Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Business Class on 757??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:44 am

"Business" is regular first class (as opposed to "BusinessElite" which is DL's int'l business product).

Check out the seatmap for your plane. If your plane has a row 7 in F, it's equipped with seatback TVs. If it has 6 rows in F, no seatback TVs. If it has 4 rows in F, they actually did put an int'l BE configured plane on the route.

A random search for Feb 19 shows a 7 row domestic F w/TVs 757 on that route.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:49 am

The plane has 7 rows. Row 1 has only 2 seats and rows 2-7 have 4 seats. Is this a good plane to be on? Does anyone know what a childrens meal consists of on this plane?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:50 am

Flying april 9 jfk-las on the 8:05 am flight
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Domestic "Business" Class

is the same as domestic F class.

This is what you can expect on this type of flight:

1. Boarding is through the middle door, so the F cabin won't have "thru traffic". It is therefore much calmer, and you'll have a pre-flight beverage service (and, sometimes, even a refill). Seats are 2x2 in rows 2-7 (seats 1 A-B are the first row); on the 26 seat 757s, the pitch is a bit less than on the 22 or 24 seat 757s without AVOD. All seats are leather; I've been finding the seat cushions inconsistent in comfort; nonetheless, there is no question that F/J is much more comfy than Y.

2. The AVOD service is activated right after takeoff. I think that, at present, there are 18 live TV channels you can watch, 11 movies, a decent number of recent TV series episodes, 50+ pre-loaded music CDs, 7 or 8 channels of "Delta Radio", and a number of games, including a trivia game you can play against others on the flight. In addition, there is a flight tracker service with a live map showing your position. I think this is an excellent in-flight service, and in domestic F/J it is complimentary. Additionally, there are power outlets that accept standard US prongs.

3. Two lavatories, one to the left of the cockpit door, the other right behind seats 7 C-d.

4. A post-take off drink service, followed by a food service. On the morning flight, this has consisted of either: a continental breakfast of a bowl of cereal, a scone, a fruit dish, and a container of yogurt; or a hot plate, which lately has been an omelet/frittata dish featuring eggs, black beans and some other filling (I'm not sure whether breakfast meat was offered).

5. If your FA crew is good, you'll be offered refills on your drinks, probably every 30-45 minutes (although generally they will not bother you if you doze off). They will come by every 60-90 minutes with the snack basket containing sun chips, peanuts and biscoff cookies.

6. As I am generally on F on an upgrade basis, my views are shaded by a "beggars can't be choosers" attitude. However, I relish my time in F/J on DL, particularly the "ex-Song 757s", and I think you will too.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:13 am

Wow that was alot of info and I appreciate it. I am flying with an infant and a 4 year old so I was interested in all the particulars. We should enjoy our flight.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by LVKJ
Wow that was alot of info and I appreciate it. I am flying with an infant and a 4 year old so I was interested in all the particulars. We should enjoy our flight.
+1. Great post ND76^ Do you work for Seatguru
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
737H

I am taking flight 149 on April fourth to LAS . How are the 737-800's first/business class ?

Thanx
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I am taking flight 149 on April fourth to LAS . How are the 737-800's first/business class ?

Thanx
Similar, except that boarding is through the front of the plane (since there's no door in the middle). You therefore have the through traffic. You'll still get the pre-departure beverage though.

Meal is the same.

Your title is 737H, which if true, I'm pretty sure means you have AVOD, same as 757.

-----

As to the OP, if you are luckly enough to have a BE equipped plane subbed in for your 757 the one drawback is that you will not have live tv available. Since the plane is for trans-Atlantic service, they don't have satellite TV in them. There are pre-recorded TV shows instead.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ND76
is the same as domestic F class.

This is what you can expect on this type of flight:

1. Boarding is through the middle door, so the F cabin won't have "thru traffic".
Small point but that is not always the case at JFK; there are some gates at JFK Terminal 3 which only line up with the first boarding door of the 757 so you do unfortunately get traffic...but I have found that 90% of Delta's FAs have perfected the art of maneuvering through the boarding crowds to get F pax their pre-boarding drinks....
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:31 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
If this is an International 757 then the seat are fantastic, BusinessElite Seats. AVOD is in the armrest.
Any more information about International 757 BE seats? I am going JFK to DUB in May. I spoke to a DL pilot who told me not to take a 757 over the pond. Maybe the seats have been upgraded since his last TA flight. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Humaniod
Any more information about International 757 BE seats? I am going JFK to DUB in May. I spoke to a DL pilot who told me not to take a 757 over the pond. Maybe the seats have been upgraded since his last TA flight. Thanks.
I don't know why the pilot would tell you to not take a 757. Not every European city can support a widebody. That being said, the BE seats are quite nice. The Recaro "cradle" seats are comfortable and include a nice massage feature. The seats were introduced early last year.

Picture of the seats.
http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6169707

A trip report from A.net featuring more pictures of the seats.
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...main/138783/1/
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
While I like the 757 BE product, it is not as good as 767 BE, and nowhere near as good as 777 BE. The only time I actually prefer this aircraft is a domestic transcon, but internationally, give me a 767 anyday. The seats do not recline quite as far, but overall I just don't find them as comfortable as BE on the widebodies. To me, they feel less "plush" (take that for what you will). No, these BE seats ARE the updated seats, DL has had this product implemented on their international 757's for sometime now.

Just so you don't go picking the seat for the massage , its not great, and half the time I find it does not work anyway. Take a wife (or significant other...) with you if you need a massage.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
And what reason did he give?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Small point but that is not always the case at JFK; there are some gates at JFK Terminal 3 which only line up with the first boarding door of the 757 so you do unfortunately get traffic...but I have found that 90% of Delta's FAs have perfected the art of maneuvering through the boarding crowds to get F pax their pre-boarding drinks....
Oh admit it guys, you love the coach class foot traffic while sitting up front... When I was in college and travelling almost exclusively in F class (see my earlier post on getting bumped) I once made eyes with a beautiful young co-ed heading towards the back as we boarded...Immediately after the pilot turned off the seatbelt sign, she headed towards the foward lavatories. When she came back from using our bathroom, I handed her a cocktail and thus began a long conversation (among other things) than continued at the TGIF at DFW.

Best layover ever!!!^
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by LVKJ
The plane has 7 rows. Row 1 has only 2 seats and rows 2-7 have 4 seats. Is this a good plane to be on? Does anyone know what a childrens meal consists of on this plane?
The easy rule to follow is:

26 Seats in First: Every seat has a Personal TV. (You're plane.)
24 Seats in First: No personal TVs, TVs are just in the ceiling of the plane, in the aisle.
16 seats in First: The first class section has special "business elite" seats and not sure about the coach cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.