Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Congratulations! Bravo! Well done! I can't wait to attend!
Old May 31, 2009, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
For Saturday evening dinner, I'd suggest we start a thread in the CommunityBuzz! forum, since there a number of local FT'ers who won't be attending the ATL DO itself.
There's also the matter of a possible Braves game outing. The Saturday home game starts at 4 p.m. (probably running until 7 - 7:30).

Can these be reconciled? Dinner would have to start at 8:30 - 9.

Or should we split into two groups, Sports Fans vs. Non-Sports Fans?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by atldlff
----------------------------------------
Tentative Agenda

Thursday, June 25th
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Arrivals – Registration Desk at the Hilton will be open
11:45 a.m. Meet at the Hilton to depart for the Delta Heritage Museum visit
12:00 – 2:45 p.m. Delta Heritage Museum visit
2:45 p.m. Depart for Q&A Session
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Q&A Session with Delta Execs
5: 00 p.m. Depart for Hilton
6:00 p.m. Cocktails and Hors d’Oeuvres @ the Hilton w/Delta Execs
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Dinner @ the Hilton

Friday, June 26th
10:15 a.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Delta Operations Control Center
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Tour of Delta Operations Control Center
11:15 a.m. Depart for Hilton
11:30 - 1:15 p.m. Lunch on your own at the Hilton
1:15 p.m. Depart from Hilton for Delta Tech Ops
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tour of Delta Operations Control Center
3:15 p.m. Depart for Hilton
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. To be determined – stay tuned
6:15 p.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Dinner
7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Dinner @ PRIME

Saturday, June 27th
7:45 a.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Road Warrior Training
8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. Road Warrior Training (Lunch will be provided)
1:30 p.m. Depart for Hilton
7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Dinner on your own

Sunday, June 28th
Sunday a.m. Those traveling to the event – depart
Just to be clear (since the original post updates apparently are missing, it's confusing to read) - is this now only going to be held on these dates?

I don't think I can make it on these dates. (and perhaps registration is already closed anyway?)
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
There's also the matter of a possible Braves game outing. The Saturday home game starts at 4 p.m. (probably running until 7 - 7:30).
Something I can wholeheartedly agree on with MikeMpls ... I am IN for this game with Boston!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
This is only one event...

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Just to be clear (since the original post updates apparently are missing, it's confusing to read) - is this now only going to be held on these dates?

I don't think I can make it on these dates. (and perhaps registration is already closed anyway?)
Hmmm... not sure why you can see the original posts, I just checked and they are still there. Originally I was polling everyone to find out which of the 2 dates would work best for everyone, so to answer your questions, yes there is only one event starting on June 25, 2009. I am sorry if you can't make those dates.

We are now at capacity for this event, however, if you are still interested in attending, please let me know and I can add you to the waitlist.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER

Can these be reconciled? Dinner would have to start at 8:30 - 9.

Or should we split into two groups, Sports Fans vs. Non-Sports Fans?
A Braves game and dinner afterwards is a great idea! I am in.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:51 am

In addition to all the fine work Steven has done on this event, I've learned that getting the sponsors for dinners could be saving each of us upwards of a hundred bux. And have also learned that he has had some out of pocket expenses, minor but nonetheless.... Plus, depending on how many people actually sign up for the bus transport, there may be an undercollection.

Bottom line is I've sent a few extra dollars in with my check to help cover some of these expenses which benefit all of us. Steven is ok with this and has said that he would gladly accept any "donation" either in the payment or something could be given to Flyin'Mom (Mary Kay) at check-in. If anything extra is collected it will be donated to the nonprofit Delta Museum.

Sounds fair to me.....

Added: This is, of course, voluntary and is only between yourself and the organizer.

Last edited by Pharaoh; Jun 1, 2009 at 11:38 am
Old Jun 1, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
A Braves game and dinner afterwards is a great idea! I am in.
Which or both? I'm not a Sports Fan but am willing to starve until about 9 to accommodate the Sports Fans, and WifeMpls probably will tag along w/ the Sports Fans if she can do both.

We need some local expertise familiar w/ how long the games run to help pick a restaurant that everyone can reach at the designated time. I'm willing to do the grunt work in an FT baseball dinner-DO thread, but ATL is one of those airports I've only left 3 times (event @ downtown Hyatt, overnight bump, Greasy Spoon DO). I did learn at the Greasy Spoon DO that I know how get lost in Atlanta.

Since we'll be riding shuttles for 2.5 days and many/most of us won't have rental cars, some place accessible via MARTA or close to the hotel would be a good choice.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 1, 2009 at 2:36 pm
Old Jun 1, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL
Which or both? I'm not a Sports Fan but am willing to starve until about 9 to accommodate the Sports Fans, and WifeMpls probably will tag along w/ the Sports Fans if she can do both.

We need some local expertise familiar w/ how long the games run to help pick a restaurant that everyone can reach at the designated time. I'm willing to do the grunt work in an FT baseball dinner-DO thread, but ATL is one of those airports I've only left 3 times (event @ downtown Hyatt, overnight bump, Greasy Spoon DO). I did learn at the Greasy Spoon DO that I know how get lost in Atlanta.
Suggestion: Those who would go to the game have food AT the game, and those who aren't, have dinner on their own.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I'd be up for the Braves game (have yet to cross Turner Field off my list of MLB Stadiums, so I was planning on going to a game while down there) and then grabbing dinner afterwards.

I don't know too much about Atlanta (four trips for me - Greasy Spoon DO, covering a game at Georgia Tech and a pair of overnight bumps) but dinner afterwards works for me.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will start a thread in CommunityBuzz! so we can track who's coming. Still need some local expertise to help pick the dinner venue.

Somewhat later: CommunityBuzz! thread is here:

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jun 1, 2009 at 9:11 pm
Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:15 pm

Add me in to the group interested in the Braves game.

I know that one (or more of us) had mentioned maybe thinking of One Flew South in the E concourse (the one that sent out the DL email for a free item). With the Braves game that may not work as well.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by GrizShel

Is registration closed for this event? I just had some time free up for me those dates. Who should I contact?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by tonypct
Is registration closed for this event? I just had some time free up for me those dates. Who should I contact?
Kindly refer to this post above.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:56 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Hmmm... not sure why you can see the original posts, I just checked and they are still there. Originally I was polling everyone to find out which of the 2 dates would work best for everyone, so to answer your questions, yes there is only one event starting on June 25, 2009. I am sorry if you can't make those dates.

We are now at capacity for this event, however, if you are still interested in attending, please let me know and I can add you to the waitlist.
I am busy the week days
Is there space for the road warrior training only?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.