Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Why do they always start with Bud Light?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why do they always start with Bud Light?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by kipper
We went to Ruby Tuesday last night, and had similar feelings.
kipper, is it still open? BamaVol Jr #3 works for RT and has been sweating the closures until this past week. At this point, most of the 95 stores slated to close have been shuttered.

I've always found at least one beer at RT that I enjoyed drinking. His store only has two taps devoted to craft beers but he has influence on which they are. Like me, he's a dark beer fan but sadly he can't spend a tap on what won't sell.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
kipper, is it still open? BamaVol Jr #3 works for RT and has been sweating the closures until this past week. At this point, most of the 95 stores slated to close have been shuttered.

I've always found at least one beer at RT that I enjoyed drinking. His store only has two taps devoted to craft beers but he has influence on which they are. Like me, he's a dark beer fan but sadly he can't spend a tap on what won't sell.
No. Our local RT closed the day after we were there. Our area had two, one near us, one south of the city. The one south of the city is still open.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:50 am
Suspended

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BamaVol
<rant on> I eat at a lot of different restaurants (and drink at a lot of different bars). If I'm too far from the taps to read the handles, I ask the server to tell me what draft beers are available. They always start with Bud Light and list another 6 beers that taste exactly like it (i.e. no flavor) before they get to anything I would remotely consider putting in my mouth.

I wish I was responsible for training servers across the world. That would be one of my rules. Of course you have Bud Light and its clones. No one asks what's on tap because they want a Bud Light. Start with the outliers and stop wasting the customers' time.< rant off>
Well, ahh, hmm, given that it's the FIFTH BEST SELLING BEER IN THE ***** WORLD and the top selling beer in the US, I'd say it probably has to do with the likelihood of someone buying it.

https://top5ofanything.com/list/9d9f...eer-in-the-U.S.
https://top5ofanything.com/list/0885...ands-Worldwide
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I mean, if you're at Applebee's how can you expect anything else?

Living in Maine has made me appreciate beer much more than I used to. If you ever see anything made by Rising Tide or Maine Beer Co, grab it and don't look back.
Do you ever go to Ebenezer's?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ou81two
Well, ahh, hmm, given that it's the FIFTH BEST SELLING BEER IN THE ***** WORLD and the top selling beer in the US, I'd say it probably has to do with the likelihood of someone buying it.

https://top5ofanything.com/list/9d9f...eer-in-the-U.S.
https://top5ofanything.com/list/0885...ands-Worldwide
You miss my point. There is no need to tell anyone that you have Bud Light. You should only mention it if you're out of it. Most people in the US who want a Bud Light don't ask what's on tap. They just say " bring me a Bud Light".
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:47 pm

Same reason Coke is the first option listed by a server when asked "what sodas do you have available?".
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KoKoBuddy
Same reason Coke is the first option listed by a server when asked "what sodas do you have available?".
I think that's legit. It's either that or "we pour Pepsi products. Would Pepsi be alright?" It feels like a lot of cola drinkers have a strong bias.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.