Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 1:44 pm

Thanks for planning this!
Old May 3, 2009, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Update

Thank you to everyone that responded. If you responded, you will also get this same update via the e-mail address that you provided to me. If you do not get an e-mail from [email protected] today, please let me know as somehow I didn’t get your original e-mail or I have an incorrect e-mail address. The final results are in, and the event will be held on June 25-28, 2009. My apologies to those of you, who could only attend the earlier week, but I had to go with the majority here. We will certainly miss having you at the event, but I am sure we will capture pictures and highlights to share with you later.

Now that I have confirmed dates for the “event”, I will be working this week to finalize the agenda and the logistics with Delta. It looks like we will have approx. 67 people attend this event.

Transportation:
Out of those planning to attend, 22 of you indicated that you will need transportation. Many have volunteered to drive others, so I think it would be best if we “carpool” people together with those that have cars. For most of the events it is a very short drive – across the street to Delta Hqtrs., or less than 2 miles to Delta Tech Ops., so even if we can’t carpool everyone, Taxis should work for the short distance and will be much cheaper than pre-planned transportation. If you are attending, and willing to drive others to events, please let me know how many you can accommodate and I will see if we can cover everyone with the number of drivers that we will have. UPDATE: I am currently working on Bus/Shuttle transportation for everyone... stay tuned.

Hotel:
30 people indicated that they needed a hotel. Update: The hotel registration site for this event is now up and running. To access the site, please click here. You can also call the Hilton at (404) 767-9000 or toll-free (800) 445-8667 to make your reservation and use the group code: DFT.

Sightseeing:
24 people want to do some sightseeing. As I noted in the original post, I wasn’t formally planning anything for this. I will provide a list of some of the more popular sightseeing venues, and if someone wants to plan an event around, you are free to do so! Just let everyone else know what you are planning. I checked the schedule and there are home games for the Braves that weekend too.

Dinner:
I will plan a dinner. It looks like we will have approx. 40 people at the dinner. I will need to confirm availability of a restaurant that can accommodate this group, so I will let you know what I work out. Since there is more than one night, there is an opportunity to have another dinner, and I am working on the planning for a second dinner for those that want to attend.

I will have details and an agenda to follow soon. I think this is going to be a great event! Thank for your patience as I work the final details out!

For those who wanted to know the final numbers, here they are:

Last edited by atldlff; May 22, 2009 at 1:46 pm
Old May 3, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
When you know what time everything will start on the 25th and end on the 28th, please post and e-mail, as I will be flying to ATL and want to book my flights appropriately.
Old May 3, 2009, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Thanks from both of us for your efforts in getting this arranged!

Mike & Wife Mpls
Old May 5, 2009, 10:49 am
KLC
In Memoriam

I'll be there, too!

Thanks to atldlff for accepting my late reservation! I've been away for three weeks, and just saw this thread on my return trip.

I enjoyed Delta's "Velvet Rope" event a few years ago, and am looking forward to this weekend for an even more in-depth experience!

Karen
Old May 5, 2009, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by KLC
... for an even more in-depth experience!

Karen
Hopefully the water evacuation at RWT will not leave you disappointed!
Old May 7, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Please add me in for events on 6/25 and 6/26.

I've been juggling things so I could be there for at least this much time. I've got a convention in MCO that weekend so I'll catch the last flight ATL/MCO Friday night...should make for a frantic booth set up Saturday morning but it will be worth it!
Old May 8, 2009, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Quick Update

Here is an update for everyone that has asked. I am still working on the final agenda, and it is requiring a lot more logistics than I had initially realized. Please hang in there a little longer as I finalize the agenda and the details. I also sent this update via e-mail, so if you believe that you should be on the list, and didn't get an e-mail from me, please let me know ASAP.

Everyone that I am working with from Delta has been outstanding to work with and very supportive. They are genuinely excited to have the FlyerTalk members attend this event.

For those of you who want to begin your travel plans, this event will start at 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 25th, and will end around 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 27th. I will have the details on how to make reservations for the Hilton at the rate of $79.00 sometime next week. You will have until Thursday, June 11, 2009 to make your reservations at that rate.

I have honored a few last minute requests to attend this event, past last Saturday’s deadline, but I really do need to finalize the list. So… if you still want to attend and haven’t already replied, NOW is the time. I have to submit a list of attendees in advance for security purposes, so once that is done, the list will be final and I won’t be able to add you at a later date.

It is coming together very nicely and this should be a great event.

Thanks,

Steven

Last edited by atldlff; May 17, 2009 at 3:46 pm
Old May 8, 2009, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff
Here is an update for everyone that has asked. I am still working on the final agenda, and it is requiring a lot more logistics than I had initially realized. Please hang in there a little longer as I finalize the agenda and the details. I also sent this update via e-mail, so if you believe that you should are on the list, and didn't get an e-mail from me, please let me know ASAP.

Everyone that I am working with from Delta has been outstanding to work with and very supportive. They are genuinely excited to have the FlyerTalk members attend this event.

For those of you who want to begin your travel plans, this event will start at 12:00 noon on Thursday, June 25th, and will end around 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 27th. I will have the details on how to make reservations for the Hilton at the rate of $79.00 sometime next week. You will have until Thursday, June 11, 2009 to make your reservations at that rate.

I have honored a few last minute requests to attend this event, past last Saturday’s deadline, but I really do need to finalize the list. So… if you still want to attend and haven’t already replied, NOW is the time. I have to submit a list of attendees in advance for security purposes, so once that is done, the list will be final and I won’t be able to add you at a later date.

It is coming together very nicely and this should be a great event.

Thanks,

Steven
Steve-

Thanks so much for the update. Do you have any idea what day the Road Warrior Training and the TechOps tour would be??

(edited to say: my manager is letting me attend but I have to find out days soon so I can find coverage and make a PS reservation down to ATL!)
Old May 8, 2009, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
DRWT - Unable to attend

Thanks for offering this event but sadly I am not available (already book on a DL flight that weekend).

Just the same, thanks for posting it in this forum and hopefully it can be offered again in the future. Please keep us informed.

Cheers!
Old May 12, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage NW WorldPerks DL Skymiles FL A+
When do we have to submit names of our people?
Old May 12, 2009, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by astrotrainempire
When do we have to submit names of our people?
I replied to you via the e-mail address that you sent me. Please review that e-mail and get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks.
Old May 15, 2009, 8:03 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff
Here is the description from the Web-site. . . . and participate in a waterditching exercise.
Will there be any lime-green speedos in sight?
Old May 15, 2009, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Italy98
Will there be any lime-green speedos in sight?
If so, that would necessitate training in the use of defibrillator's.
Old May 15, 2009, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
If so, that would necessitate training in the use of defibrillator's.
Maybe not. I hear Cholula's lost some weight & is looking for his spot alongside other celebrity hunks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.