Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Business Class on 757??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
There are a few 757s with enhanced seats in the forward cabin but they're not BE seats. On these 757s, there are only 22 seats (as opposed to the 24 on domestic ones) in the F/C cabin, thus affording more seat pitch, as well as installation of footrests (from the seat itself, not the seat in front). These are used for BOG, SJO, and the forthcoming UIO/GYE flights, though they do occasionally make some domestic appearances as well. I believe these are the 757s acquired from ATA some time ago and are the only ETOPS-possible 757s in DL's fleet.
I stand corrected. As the Vinnman pointed out, I was getting the DL 757s with a few less seats and the CO BF 75s7 mixed up.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:38 am

Delta 757 - Business class but no First?

I was checking seats for Delta 36 on 9/15 on Ben Edleman's site, and the first class window came up blank. After checking Delta.com, it appears that this particular 757 has Business Class but no First Class. Never noticed this before. Is this an odd 757, or does Delta change these up? Any other differences between this 757 and the "standard" Coach/First configured 757?

Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
I was checking seats for Delta 36 on 9/15 on Ben Edleman's site, and the first class window came up blank. After checking Delta.com, it appears that this particular 757 has Business Class but no First Class. Never noticed this before. Is this an odd 757, or does Delta change these up? Any other differences between this 757 and the "standard" Coach/First configured 757?

Thanks.

IIRC, DL equipped a few 757s with a qusai business class for South American Ops. The seats are somewhat like what AA uses on the 763 in that they are controlled manually and look somewhat similar. However, they do not have the pitch that AA offers on their 763s.

IMHO they are a pretty comfortable way to travel aboard a DL 757.
Dan

Last edited by dan1431; Jul 10, 2006 at 7:44 am
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:14 am

If you're on a domestic segment of a flight that continues on to Mexico or another nearby int'l destination, the F cabin is called business because that's how it's coded due to the int'l leg of the flight. So, if this is the case, it's just regular F, no special seats or service. However, I've only seen this on planes smaller than the 757, so the post above may be correct for your case.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
International Quirk

This is an odd quirk that goes beyond the 757.

I'm on DL 36 tomorrow from ORD to CVG 738 service that is sold as Business class.

The 'real' DL 36 continues on from CVG to LGW. On Delta.com it shows as a 762...which is a whole other can of worms since it actually operates as a 763!

Joel
Old Jul 10, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Originally Posted by JoelA

I'm on DL 36 tomorrow from ORD to CVG 738 service that is sold as Business class.
Correct because the flight number continues to LGW therefore the whole flight is sold as such regardless of the aircraft used.

On Delta.com it shows as a 762...which is a whole other can of worms since it actually operates as a 763!

Joel
This is the way it is supposed to be since 762 denotes a particular version of the 763ER.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.

The 'real' DL 36 continues on from CVG to LGW. On Delta.com it shows as a 762...which is a whole other can of worms since it actually operates as a 763!

Joel
I think the term for the above is change of guage?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
We need a class action deal to stop this direct flight same flight number madness. THIS IS DELIBERATELY MISLEADING THE CUSTOMER. And it's not just Delta either.

When you are SCHEDULED to get off a plane, it is NOT a direct flight no matter what bull.... the airlines feed you about the flight numbers. Also don't forget, you don't get the two mileages for them either. I barely stomach the unschedule change of planes and the appearances of a nonstop flight when it really isn't but this scheduled stuff is silly.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
We need a class action deal to stop this direct flight same flight number madness. THIS IS DELIBERATELY MISLEADING THE CUSTOMER. And it's not just Delta either.

When you are SCHEDULED to get off a plane, it is NOT a direct flight no matter what bull.... the airlines feed you about the flight numbers. Also don't forget, you don't get the two mileages for them either. I barely stomach the unschedule change of planes and the appearances of a nonstop flight when it really isn't but this scheduled stuff is silly.
I really don't understand why DL, et al persist in this silly game. If it is two separate flights, call it two separate flights. It's not like the pax won't eventually find out.

Using different equipment for each leg is two spearate flights. Period.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta DM
Yes, they do have that. I was on SLC-JFK Sunday and it was a BC. I wasn't expecting anything special, but it was just normal FC seating, continuing on to Irland somewhere.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold VY apologist
I'm on DL101 LAX-ATL in a couple of hours. It shows as being on a 767, in D business class, then connecting on to a different flight ATL-BCN also in D business class. Does this mean my domestic flight will be in an international-configured 767, or is it just an anomaly of they way the flight is booked? Interesting that I cannot get the flight to show up on ExpertFlyer at all.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by alanw
I'm on DL101 LAX-ATL in a couple of hours. It shows as being on a 767, in D business class, then connecting on to a different flight ATL-BCN also in D business class. Does this mean my domestic flight will be in an international-configured 767, or is it just an anomaly of they way the flight is booked? Interesting that I cannot get the flight to show up on ExpertFlyer at all.
The aircraft assigned to DL101 (LAX-ATL segment) appears to be a domestic 763 (24 FC seats).

A.J.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan

I believe I read that they do this as a cost savings. As I understand, Delta lists their flights in the GDS and pays a per-flight listing fee. Now, if they can list DL123 and have it cover ATL-SLC, ATL-LAX via SLC and SLC-LAX, then that saves them two listing fees. It makes sense for them, but I find it very annoying from the pax point of view.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold VY apologist
It was indeed, with about 38" pitch. Just fine for a domestic flight. The something with scalloped potatoes, that smelled like pee, was not however.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:21 am

BE on 757????

I am flying to Europe via CVG and my flight ex LAX is coming up in Business , but return segment is coming up in FC

Is this a BE cabin instead of standard domestic FC??

Where does DL fly these BE 757's

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.