Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2009, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
I just heard about this today, I would like to be apart if that is possible.
Old May 17, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Regarding flights, are most people departing Saturday evening or Sunday? The fare is pricing out the same for me either way and I'm just wondering what others are doing.
Old May 17, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I agree, just one thread with itineraries.

I wonder if someone might be willing to set up a one of those trip memory pages or something similar where we can see where everyone is coming from and the flights, etc. Someone did that for the CO DO and it was pretty cool.
Done!

http://openflights.org/user/Delta%20ATL%20DO

Feel free to PM me your flights and I'll add them in!
Old May 17, 2009, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I'm all booked! Should we have a thread where we post our itineraries or just put them here or what?
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Good idea. I'd like to see a separate itinerary thread, so we don't clog up this one.
Originally Posted by mersk862
Done!

http://openflights.org/user/Delta%20ATL%20DO

Feel free to PM me your flights and I'll add them in!
Thanks, mersk862, that was quick. As my kids would say, WAY COOL!

I also have been asked to publish a list of which FT'ers are attending this event. I didn't publish the list of who was attending, as I wanted to respect individual choice to do that, rather than just publish the list to a broad audience. So, if someone wants to start a new thread that allows those attending to let others know they will there and provide their individual itineraries if they choose - I think that would be GREAT! Thanks.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by atldlff
So, if someone wants to start a new thread that allows those attending to let others know they will there and provide their individual itineraries if they choose - I think that would be GREAT! Thanks.
There is no need to do that.

I have set up an area in this thread for you to post a list of FlyerTalk members who are attending this event. I can always set up more if you like.

You are also welcome to post anonymous for those FlyerTalk members who wish to remain anonymous, although in most threads documenting an event of a gathering of FlyerTalk members, the names of FlyerTalk members who are attending are usually posted publicly anyway and I know of no complaints otherwise to remove them.
Old May 17, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Canarsie
There is no need to do that.

I have set up an area in this thread for you to post a list of FlyerTalk members who are attending this event. I can always set up more if you like.
Many thanks!!! I didn't realize you could do that, but then again, I don't think there is much that YOU can't do!! The list is now posted. I will do my best to keep it updated for everyone.

I just finished picking up my all my kids from College, so I am off the beach for a few days. If anyone sends me mail over the next few days, I will respond as soon as I can, but given the choice of being at the beach, or keeping up to date on FT posts... hmmm... that's actually not toooo hard to decide
Old May 18, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by ShopAround
Regarding flights, are most people departing Saturday evening or Sunday? The fare is pricing out the same for me either way and I'm just wondering what others are doing.
I'm going back Sunday night. The last flight of the day in to MLB is a bit too close to the end of Saturday events so I figure why not spend the night and go explore downtown ATL the next day. Headed to the Coke museum and some other places (not sure where yet) via MARTA.
Old May 18, 2009, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Registration website has been updated

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Quick note to those booking the Hilton ... the group rate is only available starting on 25 June. If, like me, you will arrive the day prior, the rate is on the order of $160 or so.
Originally Posted by atldlff
Hmmm... let me see if I can get that fixed. That rate should be available starting the 24th, but it looks like it wasn't loaded that way in the system. I won't be able to contact them until Monday, but I am on it!
Hilton has updated the registration website - click here. You can now book the $79.00 rate on Wednesday, June 24th. If anyone has problems making their reservations, please let me know.

Please note: The block of rooms will only be available for reservations at this rate through June 11, 2009. So, it you are planning on staying at the Hilton, and want that rate, please make your reservations before that date.

Last edited by atldlff; May 19, 2009 at 6:16 am
Old May 19, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Sorry to semi-hijack this thread but I will be driving from Huntsville, AL to Atlanta on Thursday morning. If anyone is in the Huntsville or Birmingham area let me know and I'll be glad to stop and loan a ride.

All plans are subject to change if Delta decides to fly me over for free out of the goodness of their heart :-P
Old May 20, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WBurcham
I'm going back Sunday night. The last flight of the day in to MLB is a bit too close to the end of Saturday events so I figure why not spend the night and go explore downtown ATL the next day. Headed to the Coke museum and some other places (not sure where yet) via MARTA.
Been to the Coke Museum ... you will like it. It is right next door to the Aquarium so you can go there as well ... enjoy.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
This event should be fantastic.

I too want to thank Steven for his efforts. I travel almost daily for business, and this trip has me as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning. This is just fantastic!

Also, are any of you going Marriott rewards members? I'm wondering if it would be worth trying to get a discounted rate at the Ren by the airport also.
Let me know your thoughts.

Again, this event looks to be one of a lifetime and I ready to go now!:-:
Old May 21, 2009, 11:03 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
How do we know you actually got our email? Is there a list somewhere?
Old May 21, 2009, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by jfulcher
How do we know you actually got our email? Is there a list somewhere?
Milepost 2 in this thread.

Also, mersk862 has a site for flight routing, mentioned about 9 posts above this one.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:12 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Milepost 2 in this thread.

Also, mersk862 has a site for flight routing, mentioned about 9 posts above this one.
Milepost 2 doesn't have a list for me.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Milepost 2 doesn't have a list for me.
I see the list in MP #2 and your name is on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.