Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Things you don't want to hear in front of you in line....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
TSA: "How do you pronounce your last name??"

Pax: "Bin Laden"
I was in the security line at LHR a few years ago and a guy in front of me was trying to get some big bottles of liquids through and arguing with the security person. They told them he had to check them and he said "if you make me check them I will miss my flight to Dubai and then I wont make my connection to Karachi". I told the guy I was pretty sure that wasnt going to help him.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:39 pm

Cashier to person in front of me at Safeway, "Your food stamps expired yesterday."
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
excellent thread ^
rofl
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
.....I know I have exact change somewhere in here.....
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Once walking across the border from Tijuana in the line for customs..."I think I am gonna puke"
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:37 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by ninerfan
Once walking across the border from Tijuana in the line for customs..."I think I am gonna puke"
I heard that one on a completely packed Long Island Railroad train at about 4:00 AM. From someone near me but it was so packed I couldn't tell who it was.

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Mar 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:37 pm

The drive thru...avoid at all costs.

Last edited by Analise; Mar 28, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
My biggest pet peeve in line is when the person in front of me has also been waiting for at least several minutes, and yet when he's asked for his order he suddenly looks at the menu as if it just became visible.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I was in the security line at LHR a few years ago and a guy in front of me was trying to get some big bottles of liquids through and arguing with the security person. They told them he had to check them and he said "if you make me check them I will miss my flight to Dubai and then I wont make my connection to Karachi". I told the guy I was pretty sure that wasnt going to help him.
On the plus side, the fact he was concerned about his connection should have been a positive to security!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
On the plus side, the fact he was concerned about his connection should have been a positive to security!
Good point. But it wasnt enough of a positive to let him take the stuff through.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Welcome to XYZ do you want to try a ..... Please order when ready.

ME: Give me a #1 with a coke please.......

Speaker: I'm sorry for the wait can you repeat the order please?

ME: Give me a #1 with a coke please.......

Speaker: Thats a number 9 with a orange drink correct?

ME: No, a #1 WITH A COKE

Speaker: Do you want something to drink with that?

ME: COKE !!

Speaker: Okay I have a #9 with a coke. Would you like an apple pie with that?

Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: JMB Diamond, Hilton Silver, UAL
In any fast food line, or movie theatre snack counter line, I cringe at the words..

"Ok, Brittanee (Hailee, Dakota, Karlee... take your pick) tell the nice lady what you want".

Spoken by a parent to their child and followed by 5 minutes of dithering and babble back and forth.

i know kids have to learn to order food at some point, but not in a busy line and not when they are just barely verbal.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by rochel
In any fast food line, or movie theatre snack counter line, I cringe at the words..

"Ok, Brittanee (Hailee, Dakota, Karlee... take your pick) tell the nice lady what you want".
LOL That is so right....those names! You are, as they say, "spot on"!

Spoken by a parent to their child and followed by 5 minutes of dithering and babble back and forth.

i know kids have to learn to order food at some point, but not in a busy line and not when they are just barely verbal.
So what do you do? Endure this?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4pm, starving, ok I'll swing by the drive thru and get a McDouble and a value fries to hold me over to the late dinner.

Speaker: Hi would you like to try our new oatmeal?

??? It's 4pm, how many people say "uh ok"?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
That drives me crazy too. And the chances that this is the first time the person has been to this restaurant approach zero. I had an ex-gf who would do this, I would start to ask her what she wanted as we were pulling into the parking lot and she finally figured it out. My wife would do the same thing when we were driving and coming up to a toll booth. She'd just totally glaze over on getting the change out to pay the toll...

My mother-in-law does the other "drive me crazy" thing. She pays by check where ever she shops. She waits until she gets the total from the cashier and then starts ... to ... pull ... the ... checkbook ... out ... of ... the ... purse, ... open ... the ... checkbook, .. go ... back ... into ... the ... purse ... to ... find ... a ... pen, then ask ... the .. cashier .. for ... the ... total ... again. That adds 20-30 points to my BP right there...

Originally Posted by maize&blue
My biggest pet peeve in line is when the person in front of me has also been waiting for at least several minutes, and yet when he's asked for his order he suddenly looks at the menu as if it just became visible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.