Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by jkatzen
Not sure why showers would be all that helpful in HNL.

It's not positioned as a Delta hub or transfer city, so presumably anyone can take a shower at home or at their hotel immediately before/after.
I feel like I need a shower after going down that elevator.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:02 pm

How's the cheap Target chic-look going to mesh in with Hawai'i?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Thumbs up Finally - been waiting for this since 2010!

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm at the HNL Sky Club right now. The attendant is telling every entering passenger that a new SkyClub will open this Thursday in the old Presidents club space at gate 13.

She indicated that is will be a minimal renovation which I think is great---the build out of the old PC was one of the nicest in the system with beautiful wood furniture and a comfortable islands-theme layout.
Wow - this has certainly been a long time coming! Way back in November of 2010, the HNL SC staff were telling me that this exact thing could happen as early as January of 2011!

Originally Posted by DanTravels
...with the CO/UA merger, the CO and UA clubs will also merge, in the UA club location (Diamond Head concourse). That will free up the CO space to be remodeled for DL this winter, and once the construction is done, the SC will move in where the CO PC is now.

DL ops will also move in behind there, and the former NW WC will be part of their office space. DL check-in will eventually move down to right behind that stuff landside.
I'll be through HNL a couple times in the next month, and I think they're due for some teasing about which January...

But definitely good news - IMHO the PC was the best of the old SkyTeam clubs, and the location was great. And it's still close enough to the gardens if I feel like going to them.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:35 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
At the old (current) Honolulu club early in September, I had just checked in when a couple came in.

The gent (an Amex card dude) clearly had not been apprised of the recent downgrades, and raised pluperfect heck about being asked to pay a companion charge, before dragging wifey out of the lounge.

The agent looked (just a little) shell-shocked, so I offered the observation:

"Gee, I would sure never tell everybody in shouting distance that my wife was not worth $29.00."

She smiled and said "You know, I'd never tell my husband that, either."

If you think about it (he clearly didn't), what else was he saying? Not a damn thing.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
location, location, location

I was there last month after a stay in HNL enroute to NRT. It was hard to find. The signage failed me but an airport employee pointed me kindly in the right direction. The gardens along the way are indeed inviting. The club seemed small but it served its purpose for me.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Here right now. Will upload pics. I'm hoping this isn't the final state but it's very... "Retro Chic" they must have gotten a good deal on some less new furniture.

Very basic setup. Lots and lots of seating space, though.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Here right now. Will upload pics. I'm hoping this isn't the final state but it's very... "Retro Chic" they must have gotten a good deal on some less new furniture.

How is the 'smell'?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Images of new HNL Sky Club

Christmas Eve 2014 in HNL Sky Club, right across from Gate 13:

Check-in counter:

From the far end towards the entrance, food bar and small "open bar" with attendant on the left:

Last edited by calrick; Dec 27, 2014 at 8:24 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
At least it's brighter than the downstairs club!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
At least it's brighter than the downstairs club!
Agreed!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
In comparison to how it was when it was Continental's President's club, it doesn't seem much has changed. Both, Set up for Entrance check-in counter seems nearly same, room dcor with wood siding seems about the same. Lighting seems a bit brigher.

Jiburi
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
It does look nicer actually. Not modern, but roomier.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by calrick
Christmas Eve 2014 in HNL Sky Club, right across from Gate 13:

Check-in counter:

From the far end towards the entrance, food bar and small "open bar" with attendant on the left:
Thanks for the pictures.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Vuelos

I was there on opening day (12/18), but forgot to take pics. As the pics show, fairly standard set-up, but a brighter and roomier feeling. As for the furniture, it's a bit beat up...if I recall, I think it might be the same furniture just brought up from the old club.

There is a sign in the ceiling in the middle of the concourse pointing to the club. You have to buzz for them to open the door. (I found this odd.) It is across from the arrival door for gate 13 (note that the gate 13 departure area is a bit down). I was waiting for family on the ATL flight, and when it arrived at gate 13 you could clearly hear the jet engines in the club. Some may differ as to whether that's a good or bad thing.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I was waiting for family on the ATL flight, and when it arrived at gate 13 you could clearly hear the jet engines in the club. Some may differ as to whether that's a good or bad thing.
How could the sound of jet engines (on the ground) ever be a bad thing?! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.