Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mersk862
I'll go through my notes later tonight, but there are multiple FTers on DL1794...
Guess I won't hold out hope for clearing an upgrade then...
Old May 28, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I'll go through my notes later tonight, but there are multiple FTers on DL1794...
I thought I was, but I'm on DL1793. Good, less competition for the upgrade.

Are we supposed to be posting our itins? Mine is:

24 June DL 1793 LGA-ATL 5:55pm-8:45pm
28 June DL 1780 ATL-LGA 12:40pm-3:00pm
Old May 28, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
25 June - DL5834 SAT-ATL 0530-0850
27 June - DL1875 ATL-PNS 0822-0840

As AMMO and I are traveling together, I know there's at least two of us on the above itinerary.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
You can list these as well:

24JUN SUN-SLC DL7793 5:30p-6:37p
24JUN SLC-DEN DL5732 9:30p-11:00p
25JUN DEN-ATL DL1896 1:15a-6:06a

28JUN ATL-SLC DL1231 12:05p-2:00p
28JUN SLC-SUN DL7792 3:15p-4:23p
Old May 28, 2009, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Done!

http://openflights.org/user/Delta%20ATL%20DO

Feel free to PM me your flights and I'll add them in!
mersk, in the "note"field are you able to add our handle?
Old May 28, 2009, 7:31 pm
KLC
In Memoriam

24 June DL 10 TPA-ATL 6:46pm-8:25pm
28 June DL 2063 ATL-TPA 12:05pm-1:28pm
Old May 28, 2009, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
mersk, in the "note"field are you able to add our handle?
I'm working on it - one of the downsides I've found with openflights at this time is that you can't really view each individual flight, so what I might do tonight/tomorrow depending on time is to open it up and PM anyone heading down the password so that they can view the details.
Old May 28, 2009, 8:18 pm

Suggestion: Take it or leave it, but what does everybody think about doing an DL DO Flight Memory that we all can add flights to? Set it up, post the password or send it in an PM to everybody, and then we can add our flight legs now and after the DO we can go back and update with ship numbers and actual flight times so we can see how many "manflight hours" we flew for everybody to get to ATL?
Old May 30, 2009, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Update

Here is the latest update: We are just over 4 weeks away --

If you are registered for this event, you should have received a more comprehensive update and registration verification via email. Please review that e-mail verify and complete the registration form and return the form back to [email protected] as soon as possible.

I need to provide a list of names to Delta Security in advance of the event, so I appreciate your prompt reply. I have several people that interested in attending, but they are on the waitlist, so if you previously indicated that you wanted to attend, and for some reason you now are unable to make the event, please let me know.
----------------------------------------
Sponsors

I am very pleased to announce that we now have three key sponsors for this event - Aircell, LLC, providers of Gogo® Inflight Internet WIFI services, Clear, providers of the Clear® Registered Traveler’s Program, and the Delta Air Lines, Inc. SkyMiles® program. I choose sponsors that I felt have the capacity to provide valuable information to FlyerTalk members. Clear will sponsor our dinner event the evening of Thursday, June 25th, and Aircell will be sponsoring our dinner event the evening of Friday, June 26th. The Delta SkyMiles program will be sponsoring the cocktail hour on Thursday, June 25th.

Our sponsors are excited to be participating and engaging with the FlyerTalk members at the event. Aircell and Clear will provide a short overview of their products and services as well as allow time for questions and discussion with attendees. This way, FlyerTalk members will have the opportunity to verbalize how they feel - good and bad - as well as offer comments and suggestions that might be potentially valuable to those companies.

I am sure that I speak on behalf of everyone that will be attending this event in giving a big THANK YOU to our sponsors for their support!

Delta Operations Control Center (OCC) and Delta Tech Ops

We have added a tour of the Delta Operations Control Center (OCC) in addition to the tour of Delta Technical Operations (Tech Ops). The OCC is a “Mission Control” like atmosphere that includes: Equipment Control, Flight Control, Maintenance Control, Meteorology, Radio, Security Command Center, and System Reroute. The Director of Flight Control will be leading this tour and will allow time at the end for Q&A.

The Tech Ops facility, at 2.7 million square feet, is one of the world’s largest facilities of its kind, it is 63 acres under roof and performs maintenance for Delta owned engines, components and aircraft hangar including the painting of aircraft, Engine Shop, Test Cells, Hangar Bays, Aircraft in for Heavy Maintenance Visit (HMV), Stores, Composite Shop, Paint Hangars, Electronics and Avionics Shops.

Since we have a large group, we will be splitting the group into 2 smaller groups to facilitate the Tech Ops tour (this is the most popular of all the venues). It is a FAA requirement that we have one e-badged employee for every 5 people on this tour, so two smaller groups will make the tour more manageable and personal.

Road Warrior Training

For those of you attending the Road Warrior Training, this should be an exciting event. We are in the process of finalizing the agenda for this event, and there are some additions to the training that I think you will enjoy, so stay tuned for the next update. If you are registered for the Road Warrior training, I will need to collect your payment for this prior to the event. As indicated before, the normal cost of this training is $300 per person, but Delta is offering this training to FT Members for $150. The training department at Delta cannot process individual payments, and has asked me to collect the payments from you, and make a single payment to them. If you are attending this training you will need to pay for the cost of the training no later than June 20, 2009. Please see the payment section in your e-mail.

Transportation

This has been one of the more difficult items to tackle. I know that many of you will have cars at this event. Most of the venues that we will be visiting for this event are located in secure areas either on the Delta Headquarters Campus, or with direct secure access to Hartsfield-Jackson airport itself. We will be required to pass through security check points and it will make the logistics extremely difficult if we have several cars transporting people to these events - as well as trying to keep the group together. I am in the process of finalizing Shuttle Bus transportation to the venues so that we can go as a group and allow passage through security check points much more easily. For security reasons, the bus transportation will be required. The shuttle buses will depart from and return to the Hilton at the designated times that will be published on the final agenda. I have worked diligently to save everyone money where I could, but there will be a modest fee for this transportation of $25 per person that will cover your transportation cost for the entire event – Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. You can pay this cost in advance, or you can pay during the on-site registration process.

Hotel

Again, if you indicated that you need a hotel room, you can now make your reservations at the group rate of $79.00 @ night + Tax. The nights available for this rate are Wednesday, June 24 – Saturday, June 27, 2009. You can make your reservations on-line – click here. That rate will include complimentary parking, 50% discount on internet access, and free local calls. You can also call the Hilton at (404) 767-9000 or toll-free (800) 445-8667 to make your reservation and use the group code: DFT. There is a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel every 15 minutes. For more information on the hotel, please click here. This block of rooms is only available until June 11, 2009, so please make your reservations before that date. If you have any problem with your reservations, please let me know.

Dinner

Two dinners are being planned for this event. The first one will be at the Hilton Hotel. We will have a cocktail hour and hors d’oeuvres with the Delta Executives prior to that dinner. The second dinner will be at PRIME at Lenox Mall, located in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. You can either drive to that dinner or take the Shuttle bus service to and from the Hilton to Lenox Mall. I will have more details including directions and bus schedules in the final update. Again, I thank our sponsors for participating and providing the cocktail hour and the dinner events for the attendees. NOTE: Please indicate on the registration form, if you plan to attend these dinners, as well as note any dietary preferences/ restrictions that you may have.

Payment

Payment information is in your e-mail update.

As I said before, I have done my best to keep the costs to a minimum. If you are attending the Road Warrior training the total cost including the transportation fee is $175.00 per person. If you are not attending the training, then your cost for the transportation fee will be $25.00 per person.

Please send the payment prior to June 20, 2009. Thank you!

Volunteers

It has been my sincere pleasure to plan this event, but as you can imagine the logistics to run this event are tremendous. I am now looking for some volunteers that are willing to get involved and help with the details of running this event. Here is what I need help with:

• Transportation Logistics – I have lined up the transportation for this event. We will be using Shuttle buses; however, one bus cannot hold everyone in a single trip. So I need someone to do the planning for two smaller groups, and work the bus schedule and logistics to and from the different venues.

• Group Leaders – We will have 2 smaller groups for the Tech Ops tour on Friday as well as for the bus transportation, so I need a volunteer to be the leader of each group – simply make sure we have everyone in your group get together at the Hilton, get on the bus, and arrive and depart each of the venues at the scheduled times.

• Catering – We have two dinner events planned. I need someone that can review the menu choices with the Hilton and the Prime Restaurant and finalize the cocktail hour and dinner selections and plans.

• Sponsorship set-up – Both Aircell and Clear will be presenting at the dinner events. I need someone that can work with their representatives and the hotel/restaurant and AV vendor on the set-up and logistics for their presentations.

• Event Registration – Flyin’Mom has volunteered to lead this for the event – thank you! We will have a registration desk available at the Hilton. You can check in with her on Thursday a.m., more details to follow.

• Photographer – Someone that is willing to take pictures and post them for everyone to view later

If you are willing to help with any of the above, please let me know as soon as possible.

Sightseeing/Areas of interest

There is more detailed information in your e-mail on this.

Update

Prior to the actual event date, I will be sending out a final update with detailed agenda, along with more logistics information, times, meeting places, directions, transportation information, contact information, etc. I thank you for your continued patience as I work out the final details. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at this e-mail address, and I will do my best to respond to you in a timely manner.

For your information and planning purposes, I have attached the current agenda below (disclaimer: This is very much still subject to change!)

I think this is going to be a fun and informative experience for everyone attending. Those attending will be getting the "behind the scenes" look at Delta, that is not often available to the public on a regular basis. I think everyone attending will enjoy the venues and the interaction with other FT'ers that are there as well as the Delta Executives and Employees and our Sponsors that are helping to make this a great event.

I look forward to meeting you, and having your participation in this event.

Regards,

Steven

Tentative Agenda

Thursday, June 25th
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Arrivals – Registration Desk at the Hilton will be open
11:45 a.m. Meet at the Hilton to depart for the Delta Heritage Museum visit
12:00 – 2:45 p.m. Delta Heritage Museum visit
2:45 p.m. Depart for Q&A Session
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Q&A Session with Delta Execs
5: 00 p.m. Depart for Hilton
6:00 p.m. Cocktails and Hors d’Oeuvres @ the Hilton w/Delta Execs
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Dinner @ the Hilton

Friday, June 26th
10:15 a.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Delta Operations Control Center
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Tour of Delta Operations Control Center
11:15 a.m. Depart for Hilton
11:30 - 1:15 p.m. Lunch on your own at the Hilton
1:15 p.m. Depart from Hilton for Delta Tech Ops
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tour of Delta Operations Control Center
3:15 p.m. Depart for Hilton
3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. To be determined – stay tuned
6:15 p.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Dinner
7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Dinner @ PRIME

Saturday, June 27th
New times:
7:15 a.m. Meet at Hilton to depart for Road Warrior Training
7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Breakfast, Road Warrior Training (Lunch will be provided)
4:30 p.m. Depart for Hilton
7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Dinner on your own

Sunday, June 28th
Sunday a.m. Those traveling to the event – depart

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 10, 2009 at 7:08 pm Reason: Change Agenda times
Old May 30, 2009, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Phenomenal job.
Old May 30, 2009, 10:10 pm

I'm ... speechless. A MASSIVE ^ to atldlff!!!!!

:-::-::-::-::-:

Quick question: How to we register if we're going to be arriving on Friday? Will the Hilton have somewhere to put our bags if we can't check in before we leave for OCC?

Last edited by iTanNicNic; May 30, 2009 at 11:01 pm
Old May 31, 2009, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Thanks again, atldlff. This keeps looking better & better!

For Saturday evening dinner, I'd suggest we start a thread in the CommunityBuzz! forum, since there a number of local FT'ers who won't be attending the ATL DO itself.
Old May 31, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by skoker
I'm ... speechless. A MASSIVE ^ to atldlff!!!!!

:-::-::-::-::-:
Ditto, absolutely phenominal job! ^
Old May 31, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: DL
Wow. Even though I'm not going to the event, round of applause to atldlff for his work on this event. Impressive update and detailed schedule! ^^

Looking forward to seeing pictures and trip reports from this event!
Old May 31, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I will be more than willing to bring my D70 along and take some photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.