Reload this Page >

Best burger in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:59 am

Just had a Red Mill burger in Seattle last week, and it was pretty awesome.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:53 pm
Suspended

My signature burger that I cook at home. Simple and amazing and better than anything I've had in a restaurant.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:55 pm
Suspended

A shout out for Zippy's in Seattle...
If the burger was really good, you wouldn't need all of that other crap on there. It all just takes away from the taste of the meat.

Zippys also forces you into trailer park sides like onion rings and french fries. It's great that drive-thrus used these sides as they were the cheapest thing they could serve. With the standard of living in the US, there's no reason why people should be chained to these.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:56 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
does a panino count?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:29 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
does a panino count?
Actually, you've just reminded me of two places:

1) The "Super Sandwich", a Russian-run sandwich bar near "Silicon Roundabout" in London, now sadly gone due to being situated in a building earmarked for development that mysteriously caught fire one night. They did wonderful, tiny, peppery beefburgers (rare, if you asked!) with a mix of cheese and spices in a (not flattened, lightly toasted) panini. An old favourite.

2) A late night sandwicherie in Strasbourg (I think it's now just a Pomme de Pain). Used to do (always rare) steack haché frites, all in a baguette. Ultimate junk food
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by 99luftballoons
If the burger was really good, you wouldn't need all of that other crap on there. It all just takes away from the taste of the meat.

Zippys also forces you into trailer park sides like onion rings and french fries. It's great that drive-thrus used these sides as they were the cheapest thing they could serve. With the standard of living in the US, there's no reason why people should be chained to these.
What sort of sides would you enjoy with your burger? I can't think of anything better than fresh thin onion rings.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:01 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Truffle Love Burger from Lunchbox Laboratory in Seattle.

They aren't quite as good since Scott Simpson (may he rest in peace) sold the place, but Lunchbox still makes some badass burgers.

Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:40 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by lancebanyon
Where in Germany and what style? Germany is known for lot's of things - curry wurst, gluhwein, lebkuchen, brats, beer, etc - but, regardless of the Hamburg history, I've never heard anyone make reference to German hamburgers as being a specialty of the country. I live here and I won't eat them, but then again that's just me. Most people in my village eat fricadelles or fleischkase in a brotchen instead of hamburgers, but that could be a regional thing. I won't eat pommes with mayonaisse either.
This family run diner in Cologne is my absolute favourite for a non-chain burger in Germany. Standing room and take away only but everything they do is from scratch and has a great taste.

http://leben-in-suelz.de/suelzergrill.html
Old Dec 10, 2012, 1:12 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1
I'm surprised that people prefer under-cooked burgers as in the uk burgers cooked to under 160 degrees (Well done")are con sidered hazardous and it is considered a food risk to undercook burgers and in particular to hold them at lower than that.

Food Standards Agency

I guess we all have a different view of risk .......
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
The places I go for a med rare burger are making it to order so no hold time.

Just like anyone who enjoys sushi or other raw/undercooked items, one has to have faith that the restaurant is using high quality vendors/supplies. I think my faith may be a bit stronger than the usual consumer
You may be interested to read what action Westmisnter Council are taking against restaurants - including top-end (reliable!) restaurants cooking burgers to 158F for less than 2 minutes or at lower temperatures ....Westminster council cracks down on rare and medium-rare burgers and The chips are down... burger chefs bite back over rare meat crackdown .
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:03 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by ryanthekiwi
What sort of sides would you enjoy with your burger? I can't think of anything better than fresh thin onion rings.
I'm right there with you on this. I don't have either very often, but if I'm going to do the damage, a great burger (which I can easily make at home) with a few perfectly--and freshly--cooked (thin or thick) onion rings (which I can't easily make at home) is a winner.

My dad grew up in New England and refers to the sandwich as a "Hamburg". So did a friend from Erie, Pennsylvania. I love to hear the different regional names for food items, i.e., soda/pop/coke; milkshake/frappe; grinders/hoagies/subs, etc.

I was surprised when I ordered a hamburger in Sydney and it had a fried egg on it. Different that what I am used to, but good.

Last edited by youreadyfreddie; Dec 10, 2012 at 4:08 pm
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
The best burger I've had was at Slater's 50/50 in LA. There's a few locations (mostly in OC) but they just built one in Pasadena

The 50/50 patty, which they are known for, is made up of 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon. From there, you can dress it any way you want. They have custom burgers or a build your own.

Furthermore, if you are a bacon person, they have lots of bacon options..
Bacon Ketchup
Baconaiise
Bacon Milkshakes
Bacon Bourbon
etc.

My co worker buddy swears on Golden State Cafe but I have yet to try it. The last time I tried to eat there, I got caught up in traffic as there was a big event nearby.

For a fast food burger, I like In n Out fine enough (animal style) but I would agree that Five Guys is better overall.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Fuddruckers!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
The Gold Standard at Holsten inside The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas was one of my best; didn't hurt that it was free after paying with Identity points...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Philatravelgirl
In Philly we have lots of great burger options which makes it tough to find others I like out of town-500 is my go to burger joint and then if fancy, go for Kobe sliders at Barclay Prime.
Bobbys burger bar is great, they have a vanilla bourbon milkshake thats to die for. Gallos burger bar is awful.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by JimJ321
Kumas corner in Chicago! Get there early...and enjoy a cool atmosphere and one of the best burgers ever. Pretzel buns, great fries and some pretty funky topping combos.
I'm heading to ATL next week so will try out Ann's...Ghetto Burger sounds right up my alley.

Another vote for Kuma's! I've had a lot of burgers in my day, and Kuma's is the clear winner in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.