Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Business Class on 757??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:30 am

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
A search would have quickly revealed your answer, as this has been discussed numerous times.

The flight either originates at or continues to a intl. destination, and it is just a standard first class cabin, sold as business.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by s25843
A search would have quickly revealed your answer, as this has been discussed numerous times.

The flight either originates at or continues to a intl. destination, and it is just a standard first class cabin, sold as business.
Searched for BE on 757 and returned nothing
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by eireman
Searched for BE on 757 and returned nothing
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...estic+business
Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:53 am

Schedule Change showing 757 Business Class

On an F award flites in June to Florida. We just got a schedule change for a 757 showing it changed from First to Business Class. Is DL reconfiguring 757's ala NW for BE?
The seat map shows 6 rows with 6 AB missing.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:58 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by frankc98376
On an F award flites in June to Florida. We just got a schedule change for a 757 showing it changed from First to Business Class. Is DL reconfiguring 757's ala NW for BE?
The seat map shows 6 rows with 6 AB missing.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661771

If you look at posts #2 and 4 in the thread I linked just above, I think it is likely tied into the same issue you are asking about. In a word, the answer is no.

Last edited by atl runner; Feb 19, 2007 at 10:41 am
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:17 am

6AB missing is a standard map right now. They don't seem to load a full row 6 (or half of row 7) until they are sure of the equipment a few days out.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:02 pm

757 business class ATL-LAS ?

Due to the schedule changes last week-end I have now been rebooked on DL 21 ATL-LAS in "business class" on a 757 in mid-May (from 767 in First as originally booked). Does anybody know what kind of business class this is (e.g. business elite configuration) ? Or is this simply a different label for standard domestic First ?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
It is just a different label for standard domestic first.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:17 pm

Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:18 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by noturbulence
Or is this simply a different label for standard domestic First ?
Welcome to FlyerTalk noturbulence!

It is standard domestic first. Flight 21 comes from Paris but the flight number continues to LAS so the front cabin is sold as business. This thread expains some more.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:54 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
757 Business Class?

I just got upgraded on an ATL>TPA flight to Business Class in a 757.

I was unaware that 757 had business, I only thought it was in First class. Are these the same seats as BE? Also I couldn't find the same configuration on Seatguru. The left side only has 5 rows and the right side only has 6 rows in business.

Flyfarfar
Old Dec 5, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
I just got upgraded on an ATL>TPA flight to Business Class in a 757.

I was unaware that 757 had business, I only thought it was in First class. Are these the same seats as BE? Also I couldn't find the same configuration on Seatguru. The left side only has 5 rows and the right side only has 6 rows in business.

Flyfarfar
I didn't check your specific flight, but it is almost surely your plain-vanilla 757 F. DL just lists it as a J cabin when the flight number (although often not the airframe) continues from an Int'l flight. If it is indeed a 757 doing Int'l duty (like those used for LatAm service), it may have footrests as well.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
You must be on DL15. It goes from FRA-ATL on a 767 and then from ATL-TPA as a 757. It's highly unlikely that you'll have business class seats, and you definitely will not have business class service. It will just be a normal 757 in one of the 3 configurations, probably not the plane with the PTVs.

I recently flew DL64 from TPA-ATL, the flight number (but not the plane, they announced a gate change), then flew on to MAN. I didn't get an upgrade as I SDC'd onto the flight and sat all the way in the back in coach, ugh - fortunately it's been a while since I've done that on Delta. But I'm pretty sure the upgrades there were to "business" class as well.

I'm not sure why they do this with flight numbers, but it seems pretty silly to me. I've recently been frustrated with domestic "direct, one-stop" flights between Tampa and the DC airports. I got less miles and MQMs, and seat selection and upgrades are negatively affected as well.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:17 am

Delta 757 Business Class

Do the 757's have tv's in the back of the seats? I'm flying JFK-LAS in Business. How are the planes? How is the business class?
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by LVKJ
Do the 757's have tv's in the back of the seats? I'm flying JFK-LAS in Business. How are the planes? How is the business class?
If this is an International 757 then the seat are fantastic, BusinessElite Seats. AVOD is in the armrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.