Wiki Posts
Search

McDonald's Menu Items from Around the World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
McD's Testing New Breakfast Sandwich

Strap on the feedbag ... kinda much for breakfast IMO. If I grabbed one of these on the way to work ... I'd have to nap til lunch after eating it !!

----

A

A new breakfast sandwich is currently being tested at more than 200 participating McDonald’s across the state of Minnesota. The new all-in-one, golden breakfast sandwich comes on a warm brioche French toast bun with a grade-A freshly cracked egg, melted American cheese, savory hot sausage, thick cut Applewood smoked bacon and brushed with sweet syrup.

“You get savory and smoky flavors from the sausage and bacon,” said McDonald’s Chef Mike Lingo. “Creaminess, cheddar flavors and salt from the American cheese; sweet cinnamon, spice and vanilla flavors from the French toast. It tastes like homemade French toast. It’s everything you love about breakfast in one sandwich.”

McDonald?s Restaurants Testing McGriddles® French Toast Breakfast Sandwich in Minnesota | McDonald's Corporation
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by im-headed-west

“You get savory and smoky flavors from the sausage and bacon,” said McDonald’s Chef Mike Lingo. “Creaminess, cheddar flavors and salt from the American cheese; sweet cinnamon, spice and vanilla flavors from the French toast. It tastes like homemade French toast. It’s everything you love about breakfast in one sandwich.”
I don't understand the fascination with mixing french toast or pancakes with eggs and cheese. Did people actually buy McGriddles after the novelty wore off? I assume there's a customer base for this kind of thing, but I don't personally know anyone who would order this combination.

Maybe they can include a coffee or OJ in the combo meal for dunking!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by im-headed-west
Strap on the feedbag ... kinda much for breakfast IMO. If I grabbed one of these on the way to work ... I'd have to nap til lunch after eating it !!

----

A

A new breakfast sandwich is currently being tested at more than 200 participating McDonald’s across the state of Minnesota. The new all-in-one, golden breakfast sandwich comes on a warm brioche French toast bun with a grade-A freshly cracked egg, melted American cheese, savory hot sausage, thick cut Applewood smoked bacon and brushed with sweet syrup.

McDonald?s Restaurants Testing McGriddles® French Toast Breakfast Sandwich in Minnesota McDonald's Corporation
This is great news for any cardiologist with a mortgage payment due. People are starting to experience angina simply after reading the ingredient list and description of this heart attack sandwich.

You deserve a stroke today.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by JBord
I don't understand the fascination with mixing french toast or pancakes with eggs and cheese. Did people actually buy McGriddles after the novelty wore off? I assume there's a customer base for this kind of thing, but I don't personally know anyone who would order this combination.

+1

I totally get the pancake/french toast + bacon or sausage...but with eggs and cheese, no way.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:24 am
hln

McDonalds in Italy had polpette (meatballs) for a while, not a treat at all as the best polpette usually come from home! They took it off the menu after only a few months!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hln
McDonalds in Italy had polpette (meatballs) for a while, not a treat at all as the best polpette usually come from home! They took it off the menu after only a few months!
That would be a hard sell to the Italian people
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

McGriddle is still on the menu which I have tried 1 time. Egg McMuffin or the breakfast burritos are the only breakfast food items I typically order.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:25 pm
hln

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
That would be a hard sell to the Italian people
It really was! ahah.

i think it was a try for the italian culture.

But i much prefer their Parmigiano Regiano chunk in the happy meal, at least is the real stuff !
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:07 am

McDonald's is celebrating 50 years of the Big Mac. So I had a Big Mac meal, which was selling at a discounted price of $5.50 Singapore Dollars, in Singapore of course. Bought it through a drive-through.

FlightNurse likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Those fries look a little too thick for McDonald's standards. Is there a reason it maybe different in Singapore than in other countries?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I arrived into Helsinki last Sunday evening. Seemingly every restaurant is closed on Sundays in Helsinki and then I saw this ad:

I decided a Double Nacho sounded pretty good and it was! It was a double burger with tortilla chips and nacho cheese sauce on it.
The Helsinki McDonalds also has great sweet potato fries

The customer base is people who just finished drinking at 5 AM when they start serving these

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 27, 2018 at 10:02 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
The new Triple Breakfast Stack really lives up to its name.

Wow ... feedbag indeed !!!

-----

For the first time in five years, McDonald's announced that it will be expanding its breakfast menu.

Not only does new sandwich have three times the meat, but the chain says it was inspired by its very own "secret menu."
Triple Stacks come, well, stacked on three bread options: a fluffy biscuit, a toasted McMuffin bun or a sweet McGriddle cake. Packed inside are two sausage patties, crispy bacon and an egg, plus, two slices of melted American cheese.
nutrition info will be up on the website once the sandwich is officially launched. However, using McDonald's online nutrition calculator, a Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddle plus a Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddle weigh in at 970 calories, 50 grams of fat, 90 grams of carbohydrates, 38 grams of protein and 2,530 milligrams of sodium.
https://www.today.com/food/mcdonald-...stacks-t140521

Last edited by im-headed-west; Oct 24, 2018 at 2:16 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
McDonalds in Taiwan trying to copycat Mos Murger, but failing miserably. They have a fried shrimp burger, but it's tiny, more filler than shrimp, and not at all satisfying vs the Mos Burger shrimp burger which is more substantial even when served on a regular roll vs the rice bun. I think there were a couple more items that looked interesting, but I didn't try them. Mos Burger is still my go-to standard in Japan in Taiwan, but McDonalds can be more interesting in Hong Kong when they run a special item - I still have fond memories of their black pepper crusted double 1/4 pounder.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:58 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thailand usually has a few interesting seasonal features with the pie. It's still fried and the usual fillings are pineapple, sweet corn (strange but it works) and taro. I think I've had peach, chocolate and even savory fillings such as ham and eggs.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
First photo was taken in Dublin sorry it's horrible,

The second one in Edibaugh

Naples Italy

The fry's we tried did not taste like the ones in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.