Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamon
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Perhaps I misunderstood the point of the questions today, but I thought the intent was to brainstorm inexpensive ways to generate Delta activities.
Hilton gives you the options of earning Delta Skymiles and Hilton Points with each stay (Double Dipping). The Skymiles from Hilton usually post a couple of days after you check out.

My question was, can you generate this same activity by eating in a Hilton restaurant, therefore triggering partner activity without A) staying overnight in the hotel or B) transferring large amounts of points from Hilton to Delta (10,000).
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by Carter29072
Points.com miles transfer would be free. Join www.hotspex.com do a couple of surveys, add it to your points.com account and transfer those few points (details are listed in this thread). This was a very easy way to add a unique activity. Also, do the ameriprise auto insurance quote for 500 miles (very quick and you can put 000-0000 for you phon number so they don't bug you) and that will count as another partner activity.
True true true. Here is why points.com is not (yet) on my list. I have never used points.com. So I went there last week to sign-up and get 10 free DL SkyMiles. At the end of the registration process I was told "that account number (meaning my DL number) is already associated with an existing account". I am guessing that I have indeed used points.com but don't remember. All I need to do is contact them and I am sure I can have the new account merged with the existing one but I am confident I won't get the sign-up bonus of 10 miles. The HotSpex is a great free-n-easy way to get a partner. I just need to get this done... so I can drop the DL buy-miles from my list (pricey, as we all know).

I have tried to make no $ investment into this promo. Each car rental was necessary and I would have rented a car even w/o this promo. To keep my promo activity free from spending extra money I have had to try-try-again to get better rates with various rental codes. But I finally did. (The Wal Mart code at fatwallet was GREAT!).

The flowers? - an annual event. I just usually don't take care of that chore until much closer to V-tines day. The mattress hopping always took me to rooms that were cheaper than my normal choice. Savings!, but too much effort. I do not plan on mattress hoping any more (never say never).
Old Jan 29, 2008, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Questions about Alamo car rental--I realized that one of my car rentals from last year didn't get credited to my Delta skymiles account so I called Alamo. I was told that since I used an entertainment coupon I would be unable to receive skymiles for the trip. I even called back later in the day and got another agent who pulled up my reservation and told me the same thing. Has anyone here ever heard that? I have never seen that in writing anywhere. I was hoping that they would post the miles now and I would get credit in this promotion. They did credit miles for a rental for my husband from last year. I am curious to see what date they put on it. Thanks for any input on this.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by griffinj
Hilton gives you the options of earning Delta Skymiles and Hilton Points with each stay (Double Dipping). The Skymiles from Hilton usually post a couple of days after you check out.

My question was, can you generate this same activity by eating in a Hilton restaurant, therefore triggering partner activity without A) staying overnight in the hotel or B) transferring large amounts of points from Hilton to Delta (10,000).
No.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I can't decide whether to go through the annoyance of hotel hopping to get the 20,000 or just stop at 12,000.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:42 am

Programs: A.A Korean, JAL, Delta,
I called T MObile, you can not get points with a pay as you go HotSpot pass. You must have a month to month plan, or a yearly plan.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by BingoLoco
I can't decide whether to go through the annoyance of hotel hopping to get the 20,000 or just stop at 12,000.
Bingo,

You might already know this. Just in case; before you decide to hotel hop or not keep in mind that some of the hotels and hotel chains do not offer miles for single stays. Carlson/Radisson requires a minimum of 2K of accumulated points to get miles and Red Roof requires a minimum of 5,000 RediCard points for conversion.

Don't count on both Wyndham AND Triprewards. The T&C group Triprewards hotels together like HHonors and priority club. Wyndham is part of Triprewards but is listed in the T&C as a separate hotel free of any grouping. So unless someone here has heard otherwise, I have to assume that a stay at a Wyndham is the same as a stay at any other Triprewards hotel and will not give one an extra unique partner beyond TR. I hope I am wrong. If this was answered in this this thread already I missed it.

If you are going to try hotel hopping at least maximize the base points or miles. For me it helped offset the inconvenience. Triprewards is having a double points or miles promo; Priority Club has a bonus right now; and HHonors is offering quadruple SkyMiles.

In and of themselves these promos are not lucrative enough for me to mattress hop. But combined with the potential for 8K more bonus miles and the ease of having them post miles without accumulation, I bit the bullet and packed up my stuff day after day. I am glad I got it out of the way early in the promotional period. I have a newfound respect for mattress hoppers. They are more dedicated to mile/point/status accumulation than I. Hats off!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Based on the fact that I got no responses to a similar question 2 weeks ago regarding Starwood (Post #104), I would say that it is not possible in that particular program.

Being somewhat familiar with Hilton, I would also eliminate them from the discussion.
ExitRow, it may be theoretically possible for a few people to transfer Starwood points without staying at a Starwood Hotel. Some people join Starwood through special airline invitations to their elite members. When joining in that way, any points you earn are automatically transferred into airline miles, regardless of the amount of points or your Starwood status.

If you joined under this program and earned points at a Starwood restaurant in one of their hotels, your restaurant points would get reported to Starwood and I suspect would be converted into airline miles automatically by the computer system. To get points from a restaurant without a stay, you need to provide the restaurant with your *wood number. Not all restaurants on *wood properties provide points (see the thread in the Starwood forum for more information on how to earn points in *wood restaurants without a stay). I would advise checking with the restaurant first to confirm they participate.

I know American has sent out such invitations to the Starwood program before but I don't know if Delta has. If someone here has joined Starwood through such an invitation from Delta, it might be worth their while to post a question about this in the Starwood Forum. I'm sure William Sanders, the Starwood Lurker on Flyertalk, could tell us to see whether this would work or not.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Two activities posted to husbands skymiles accounts this morning from Alamo. They were from rentals from last july and december. They list the july and december 07 dates and then todays date as the post date. Will they count for this promotion?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Socaflyer
ExitRow, it may be theoretically possible for a few people to transfer Starwood points without staying at a Starwood Hotel. Some people join Starwood through special airline invitations to their elite members. When joining in that way, any points you earn are automatically transferred into airline miles, regardless of the amount of points or your Starwood status.

If you joined under this program and earned points at a Starwood restaurant in one of their hotels, your restaurant points would get reported to Starwood and I suspect would be converted into airline miles automatically by the computer system. To get points from a restaurant without a stay, you need to provide the restaurant with your *wood number. Not all restaurants on *wood properties provide points (see the thread in the Starwood forum for more information on how to earn points in *wood restaurants without a stay). I would advise checking with the restaurant first to confirm they participate.

I know American has sent out such invitations to the Starwood program before but I don't know if Delta has. If someone here has joined Starwood through such an invitation from Delta, it might be worth their while to post a question about this in the Starwood Forum. I'm sure William Sanders, the Starwood Lurker on Flyertalk, could tell us to see whether this would work or not.
Thanks for the response, but I'm familiar with the airline-miles direct deposit program at Starwood, and I've never heard anyone mention that you can "turn this feature on" and get miles for eligible restaurant activity with no associated hotel stay.

No one has come forward to say otherwise, so I'm going to assume that it cannot be done. However, I will look around the Starwood forum and see if I can identify any discussions that I previously missed.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Two activities posted to husbands skymiles accounts this morning from Alamo. They were from rentals from last july and december. They list the july and december 07 dates and then todays date as the post date. Will they count for this promotion?
I doubt it-- they seem to go by the activity date rather than the post date.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by alanh
I doubt it-- they seem to go by the activity date rather than the post date.
After posting my question above, I dug back thru this thread. in post #99, someone posted that the post date is the date that Delta will look at. I guess I will just have to see. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:59 pm
Original Member

I know that i was targeted for this promo but how do we know if our relatives were targeted? I've checked their mail and can't find a mail from Delta. Has anyone signed up from last time from a link and gotten the miles from the last promo? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by sggolf
I know that i was targeted for this promo but how do we know if our relatives were targeted? I've checked their mail and can't find a mail from Delta. Has anyone signed up from last time from a link and gotten the miles from the last promo? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Assuming you are talking about the partner promotion, it is not targetted. Go to the Delta website and click refresh until it pops up on the front page. Anyone can sign up for it. There are also posted links throughout this thread if you trust them.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Another Promotion Can Be Satisfied While Pursuing This One!!

There is a new promotion making the e-mail rounds that DL is sending out for 1,000 bonus miles if one were to use some of the listed partners of the above promotion -- flowers, skymileshopping, skymiles dining, etc.

The end date to get this 1,000 mile bonus is 2/15/08, but only 1 bonus can be earned per member.

So, for those of you -- like me -- who have held off in doing some activities, you can now reap some additional miles while fulfilling this promotion!

See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=17411

PS -- I would be very hesitant to try to earn the miles via the dining option listed in the thead. It is not well written, and it could prove very difficult to do given the time allowed -- see my comments on the other thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.