Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Top Chef Masters

Top Chef Masters

Old Sep 5, 13, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by JWEMTX View Post
Yep, I'd say it was rigged.

"Fact, bears eat beets..." - Jim Halpert
I think there was a lot of editing going on too. They don't want you to guessed the result so they played the worst comments about the person who was safe. I think a kid challenge in Top Chef Master is kind of dumb. I don't think any of the top dishes were actually great. These are master chefs, they should be taking a bad ingredient and make it a star and taste great. But instead, most of them were trying to hide it or use so little of it so you cannot taste or see it at all. I think Brian has the gut to actually take beet and try to feature it and make it kid friendly. I saw him and his brother on Top Chef, but after watching him in Top Chef Master, I really want to go try out his restaurant.
Old Sep 5, 13, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Need View Post
I think there was a lot of editing going on too. They don't want you to guessed the result so they played the worst comments about the person who was safe. I think a kid challenge in Top Chef Master is kind of dumb. I don't think any of the top dishes were actually great. These are master chefs, they should be taking a bad ingredient and make it a star and taste great. But instead, most of them were trying to hide it or use so little of it so you cannot taste or see it at all. I think Brian has the gut to actually take beet and try to feature it and make it kid friendly. I saw him and his brother on Top Chef, but after watching him in Top Chef Master, I really want to go try out his restaurant.
Curtis actually spit out the food of one of the chefs. Warm raw fish. Yum! That was a pretty good indication he would not go home.
Old Sep 8, 13, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Silver, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ILuvParis View Post
Curtis actually spit out the food of one of the chefs. Warm raw fish. Yum! That was a pretty good indication he would not go home.
Indeed. There should be no way that Sang stays in the competition with that big of a faux pas.

One of these days Mrs. Swede and I will make it to downtown Denver to try Rioja.
Old Sep 9, 13, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis View Post
Exactly! They are trying so hard to throw you off the result that you could actually guess that result from that! I think that's a dumb idea. What's more important? Keeping you in suspense for another 5 to 10 minutes or giving credibility to the judges?

When I saw Ali Larter, I thought it would be some kind of zombie theme quick fire! ;P
Old Oct 20, 13, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally caught up on episodes. A very enjoyable season. Mrs. Swede and I will try to snag a table at Rioja this weekend.
Old Oct 21, 13, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I loved how Doug, executive chef of Cyrus in California won. Two reasons: first, I've dined at Cyrus twice and had a wonderful time both times. It's a great experience. And secondly, he seems to be one of the very rare people who picked an animal charity, so I rooted for him on Quickfires for that reason. Since he won a few Quickfires and also the title, I think he brought home enough money to perhaps build a whole new facility for Green Dog. Woot!
Old Oct 27, 13, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
Mrs. Swede and I will try to snag a table at Rioja this weekend.
We walked in around 6:30pm last night without a reservation. 45 minutes later, they were able to sit us at the chef's bar next to the kitchen with Chef Jasinski holding court. ^ The guys on the show talked about how loud she is, she's even louder than I expected.

Food was amazing. If you visit, one of you must order the "Fresh Bacon" dish and the "Colorado Lamb Two Ways" dish.

The place was packed. Her other restaurant across the street (Bistro Vendrome) was a 90-minute wait if you didn't have reservations. We didn't visit the restaurant Jorel runs just down the block (maybe next time).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: