Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Goldbelly finds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:09 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
Didn't know this was possible. I'm tempted, although technically on a January calorie count after the holidays.
Nor did we! Though I did know you could buy Lester's meat to go with the airport once you pre-clear, but we almost always fly Porter so it's rarely am option for us. (The last time we flew non-stop was after our wedding, and we had so much stuff that we could not carry Lester's. And by stuff, I'm talking about part of a wedding cake among other things.)

Just wait a couple weeks on order it! Though I will warn you, shipping is steep! $60 I think.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I believe Lox is cured (salt and sugar?), not smoked. I actually prefer that to smoked salmon on a bagel. But I'm not turning down either one!
The king of bagels. And the salt bagel is queen. Plain is acceptable. Any others are toss-ins to calm the uncouth.
Oy I definitely love all bagels and I wouldn’t want to accept plain and I don’t consider sesame and salt to be tops. I’ll just respectfully accept that we disagree about bagels :-)
I definitely mix lox/smoked salmon in diction; I suppose it’s like how I’ve converted luncheon to be part of my daily diction.

Originally Posted by corky
I have nothing to base this on but I don't know if I would like frozen and reheated cooked lamb. I don't often freeze cooked meals. I try to make what I can finish eating without having to do that...but I happen to like leftovers, too.
In theory, the lamb meal will be shipped cold with much dried ice packaging. I would simply portion out the planned meal and freeze the rest. It’s like buying the 12-pack of aidells sausage at Costco and freezing 8 of them; or even just buying the frozen meatballs that are cooked and then frozen.
JBord likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
Oy I definitely love all bagels and I wouldn’t want to accept plain and I don’t consider sesame and salt to be tops. I’ll just respectfully accept that we disagree about bagels :-)
Which are your favorites? Everyone has a couple they tend to reach for. Sorry if I missed it up-thread.
Sesame and salt are still royalty to me. Especially if they have cream cheese, lox, red onion, and capers . I don't care for the sweet bagels. I will somewhat shamefully admit that I've fallen for the Everything Bagel seasoning mix scam too. I probably have all those things in my spice drawer, but I still buy the mixed bottle.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Decided to use the Amex offer x2 for my birthday this week. Have a Steamed Crab Kit from Harbour House Crabs (I am originally from Maryland) and a Peanut Butter Fudge Ganache Ice Cream Cake from Anderson's Frozen Custard (Buffalo) on the way.

Almost ordered the Not Fried Chicken Ice Cream Bucket from Life Raft Treats in Charleston, but I think my wife wants to save that for her birthday in a few weeks (and our 3rd use of the Amex credit).
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I’ve done Shake Shack both for myself and a family member as well as the Daily Provisions chocolate caramel cookies. Everything has been great so far!

It’s tough to choose what next - Langer’s #19 looks tempting, so do any of the Hot Chicken... so many good choices!
corky likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which are your favorites? Everyone has a couple they tend to reach for. Sorry if I missed it up-thread.
Sesame and salt are still royalty to me. Especially if they have cream cheese, lox, red onion, and capers . I don't care for the sweet bagels. I will somewhat shamefully admit that I've fallen for the Everything Bagel seasoning mix scam too. I probably have all those things in my spice drawer, but I still buy the mixed bottle.
Favorite bagels with butter or cream cheese:
essa pumpernickel
Wise sons everything
OUAB egg everything (they might call it all-season egg?)

for lox bagel, I’ll prefer everything, poppy, sesame, onion... whatever my family doesn’t want.

sweet bagels - chocolate chip, blueberry, essa 9-grain honey

So when I order essa bagels, it’ll be mostly pumpernickel and honey nut. Last order (7/2019) was 16 pumpernickel and 5 each onion & 9-grain honey! Their salt is too intense :-)
JBord likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
I’ve done Shake Shack both for myself and a family member as well as the Daily Provisions chocolate caramel cookies. Everything has been great so far!

It’s tough to choose what next - Langer’s #19 looks tempting, so do any of the Hot Chicken... so many good choices!
Langers #19 is AMAZING. You will thank me. OMG---I might have to drive up there one of these days. I don't know how it travels via Goldbelly but it is the bomb. They make their own rye bread...mouth is watering as I think about it.
How does Shake Shack arrive?
I don't think of some of the things on there as shipping well but I guess they do.
TWA884 and United747 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 5:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Langers #19 is AMAZING. You will thank me. OMG---I might have to drive up there one of these days. I don't know how it travels via Goldbelly but it is the bomb. They make their own rye bread...mouth is watering as I think about it.
How does Shake Shack arrive?
I don't think of some of the things on there as shipping well but I guess they do.
Thanks for the tip on Langer’s! I’ll definitely put that at the top of my list!

As for Shake Shack, I was impressed with the packing - the beef came vacuum sealed in Pat LaFrieda packing and loosely portioned into balls to be smashed in the pan. Martin’s Potato Rolls came as you’d find them at the grocery store, and then the special sauce and cheese also came in their own separate containers.

One of the orders was the limited edition SmokeShack which also came with a pack of Niman Ranch bacon and chopped hot peppers.
corky likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by United747
Thanks for the tip on Langer’s! I’ll definitely put that at the top of my list!

As for Shake Shack, I was impressed with the packing - the beef came vacuum sealed in Pat LaFrieda packing and loosely portioned into balls to be smashed in the pan. Martin’s Potato Rolls came as you’d find them at the grocery store, and then the special sauce and cheese also came in their own separate containers.

One of the orders was the limited edition SmokeShack which also came with a pack of Niman Ranch bacon and chopped hot peppers.
Great!
Last year my sister sent me Coney Island hot dogs from Detroit. They came from the actual restaurant not Goldbelly. It was so fun...they included an onion for me to chop, the dogs (with a skin that snaps), a tub of chili and even a hat from the place. American Coney Island
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does Shake Shack arrive?.
my local beloved deli Wise Sons has their own 19 in honor of Langers although when I’ve had their sandwiches, I tend to just get pastrami or corned beef. I buy their bagels and cream cheeses at groceries; my former office was 3 doors down so I used to go there semi-weekly. I love their food and was last there in April to get gefilte and sprinkle cookies for Pessach. I used to make French toast with their challah but switched to using cheaper cinnamon loaf.
https://vittlemonster.com/2014/08/23...-delicatessen/
corky, FlyerEC and TWA884 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
my local beloved deli Wise Sons has their own 19 in honor of Langers although when I’ve had their sandwiches, I tend to just get pastrami or corned beef. I buy their bagels and cream cheeses at groceries; my former office was 3 doors down so I used to go there semi-weekly. I love their food and was last there in April to get gefilte and sprinkle cookies for Pessach. I used to make French toast with their challah but switched to using cheaper cinnamon loaf.
https://vittlemonster.com/2014/08/23...-delicatessen/
But do you own their book?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
But do you own their book?
awww it’s cute. I don’t own their book. I have about 7 years worth of their printed paper menus that I can’t bring myself to recycle. I can’t cook their best foods - bagels, rye, cream cheeses, pastrami, corned beef, and French fries. Their other foods aren’t as great so any free online recipe works. I’ve eaten all 4 daily meals (breakfast brunch luncheon supper) there (separate from delivery & carryout) from 2012 to 2019 so I know their menu pretty obsessively and I’m extremely happy for their success. I basically had my office near them from 2013 to 2017!
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
awww it’s cute. I don’t own their book. I have about 7 years worth of their printed paper menus that I can’t bring myself to recycle. I can’t cook their best foods - bagels, rye, cream cheeses, pastrami, corned beef, and French fries. Their other foods aren’t as great so any free online recipe works. I’ve eaten all 4 daily meals (breakfast brunch luncheon supper) there (separate from delivery & carryout) from 2012 to 2019 so I know their menu pretty obsessively and I’m extremely happy for their success. I basically had my office near them from 2013 to 2017!
It's more than a cookbook.
Originally Posted by Epicurious
There are family pictures and jokes-plenty of jokes that you are absolutely only allowed to make if you are Jewish, as the three authors are. It's an insider-y book for someone who's misplaced their family recipe for latkes, or maybe just someone who wants to laugh at the stories and commiserate with the bar mitzvah outfit choices, bagel in hand.
Originally Posted by Eater
Plus, the book is kind of hilarious, filled with old snapshots and fun illustrations, sibling arguments and bar mitzvah throwbacks.

Levin captures all of it, the bearded brothers and buddies, the disdainful New Yorkers, the kale-eating Californians. But most of all, it captures the nostalgia of the dishes, where fishy and squidgy foods intersect with family traditions, from the endearing to the ridiculous. The book isn’t just about food, it’s about Jews and food, and to borrow Levin’s word, their nearly “pathological” obsession with it.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which culture ISN’T pathologically obsessed with food or something? :-)
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:29 pm

Just ordered the Joe's Ribs, Brisket and Burnt Ends pack for $103 and added promo code GOLDB3LLY to save $20:

$53 after AMEX $50 off, not bad at all for 3 lbs of high quality Kansas City BBQ
corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.