Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Business Class on 757??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL
Type A - If it is 6 rows of F, it has regular aisle tv's
Type B - If it has 6.5 rows of F (on left side), it has seatback TV's
Type C - If it has 4 rows of F, it has armrest PTV's (int'l type)

I've been on the Type A 757 in F, and it was great. It had about 2.5 times the legroom in coach. Nice big comfy leather seat.

Check the seat map and you'll find out what type it is. Have a great flight!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:57 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
And what reason did he give?
I think it was for the reasons stated above...a little narrower, not as much recline, and not as comforatable. As long as they recline enough to get my legs elevated more than a 757 FC config it will do for short 6-7 hour flight.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone

I've been on the Type A 757 in F, and it was great. It had about 2.5 times the legroom in coach. Nice big comfy leather seat.

Check the seat map and you'll find out what type it is. Have a great flight!
Type A is the worst of them all though. No PTVs. The seats are the same in Type A and B, so the PTVs make all the difference, especially on 3+ hour flights.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
757 First / Business Q

Just got an upgrade notice on ATL > LAS but its a 757. Travel companion is on a FF ticket but linked to my reservation. Two questions:

Are seats 1A/B the best options in F or does it really matter on this aircraft?

What the chances the gate agent will bump my travel companion up (right now F is very open) - wkd travel.

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by 3dTravel
Just got an upgrade notice on ATL > LAS but its a 757. Travel companion is on a FF ticket but linked to my reservation. Two questions:

Are seats 1A/B the best options in F or does it really matter on this aircraft?

What the chances the gate agent will bump my travel companion up (right now F is very open) - wkd travel.

Thanks!
They are not allowed to do that on award reservations (currently). With that said, strange things have been known to happen (especially with this new award upgrade policy coming).
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question

I'm flying from JFK to SFO this weekend aboard DL 129; I've read the various threads about the misnomers with "Business Class" on the 757. Though there are certainly at least 4 rows of FC seats, there is an additional half of a row (at least displayed as occupied but unlabeled on the left side). The unlabeled half of a row is what throws me off. In any case, if we go by just row numbers, it seems, then, there are only 4 rows of FC.

Though I'm not keen on "..."uming , should I be excited about sitting in a BE seat (though with standard domestic FC service) this weekend? Thanks a lot, FT!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying from JFK to SFO this weekend aboard DL 129; I've read the various threads about the misnomers with "Business Class" on the 757. Though there are certainly at least 4 rows of FC seats, there is an additional half of a row (at least displayed as occupied but unlabeled on the left side). The unlabeled half of a row is what throws me off. In any case, if we go by just row numbers, it seems, then, there are only 4 rows of FC.

Though I'm not keen on "..."uming , should I be excited about sitting in a BE seat (though with standard domestic FC service) this weekend? Thanks a lot, FT!
It looks it might be the International 757 with BE. Looking at DL 128 LAS-JFK, which I've flown and know it was BE, shows the same "phantom row".
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
It looks it might be the International 757 with BE. Looking at DL 128 LAS-JFK, which I've flown and know it was BE, shows the same "phantom row".
So...the phantom 1/2 of a row suggests BE seats? Anyone know (or have experience with this)? I'm excited! Wooo!!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It's been about a year since DL reconfigured some of its 757s for international service and we've been getting them on domestic routes regularly as they maximize their aircraft utilisation.

I have one next week RT JFK-SLC-JFK and we have been getting them for 6 or 8 years from CO, who has by now reconfigured its entire fleet of 200s.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: LH FTL,AB Gold,BAHNCARD 100
Im flying FLL-ATL-LAS in June on the 757. Both flights right now look like they have the 24 Seat Configuration in FC. I am currently in Seat 2B on both legs. Being 6 Foot and 6 inches tall, i wonder if legroom is sufficient if people recline into me? Should i rather switch to Row 1 while its still possible?

Thank you very much in advance,

cheers,

Frank.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:24 am

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by alanw
I'm on DL101 LAX-ATL in a couple of hours. It shows as being on a 767, in D business class, then connecting on to a different flight ATL-BCN also in D business class. Does this mean my domestic flight will be in an international-configured 767, or is it just an anomaly of they way the flight is booked? Interesting that I cannot get the flight to show up on ExpertFlyer at all.
I fly this one alot and 90%of the time it is a domestic 767 but on occasion it is the international configuration
Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DUS380
Im flying FLL-ATL-LAS in June on the 757. Both flights right now look like they have the 24 Seat Configuration in FC. I am currently in Seat 2B on both legs. Being 6 Foot and 6 inches tall, i wonder if legroom is sufficient if people recline into me? Should i rather switch to Row 1 while its still possible?

Thank you very much in advance,

cheers,

Frank.
On those old config 757s, the only bulkhead seat that is acceptable for six footers is 1B because the closet does not extend all the way across and you will have a lot of room to put your right foot. and a cross over it with the left makes it very comfortable. But IMO, you are better off with what you have since you are 6-6 and for you, the rest of the bulkhead will feel extremely confining.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum, Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
So...the phantom 1/2 of a row suggests BE seats? Anyone know (or have experience with this)? I'm excited! Wooo!!
Bulkhead on the DL757 is bad. Leg room is very limited. You can put your feet on the wall which helps a little but it's still a bit cramped. The 737 seems to have a bit more bulkhead space.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I am flying business on an MD88 from PHL-ATL. Goes on to Nassau.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
Any idea what percentage of the 757 fleet is in each configuration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.