Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honey on a pizza

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
From an early age, Southern children learn to dip everything in ranch dressing. Pizza included. When Mrs BV was a teacher in Tennessee, all cafeteria pizza was served with ranch on the side. I'm pretty sure the children wouldn't have eaten it without.
like tabasco farther west?

or salt / salt & pepper for a lot of people

interesting so many people do things based on routine
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
like tabasco farther west?

or salt / salt & pepper for a lot of people

interesting so many people do things based on routine
I suppose they see their parents do it. At least tabasco is calorie free. There's a reason why obesity is greatest in the south.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know if there already is a pizza topping thread. I haven't tried the honey yet...but will. Tonight I had pastrami pizza and it was delicious. Mustard, a little mayo, mozzarella, pastrami and dill pickles. It sounds weird but I loved it.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had it a few times, but the best was the pizza place in Kyoto train station, which served a 4 cheese pizza, each quarter being a different cheese, and it came with a little pot of honey just to go on the blue cheese quarter (as we were told by sign language). It shouldn't work, but it does!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Come to NYC, go to Roberta's (either at their home location in BK or at Urbanspace in midtown Manhattan) and get the 'Bee Sting'. Yum.
We have Robertas now in LA! Culver City actually. I went last night--so good. And yes one of the pizzas we got was the Bee Sting and it was delicious. It was that perfect sweet and savory mix.
BEE STING
tomato, soppressata, mozzarella with chili oil, honey and basil
$19
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I should try this honey idea; I like spicy pizza and it could be fun to add some honey.

I’m curious about Detroit pizza. I have the 8x8” cake pans for it. Oh I’m so curious. Will try it...
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
I should try this honey idea; I like spicy pizza and it could be fun to add some honey.

I’m curious about Detroit pizza. I have the 8x8” cake pans for it. Oh I’m so curious. Will try it...
I was curious about honey too and I had it Roberta's here and I really liked the honey. But I love sweet and savory together--or sweet and spicy. One of my favorite pizzas is the Pastrami pizza at Mickey's Deli in Hermosa....and it has dill pickles on it!
The best part of a Detroit pizza is the super crispy corners and edges that are swimming in oil/butter. I think there might be cornmeal in the crust...I can't remember. And the tomatoes are on the top. Do it! Make one and post a photo. BTW, Costco now has Detroit pizza in the freezer section. I even texted a photo to Ian (both of us from Detroit) but it had some toppings that I don't like so I wasn't tempted.

Last edited by corky; Jul 11, 2020 at 12:28 am
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gaobest
There is one pizza chain, Jets, that specializes in Detroit style pizza. It’s my youngest’s favorite pizza. They sometimes have online sales that make it more reasonable.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There is one pizza chain, Jets, that specializes in Detroit style pizza. It’s my youngest’s favorite pizza. They sometimes have online sales that make it more reasonable.
Buddy's is the gold standard in Detroit pizza IMO. I don't think I have heard of Jets.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by corky
Buddy's is the gold standard in Detroit pizza IMO. I don't think I have heard of Jets.
Jets has franchises in 19 states. No West coast locations.

Buddy’s seems to only have locations in Michigan.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 8:15 am

The only sauce that should be on a pizza is tomato sauce
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Jets has franchises in 19 states. No West coast locations.

Buddy’s seems to only have locations in Michigan.
Yes, because that is where Detroit is located. It is not Detroit pizza in 19 states.
Originally Posted by zack14
???? Honey isn't a sauce.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
I was curious about honey too and I had it Roberta's here and I really liked the honey. But I love sweet and savory together--or sweet and spicy. ...
Make one and post a photo. BTW, Costco now has Detroit pizza in the freezer section. I even texted a photo to Ian (both of us from Detroit) but it had some toppings that I don't like so I wasn't tempted.
so have people in Detroit had Detroit style pizza forever? I really hadn’t heard of this until 2019!!
corky likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zack14
awww don’t you like pesto or just “white” pizza (blanco in Italia) :-)

I love pizza but of course now I’m just cooking it.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
From an early age, Southern children learn to dip everything in ranch dressing. Pizza included. When Mrs BV was a teacher in Tennessee, all cafeteria pizza was served with ranch on the side. I'm pretty sure the children wouldn't have eaten it without.
More than southern kids use ranch dressing as a dipping sauce since ranch dressing has overtaken ketchup in condiment sales. My wife's relatives in eastern Ohio use ranch dressing as a dipping sauce for french fries. Eastern Ohio has an Appalachian feel since it borders Kentucky and West Virginia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.