Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've had very little motivation to drink beer (or any alcohol, for that matter) the past few weeks.

I did have a Stella Artois last night since that is about all that's left in my fridge.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Unlike my last purchase this is a good on: Blue Point Brewing Hoptical Illusion.
One of 3 or 4 Blue Point beers featured at Publix this week with a BOGOF offer.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DSI
Finally someone that drinks Maine Beer, and no doubt realizes how hard it is to get. (Unless you get Zoe or something...)

We drank several cases of Maine this weekend on a ski trip with friends. Mainly their Lunch and Old Man Tom, which I also liked.

Never had the dinner, yet. That's my goal for 2017.
It helps to live in Portland. Not terribly hard to find Maine Beer Co beer in Maine, though Lunch is always a bit of a hit or miss. Peeper is plentiful, and you can usually find Tiny Beautiful SOmething, Another One, Moe, or Zoe without too much fuss.

Dinner is good, but honestly just tastes like Lunch. Rather than get up early on a Saturday to stand in line at the brewery, I'd just go to RiRa or Hunt & Alpine Club and get Lunch on draft.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I've had very little motivation to drink beer (or any alcohol, for that matter) the past few weeks.

I did have a Stella Artois last night since that is about all that's left in my fridge.
I drank the last Grunion in the fridge with the game. What remains are odd cans and bottles of beers that didn't excite me much. Not to mention a pantry full of Bud and cinnamon cider.

I actually am feeling motivated to not drink. The last 3 nights I have been awakened by a stabbing headache after consuming only 1 or 2 beers. I had already decided to give up alcohol for Lent again, as I did last year. I may start sooner.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had the Ninkasi N10 anniversary Imperial blend ale this past weekend out in Arizona. What a fantastic dark beer - 10% ABV and a nice, complex flavor and just the right amount of hops for something that comes off as more of an imperial stout.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have a friend staying with us on Thursday night, and he likes a good beer. I bought a four-pack of Innis & Gunn Rum Cask and a four-pack of Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
AMEX DFW centurion club, Rahr & Sons India Pale Ale. It is good

Last edited by nutwpinut; Feb 7, 2017 at 12:00 pm Reason: Added DFW
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Original 16
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Tried a Sidecar by Sierra Nevada tonight. Was not impressed. Immediately switched back to Hexagenia by Fall River. Always great.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:29 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by braslvr
Tried a Sidecar by Sierra Nevada tonight. Was not impressed. Immediately switched back to Hexagenia by Fall River. Always great.
I wasn't impressed when I tried it either.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:28 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
It helps to live in Portland. Not terribly hard to find Maine Beer Co beer in Maine, though Lunch is always a bit of a hit or miss. Peeper is plentiful, and you can usually find Tiny Beautiful SOmething, Another One, Moe, or Zoe without too much fuss.

Dinner is good, but honestly just tastes like Lunch. Rather than get up early on a Saturday to stand in line at the brewery, I'd just go to RiRa or Hunt & Alpine Club and get Lunch on draft.
I've never had their Dinner. As far as I'm aware it's never made it down to Maryland yet. Baltimore is making a lot of great beer, but not on the level of Portland... yet.

My two sixtels kicked this week, so I just tapped Peabody Heights, Flick, a Double IPA brewed in Baltimore. And I tapped another beer by Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial. I'm suspect that Jolly Pumpkin must be the most expensive brewery in the US, mostly because they use wild fermentation.

We're hosting lots of friends tonight, so they'll be in for a pleasant surprise.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Fade to Black; on the strong side, 8.5%vol, but a great tasting stout
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Brewhouse Light.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:17 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DSI
I've never had their Dinner. As far as I'm aware it's never made it down to Maryland yet. Baltimore is making a lot of great beer, but not on the level of Portland... yet.

My two sixtels kicked this week, so I just tapped Peabody Heights, Flick, a Double IPA brewed in Baltimore. And I tapped another beer by Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial. I'm suspect that Jolly Pumpkin must be the most expensive brewery in the US, mostly because they use wild fermentation.

We're hosting lots of friends tonight, so they'll be in for a pleasant surprise.
If you are in Baltimore, or near Baltimore, join us on March 4 at Heavy Seas Alehouse. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...march-4th.html
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Picked up a 4-pack of Oskar Blues Ten FIDY today at Costco. Expensive 4 pack at $12, but after scrolling through the reviews on BA I thought, why not?! Though considering it's 80 degrees here today and this is a Russian Imperial Stout, I'm going to throw a couple cans in the fridge and wait until it gets cooler in a few days. Drinking a stout in 80 degree weather just feels a bit strange.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2681/34483/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.