Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Suntrust to offer Debit card. Mile for every $1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suntrust to offer Debit card. Mile for every $1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
it's coming trust me. give it 1 week.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Is the platinum card a credit card? If it is, I'd might be interested...I haven't heard of a platinum debit card.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
My Bank of America is a platinum debit card. It's common now.

Last edited by nwa330; Jun 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:32 pm

It's a bit ATL/Southern Centric. Not even ATMs in classic NW markets, nor international centers such as LAX and JFK. Kind'a small fry for a global network route network like DL.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, US, FlyingBlue
What market does Suntrust serve? Is it more than one state?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by motytrah
It's a bit ATL/Southern Centric. Not even ATMs in classic NW markets, nor international centers such as LAX and JFK. Kind'a small fry for a global network route network like DL.
Very Southeast-centric. If it was BoA I'd consider it (I currently have the US Airways BoA debit card dating back to the days when I was a US elite) but SunTrust's market doesn't really fit what I need. Now if they were to merge with another bank...I'd consider it.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:39 pm

that's what I thought. I have a feeling a bank merger could be next.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by Quip
What market does Suntrust serve? Is it more than one state?
Southeast....AL, GA, FL, TN, SC, NC, VA, and maybe a few others. Heard from a friend who works at that bank, today, about these cards that are coming later this month, but she wouldn't give too many details, as she saw the announcement on the corp website but didn't see any public PR's about it yet. There's supposed to be bonus miles associated with signing up for the cards, up to 5,000 i think.

Sounds like DL will be partnering with several regional banks in their debit card offerings, that is if they are going national with that plan. If not, and they end up with another hometown exclusive partnership, all you heart-lander's, yank's, and left-coaster's will just have to start banking in God's country if you want one of these....
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:48 pm

They serve:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, DC.

I don't understand why they wouldn't choose a bank like Wells Fargo which has branches in almost every state. According to the Wikipedia SunTrust doesn't even manage their card portfolio, they have a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska manage it. FNN also does cards for some of the foreign Airlines such as JAL.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by nwa330
that's what I thought. I have a feeling a bank merger could be next.
moderator might need to step in before this sort of thread turns into a financial stock discussion. most of the folks in the banking and investing world have speculated about this and countless other banks for years...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:52 pm

I don't understand why they wouldn't choose a bank like Wells Fargo which has branches in almost every state. According to the Wikipedia SunTrust doesn't even manage their card portfolio, they have a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska manage it. FNN also does cards for some of the foreign Airlines such as JAL.
case in point......
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by td777
Sounds like DL will be partnering with several regional banks in their debit card offerings, that is if they are going national with that plan. If not, and they end up with another hometown exclusive partnership, all you heart-lander's, yank's, and left-coaster's will just have to start banking in God's country if you want one of these....
Interesting and hopefully true. Offering a card like this is great for customers in the Southeast, but for everyone else, you're not really in luck. Even if they were to go with a group like Fifth Third in the Great Lakes and TCF here in the Midwest, that'd be great (and would cause me to think about opening an account with TCF).

Of course, I wouldn't be shocked at a bank merger - simply because I can't keep track of how many bank mergers have happened over the past year.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, US Gold, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by nwa330
it's coming trust me. give it 1 week.
It's been a 'rumor' (not well kept) around Suntrust corporate for the past few weeks, but it was offically posted on the company wide intranet today.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:56 pm

They serve:

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, DC.

It's a Atlanta bank and Atlanta airline. Us bank was a Minneapolis bank and a Minneapolis Airline.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
Of course, I wouldn't be shocked at a bank merger - simply because I can't keep track of how many bank mergers have happened over the past year.
Hi everyone, welcome to BT.com (bankertalk.com); i'll be your moderator for the duration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.