Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Posting #142 shows one person's getting 11 partners in 72 hours, with more to come soon. (It may not be so easy for those who don't have twin daughters with birthday on Jan. 16)
Perhaps I should not have said "girls". They are adults. However, I never said "daughters" or "birthday". You can go to 1800flowers.com and FTD.com and order Valentines Day flowers today for delivery on Feb 14.

And as to the next two questions..... yes .... and no .

Last edited by Evan!; Jan 20, 2008 at 5:01 pm
Old Jan 20, 2008, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volkswankin
Has anyone tried Skymiles Clothingcare? Would this be a good way to get another transaction?

http://www.skymilesclothingcare.com/
Originally Posted by apoivre
It certainly was during the last year promo.
Because it is clearly listed in the T&C under the section Dining, Retail & Other Partners: and not grouped into the one activity among the following(...) section I can't see any reason why it would not count.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 3:35 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
So what is the best value on Skymall? I was looking at the sound machine to mask my ringing ears, but the shipping was a killer. Anything ship for free or any coupons I can't find out there?

JudyJFLA

9 Delta down and counting

Also if I signed up for the Clothing care last year, I assume that it won't count this year since it is the same account number for Delta?

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Jan 21, 2008 at 3:41 am
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Also if I signed up for the Clothing care last year, I assume that it won't count this year since it is the same account number for Delta?
Whoa. You don't have to "sign up" with these partners in order to qualify you just have to USE them. So the fact that you signed up last year with Clothing Care is irrelevant. Just use a participating dry cleaner in their network with a credit card you have registered with Clothing Care. It will count.

One note about SkyMilesClothingCare.com: I noticed their user interface looked very similar to the "thanks again" network that is touted by AA, CO, UA, etc. This program is for general merchants and not just dry cleaning. Then I noticed that Delta is part of "thanks again" as well. I tried logging in at "thanks again" using the log in I created for skymilesclothingcare.com and it worked. I haven't yet had a chance to test using a merchant other than a dry cleaner but I suspect it will.

Go to:

Last edited by Evan!; Jan 21, 2008 at 11:11 am Reason: skymilesclothingcare.com NOT skymilesshopping.com (oops)
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
so, can you get one activity EACH for skymilesclothingcare and "thanks again"
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta PM
Does Budget truck rental count? Can you do that with a DL code?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpapadop
so, can you get one activity EACH for skymilesclothingcare and "thanks again"
I am guessing... no. Simply because they are one and the same. If you register your credit card via skymilesclothingcare.com it is registered for "thanks again". It works the same way with crossing airlines with rewards network. You can't register credit card ************9999 with skymiles.rewardsnetwork.com to get SkyMiles and register the same credit card with onepass.rewardsnetwork.com to earn OP miles. If you do, the card will no longer earn you SkyMiles when you iDine but rather OP miles. My CC & account were already present at "thanks again" when I discovered them along with the 4 cc's I registered with skymilesclothingcare.com.

FYI, I thought maybe Continental's "Signature Dry Cleaning" might be a different network but when I went clicked on the link at co~.com it took me to...."thanks again".
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Evan!
Whoa. You don't have to "sign up" with these partners in order to qualify you just have to USE them.
That depends... I know where Judy is coming from because last time we only had to sign up for Skymiles Clothing Care - there was a 500 mile sign-up offer that counted as a partner activity and no need to use the service. But that offer doesn't seem to be there this time.

Last time, the miles for simply signing up for the first time with points.com also counted as an activity, but the wording this time is a little unclear - the wording in the T&Cs is "Points.com (point/mile swap for SkyMiles)", so a sign-up bonus may not necessarily count, though I doubt Delta can tell the difference.

Similarly, I've signed up for the Budget promo, and I'll hopefully get my 1000 bonus miles soon - hopefully they'll count, because I've no plans to rent from Budget during the promo.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blagger
That depends... I know where Judy is coming from because last time we only had to sign up for Skymiles Clothing Care - there was a 500 mile sign-up offer that counted as a partner activity and no need to use the service. But that offer doesn't seem to be there this time.

Last time, the miles for simply signing up for the first time with points.com also counted as an activity, but the wording this time is a little unclear - the wording in the T&Cs is "Points.com (point/mile swap for SkyMiles)", so a sign-up bonus may not necessarily count, though I doubt Delta can tell the difference.

Similarly, I've signed up for the Budget promo, and I'll hopefully get my 1000 bonus miles soon - hopefully they'll count, because I've no plans to rent from Budget during the promo.
I see your point. I never thought that someone would think that they could sign-up twice. I think all the "holes" in programs of days-gone-by where signing up multiple times got one multiple signing bonuses are closed. Even if she could sign up again, as I see the rules at skymilesclothingcare.com, one gets a bonus with one's first activity. So a use of a merchant is required. I got the first activity bonus this last week. But I also used a participating merchant. Apparently I missed the time when one could just sign-up and get miles.

When I read the copy for this promo the phrase "for doing business with just 3 unique Delta SkyMiles partners..." stuck in my head. I appreciate the "something for nothing" mentality.... I go for it all the time. But I wouldn't rant at Delta when all the partner-counts are tallied if they did not count a partner with whom "I did no business". The Budget one stands out. Even if signing up with FastBreak counted last year with no actual rental from Budget, I would not be surprised if it didn't count this year. Can Delta "detect" this from the post on one's SkyMiles account??? I do not know.

To me the 99 cent downloads is a creative attempt to play by the rules AND respect the purpose of the promotion from Delta's and the partner's point of view. The Starwood transfer-one-point-to-one-SkyMile is also a creative use of the promotion rules and the promotion purpose.

If I were Delta, I would not count a sign-up bonus of SkyMiles that did not include spending money. But I am not Delta. If I owned a business where I wanted to promote sales through a promotion I would not want to honor a transaction where I got NOTHING monetarily. Perhaps Delta and Budget look at it differently: "Sign up for FastBreak due to this promo and maybe you will use your FB account in the future went renting a car. Take the miles; take the bonus; hopefully we are increasing our market presence."
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Evan!
But I am not Delta. If I owned a business where I wanted to promote sales through a promotion I would not want to honor a transaction where I got NOTHING monetarily.
In general, any time miles are posted to your SkyMiles account from a partner, Delta is getting paid, Delta doesn't really care if the merchant received any revenue for those miles or not, they get paid either way.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
In general, any time miles are posted to your SkyMiles account from a partner, Delta is getting paid, Delta doesn't really care if the merchant received any revenue for those miles or not, they get paid either way.
I agree. Delta should not care if 1K came from no $ or lots of $. But the might care if the 1K meant the difference between giving someone 12,000 bonus SkyMiles as opposed to 20,000 (19 partners versus 20 partners). Not that I think this will happen. I plan to use a minimum of 22 partners to give me a buffer above the 20-count threshold. YMMV
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:42 pm

"doing business with" does not mean "spending money with." with thanksagain and budget fastbreak, you are establishing a business relationship with them (and i think both require a credit card to sign up). that's doing business by any standard.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 6:03 pm

how many were successful

does anyone know of anywhere you can find out about how many actually went to delta...i can wait and see my miles post..but that might be too late
thanks
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by yyliu88
Anyone know how long will take ereward to post?

Thanks
I redeemed for Delta on the 15th posted on the 21st.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
I emailed SkymilesShopping inquiring about the itunes error. Will post back when I hear what's going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.