Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Mme. Pharaoh is just the opposite ... wishing she could attend.

Alas, too many critters to attend to...
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Rumor has it... Delta's painted a plane - just for our event.

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 14, 2009 at 12:21 pm
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:40 pm

Haha we wish. In all seriousness, they should have a livery dedicated to the SkyMiles program...and feel free to include my mug on it :P
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by atldlff

FlyerTalk logo or not, I wish that were my ride to/from ATL! But alas, the CRJ-200 for me!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL
Wow. atldlff you have done a really good job with this whole event. Even from a perspective of a person that isn't going, you have done a great job with it. Even the pictures were amazing. I have seen many posts saying that they can't wait for the event - I can't wait to see trip reports and photos from the event! I'm sure this event will be a great experience for many. Hopefully a similar event can happen in 2012...maybe in LAS??
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by me4yankees

FlyerTalk logo or not, I wish that were my ride to/from ATL! But alas, the CRJ-200 for me!
Wait you mean Delta is not sending around "Flyer Talk One" to pick everyone up?!?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 5:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
Hopefully a similar event can happen in 2012...maybe in LAS??
For many reasons, the only place where an event of this magnitude pertaining to Delta Air Lines can take place is in Atlanta, not the least of which is that most of the activities taking place will be at the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
For many reasons, the only place where an event of this magnitude pertaining to Delta Air Lines can take place is in Atlanta, not the least of which is that most of the activities taking place will be at the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.
I understand what you're saying, but not as a "Tour of DL" as more of a "For the people who are actively involved in DL SkyMiles on FT"
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I understand what you're saying, but not as a "Tour of DL" as more of a "For the people who are actively involved in DL SkyMiles on FT"
That'd be more of a CommunityBuzz thread (and FT DOs, under TOS, are not to be limited to only a certain group of people, but all interested members - which of course is a good thing since it makes the DOs much more fun to have a large group of people).

Even this DO, while mostly NW and DL folks, has people from other airlines attending. Even CO DO IV was very fun for me as a non-Continental elite - you learn a lot about the industry in general, and it's always fun (for me) to see the behind the scenes type stuff.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Wow. atldlff you have done a really good job with this whole event. Even from a perspective of a person that isn't going, you have done a great job with it. Even the pictures were amazing. I have seen many posts saying that they can't wait for the event - I can't wait to see trip reports and photos from the event! I'm sure this event will be a great experience for many. Hopefully a similar event can happen in 2012...maybe in LAS??
Thank you... wish you could be here, as it promises to be a great experience for everyone. No doubt we will have a great opportunity to document the three days as well as provide highlights and pictures... stay tuned.

I am counting on this to be a success and hopefully lead to many more events like this in the future.

A general LAS DO would be great at some point- I love to hit the Blackjack and Craps tables, but it's not good when they hit me back!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:45 pm

Thank you... wish you could be here, as it promises to be a great experience for everyone. No doubt we will have a great opportunity to document the three days as well as provide highlights and pictures... stay tuned.

I am counting on this to be a success and hopefully lead to many more events like this in the future.

A general LAS DO would be great at some point- I love to hit the Blackjack and Craps tables, but it's not good when they hit me back!
Yes that would be a good event. I know mersk862 would really love to get in on a trip to LAS
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
We've got one coming up July 17-18 ...the legendary Mr. Pillows from the UA forum (er, I mean iluv2fly will be joining us for the Deoderant DO). It's about time I make it out to a LAS DO...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: DL - Platinum, DL RW, UAL - Premier, Marriott Plat Elite, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat, Nat Car Exe Elite
I'm looking forward to this. My wife is a flight attendant and she thinks I'm nuts for doing this. Too funny!

Last edited by gpscuba2000; Jun 15, 2009 at 8:41 am Reason: hit save to early
Old Jun 15, 2009, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I didnt realize we would be seeing the Business Elite/FA service training section...what day will that take place? Im very interested in that part!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I didnt realize we would be seeing the Business Elite/FA service training section...what day will that take place? Im very interested in that part!
Well... it's not actually something that is scheduled for this event. I just got a peek at it, when I was there last week for my dry run meetings. It is hidden away at the Delta training center, and I am sure those attending the RWT can also get a sneak peak if they want - maybe over lunch if we ask. The Delta training facility is absolutely an incredible place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.