbelly.com/momofuku/duck-pie
-
Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Neighborhood faves that are on Goldbelly include Veselka and Tompkins Square Bagels. I see Zahav in Philadelphia, which is normally almost impossible to get a reservation for, also has some meals available that could be a fun splurge.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Thank you for the heads up on the AMEX offer!

6 Lou Malnati's pizzas are on their way to me for $53 net of the $50 AMEX offer and $12 left on an old gift card.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by work2fly
Thank you for the heads up on the AMEX offer!

6 Lou Malnati's pizzas are on their way to me for $53 net of the $50 AMEX offer and $12 left on an old gift card.
aces! I have started to google Amex goldbelly because I do have Amex :-)

does this really expire 6/30/21?? Omg.
corky likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
aces! I have started to google Amex goldbelly because I do have Amex :-)

does this really expire 6/30/21?? Omg.
Does it? I thought it expired on 12/31/20. Hmmm....might look into this. Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:50 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
they’re thin bagels, yes? They don’t look huge. Essa bagels are huge!
i’m still tempted about the Montreal bagels. I once asked you (and received!) for guidance because goodbelly sells 2 or even 3 different Montreal brands. I have had to hold back simply due to the freezer issue!
I would describe them as normal sized. Bagels on steroids don't appeal to me.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by aztimm
Having been to Franklin, I thought it was kinda meh. But I don't eat red meat; their chicken and turkey options were fine, but not as good as what I've had in KC.
iOne thing about special food places is that I look forward to visiting those places when I travel. Old Forge pizza is good in Old Forge; if I'm here, there's decent local pizza that work. Round Rock Donuts are good, but I certainly wouldn't order them from afar.
I agree... I have searched for "Old Forge style pizza" (found a place in Harrisburg once) but goldbelly seems to be the only thing that shows up outside of Old Forge itself.

Wegman's sells an Old Forge style pizza shell (up in that area, not here in DC area, it is either Agostini or Lucci's brand?) I have brought and made at home. It is a good base for a light thick crust but not tried the cheese topping (fontina blend - some say with American cheese!)

We haven't received them yet, but if you are a fan of Montreal bagels you can buy from either St Viator or Fairmont (I can't remember which). Montreal natives will tell you that there are no other bagel bakeries worth considering.

ETA: I still have no idea what two people are going to do with four dozen bagels. Or where will you find room in either of our freezers.
I have had both St. Viator and Fairmont... both are great - but I prefer Fairmont but I cannot see doing delivery. And from this yankee, the Montreal natives should add "in the world" to worth considering!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 15, 2021 at 5:46 pm Reason: merge
Old Jan 8, 2021, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh I can’t find the goldbelly promo with my delta gold Amex offers. Or my other Amex (not gold?) - I only have the free Amex and not the expensive Amex. Granted delta is $99 but first year free.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Ugh I can’t find the goldbelly promo with my delta gold Amex offers. Or my other Amex (not gold?) - I only have the free Amex and not the expensive Amex. Granted delta is $99 but first year free.
When I googled it, it listed the promo for an Amex Platinum card. I have a few Amex’s (Hilton and Delta), and haven’t seen Goldbelly in the current offers.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When I googled it, it listed the promo for an Amex Platinum card. I have a few Amex’s (Hilton and Delta), and haven’t seen Goldbelly in the current offers.
thank you! I think Plat costs money, so I guess it’s fair that Amex is limiting the free money.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by fwfdan
I have had both St. Viator and Fairmont... both are great - but I prefer Fairmont but I cannot see doing delivery. And from this yankee, the Montreal natives should add "in the world" to worth considering!
Not the best bagels in the world. No one who's lived in/near NYC would say that about Montreal bagels.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Not the best bagels in the world. No one who's lived in/near NYC would say that about Montreal bagels.

I respectfully disagree... I have not lived in Montreal or NYC but spent a while in both places. Montreal kicks butt...
JBord likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.