Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DSI
Finally someone that drinks Maine Beer, and no doubt realizes how hard it is to get. (Unless you get Zoe or something...)

We drank several cases of Maine this weekend on a ski trip with friends. Mainly their Lunch and Old Man Tom, which I also liked.

Never had the dinner, yet. That's my goal for 2017.
Not that hard to get - I see it at the Whole Foods beer store in Manhattan with a decent amount of frequency.

Picked up Sierra Nevada's 2017 version of their Beer Camp beer - golden IPA...not really a big fan. It's okay but nowhere close to the quality of its better stuff.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
This week in Bali

We're having Bintang in Seminyak and Anker in Ubud.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:37 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Maine Lunch or their other beers, like Zoe or Peeper? Maybe we live too far south and don't get as much here.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Went out to the Brass Tap last night for a couple native Floridian beers. Grayton is still brewery of the month so tried their stout and found it very coffee-centric. Also had a pineapple pale ale from Funky Buddha. Enjoyed it way more than Ballast Point's pineapple sculpin. The difference was it was a bit sweeter and more pineapply. Headed to Ft Lauderdale in April to the Funky Buddha brewery and taproom. I'm very excited about that.
Interesting. Try to follow on those footsteps on my next FL trip.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got a sixer of Dieselpunk Double IPA today and it's really awful. It's highly sweet which doesn't make any sense. Not sure I'll finish them.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Got a sixer of Dieselpunk Double IPA today and it's really awful. It's highly sweet which doesn't make any sense. Not sure I'll finish them.
I feel such guilt throwing out bad beer. I have 6 cans of Budweiser my brother-in-law left behind and 2 bottles of Angry Orchard (cider) with cinnamon from a variety 12 pack. I don't see myself drinking any of it and anyone I've offered it to has turned it down. Maybe if I asked the high school kids in the neighborhood? Oh, I know, bad idea. But I feel guilty putting it in the trash despite the fact that that's where it belongs.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I feel such guilt throwing out bad beer. I have 6 cans of Budweiser my brother-in-law left behind and 2 bottles of Angry Orchard (cider) with cinnamon from a variety 12 pack. I don't see myself drinking any of it and anyone I've offered it to has turned it down. Maybe if I asked the high school kids in the neighborhood? Oh, I know, bad idea. But I feel guilty putting it in the trash despite the fact that that's where it belongs.
Beer can chicken!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Stiegl
Old Feb 4, 2017, 6:51 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Had two growlers of xocovesa last night with several friends. Really superb beer and I was so lucky to have it on draft.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
It's not summer yet but I was in Apalachicola. Went to the Owl Cafe for lunch. Since it's across the street from Oyster City Brewing, they feature the local brews on tap. First Light of Day was a summer ale and I enjoyed every drop with my meal.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Faced with a similar problem a while back, I used the cider as a marinade base before slow roasting a fresh pork ham. As for the Bud, noxious, but a can or 2 suitable for a "Carbonade" of beef done in a slow cooker
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Unlike my last purchase this is a good on: Blue Point Brewing Hoptical Illusion.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Fullsteam Cackalacky
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
If you give it to the high school kids they will think Budweiser & Angry Orchard are actually drinkable..

Someone above suggested cooking - probably the best use, otherwise give the alligators in the sewers something to cheer about!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Tin Roof (Baton Rouge, LA) "Parade Ground, Coffee Porter, a little thin and bland for the category, maybe a "Tropical Climate" porter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.