Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25K Partner Bonus 2008 - Jan 15-Mar 15

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by HangingOver
The idea of buying 5000 Choice pts and trasferring was a great idea. First time I have seen that post. Just made the purchase. Hope I can get it all to happen in time.

When does the clock officially run out? I am hoping around 11:59 PM March 15.

Yeah, but only if you have exhausted your buy miles option as well. 5000 choice points, I believe, gets you 1000 miles. Delta currently has a 50% buy miles bonus, and no fees. So you get 1500 miles for $30. And buy miles post almost instantly.

It could be a targetted offer, but check your emails once again....maybe you have been invited but missed it. Also it could be worth calling them up (incase you were not targetted) and request that bonus and see what they do. If you get a good rep, your luck might shine

Last edited by thetechguy101; Mar 13, 2008 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Here's my list...can someone tell me if I need to make a quick purchase of DL miles to improve anything.

1. FTD
2. SHOPDL.com 1
3. SkyMiles Clothing Care by Thanks Again

4. Points.com
5. Delta American Express Credit Card
6. Starwood Points transfer

7. Avis rental earyly Feb. (still not posted)
8. Radisson stay in January (still not posted)
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I'm a little worried about Avis myself. I don't think I've ever had Avis miles post. I don't know what SHOPDL.com is, but you look good to go for 6k, ST777.

Edit:

Uh-oh!! I just read this from the Avis website:

"Points / miles may not be earned on rentals at off airport locations"

I rented from a train station, but they put in my DL number and it is listed on my contract. I hope I get them. I may need to pad my partner count.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by tkey75
I'm a little worried about Avis myself. I don't think I've ever had Avis miles post. I don't know what SHOPDL.com is, but you look good to go for 6k, ST777.

Edit:

Uh-oh!! I just read this from the Avis website:

"Points / miles may not be earned on rentals at off airport locations"

I rented from a train station, but they put in my DL number and it is listed on my contract. I hope I get them. I may need to pad my partner count.
For Avis there is a link on their website where you can go and enter your delta FF number and Avis reservation number for the miles to post. Usually post in a few days after that.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by thetechguy101
Delta currently has a 50% buy miles bonus, and no fees. So you get 1500 miles for $30. And buy miles post almost instantly.
It could be a targetted offer, but check your emails once again....maybe you have been invited but missed it.
It's a targeted offer...everyone in my family received it except me and I would have bought 50K (yielding 75k)
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Here's my list...can someone tell me if I need to make a quick purchase of DL miles to improve anything.

1. FTD
2. SHOPDL.com 1
3. SkyMiles Clothing Care by Thanks Again

4. Points.com
5. Delta American Express Credit Card
6. Starwood Points transfer

7. Avis rental earyly Feb. (still not posted)
8. Radisson stay in January (still not posted)
you'd need a lot more than 1. you earn 3K bonus with 3 partners, 6K with 6 partners, and 12K with 12 partners. There's no bonus for 9 partners (it just rounds down to 6). So buying miles would be a waste, IMO.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by tkey75
I don't know what SHOPDL.com is, but you look good to go for 6k, ST777.
Maybe ST777 means skymilesshopping.com?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, NW (picking up some free pre-merger miles), AA (left over), and a US acct with no miles.
I ordered from 1800Flowers.com just before Valentine's Day. My Valentine's Bonus (1K miles) has posted, but the actual miles for the purchase have not. The last time I ordered from them, it took about this long. Should I be worried?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:32 am

I believe the Shop DL.com miles are for the online bonus for purchasing a CRC pass, carbon offset credits, or booking a hotel or car.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:38 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by newscane
I ordered from 1800Flowers.com just before Valentine's Day. My Valentine's Bonus (1K miles) has posted, but the actual miles for the purchase have not. The last time I ordered from them, it took about this long. Should I be worried?
I would guess your Valentine's Bonus has posted because you had a different qualifying activity, like SkyMiles Dining, I would be very surprised if the bonus posted before the activity that triggered the bonus.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thenewbie
I believe the Shop DL.com miles are for the online bonus for purchasing a CRC pass, carbon offset credits, or booking a hotel or car.
Interesting, I thought that was for Skymilesshopping. I went back and looked, youre right. it was 1,000 miles so it was for a trip activity. Do these count as a unique partner activity?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Interesting, I thought that was for Skymilesshopping. I went back and looked, youre right. it was 1,000 miles so it was for a trip activity. Do these count as a unique partner activity?
Hmm. The list is long and the type is small, but I can't find anything in there that indicates SHOPDL will count. I think buying a CRC pass or carbon offset credits is akin to purchasing a flight, meaning it doesn't count. Booking a hotel or car would trigger that partner activity.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 3:05 pm

no
Old Mar 13, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Is anyone else having problems buying 1000 miles today? I'm getting 2000 as the minimum. I'm doing this as an extra activity in case Budget Fastbreak doesn't count, but I'm not sure it's worth $59.13.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by Beckles
I would guess your Valentine's Bonus has posted because you had a different qualifying activity, like SkyMiles Dining, I would be very surprised if the bonus posted before the activity that triggered the bonus.
Yup, all 3 family members had their SkyMilesShopping and the associated Valentine Bonus Miles post on the same posting date--as if the posting of the qualifying miles immediately triggered the posting of the bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.