FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:00 pm
DanTravels
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Thumbs up Finally - been waiting for this since 2010!

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I'm at the HNL Sky Club right now. The attendant is telling every entering passenger that a new SkyClub will open this Thursday in the old Presidents club space at gate 13.

She indicated that is will be a minimal renovation which I think is great---the build out of the old PC was one of the nicest in the system with beautiful wood furniture and a comfortable islands-theme layout.
Wow - this has certainly been a long time coming! Way back in November of 2010, the HNL SC staff were telling me that this exact thing could happen as early as January of 2011!

Originally Posted by DanTravels
...with the CO/UA merger, the CO and UA clubs will also merge, in the UA club location (Diamond Head concourse). That will free up the CO space to be remodeled for DL this winter, and once the construction is done, the SC will move in where the CO PC is now.

DL ops will also move in behind there, and the former NW WC will be part of their office space. DL check-in will eventually move down to right behind that stuff landside.
I'll be through HNL a couple times in the next month, and I think they're due for some teasing about which January...

But definitely good news - IMHO the PC was the best of the old SkyTeam clubs, and the location was great. And it's still close enough to the gardens if I feel like going to them.