Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Got a SkySaver RDU-(DTW)-BOS/BOS-GSO for March...worked out well for me because the RDU flight left about 20 minutes after my friend's WN flight...got it for the SkySaver amount nice and easy.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Presidents Club
Delta Rocks !!

Anyone who says that they cannot book a ticket with DL miles I would say take a hike. I just booked two most difficult sky saver tickets with the help of DL agents.
Here is the itenerary.
Jun 7th : CCU-SIN : Singapore Airlines
Jun 8th : SIN -LAX : Singapore Airlines
June 10th: LAX-GRR : Delta & Delta ComAir
Return
Jul 8th : GRR - LAX : Delta & Delta ComAir
Jul 9th : LAX-SIN-CCU : Singapore Airlines

Once again with so little flights to Kolkata, I am duely impressed with the ability of DL agents to find me two saver tckts for my in-laws to US.
Cheers everybody,
GRR_Flier
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:13 pm

2 SkySaver seats in First for early Oct. - ROC/CVG/LAS - (yeah, I know - no F on Comair for ROC but it's fun in First to/from CVG.)

I was able to book 1 itinerary tonight online but not the other, even with using a 2nd open browser. Phoned DL Skymiles desk and was told no SkySaver seats available on the return from CVG to ROC on Comair!

Very nicely pointed out to the agent that the CVG/ROC Comair flight was wide open and asked if he could match our first itinerary booked online; he was very accommodating and booked the flights, no hassles and excellent service. Paid the $10 fee to book online and a $20 fee for booking over the phone.

For $30 I'm very pleased we were able to get the 2 award seats and exact dates and flights we wanted - Thanks Delta!
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:13 pm

Just got a SkySaver ticket CHO-SDF on two day's notice. Paid $60 in taxes/expedite fee. Cheapest available fare was $792.

Who says there's no SkySaver inventory?

Found it on NWA.com and had to book CHO-ATL and ATL-SDF seperately, Delta.com wouldn't even offer me any SkyChoice flights.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
I don't fly DL anymore, but have a hefty SkyMiles account that I am using for itineraries that are too expensive or too awkward for my primary carrier (hey, I live in SFO).

I was happy to get SFO-IAH-SJO and return in F on CO for the dates I wanted in March. I'll be on the beach in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica for a week at the end of Winter, and will be travelling in style to and from!
Old Jan 23, 2006, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mtparadis
Just got a SkySaver ticket CHO-SDF on two day's notice. Paid $60 in taxes/expedite fee. Cheapest available fare was $792.

Who says there's no SkySaver inventory?

Found it on NWA.com and had to book CHO-ATL and ATL-SDF seperately, Delta.com wouldn't even offer me any SkyChoice flights.
So it's actually an NW flight, not DL? It's only a few hundred miles between CHO and SDF isn't it?

Good that it worked out for you but there's slightly more demand going to CDG or FCO or JFK.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
So it's actually an NW flight, not DL? It's only a few hundred miles between CHO and SDF isn't it?

Good that it worked out for you but there's slightly more demand going to CDG or FCO or JFK.
No they are Delta flights that NWA.com found.

It's an 8 hour drive and the person needed to only be in SDF for an afternoon, not worth 16 hours round trip.

And yes, it's not JFK-FCO, but it's a flight that's showing Y5 and yet they're giving away SkySaver. I think that's impressive.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
I recently booked two award reservations:

1) LAX to BOS, family of 4, Song flights, school vacation dates in Feb 06, Skysaver awards for all on 1st choice dates, preferred seating.

2) LAX to HNL, family of 4 in Y, Dec 06, all Skysaver awards, first choice dates, preferred seating.

Both were done completely on-line with no SMS intervention or assistance required. No muss, no fuss. Easy.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have never had any problems finding domestic skysaver awards given reasonable advance planning and a little flexibility.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
BOS-ATL-GIG (Business Class) March 16
GIG-ATL-BOS (coach) March 28
70K booked via NWA.com
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Skysaver mileage, 2 tickets, business class, IAH-CAI, through AMS. It took the Platinum desk about 15 minutes to find available seats for my fairly flexible schedule at the beginning of summer. Taking my daughter on a one week vacation in Egypt for her 10th birthday.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Skysaver FC 7Dec2006 LAX-SLC-PHL / 10Dec2006 PHL-ATL-LAX

MO
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
^ SkySaver BusinessElite 90K SMs
FLL > JFK > BRU (Brussels) 2/8/06
BRU > JFK > ATL > FLL 2/15/06

Booked on :-: Jan 21, 2006 18 days out!!

^ SkySaver BusinessElite 90K SMs
FLL > JFK > TXL (Berlin) 3/2/06
FRA (Frankfurt) > JFK > FLL 3/9/06

Booked on :-: Jan 26, 2006 35 days out!!!

It seems that if there is a song segment in the itinerary then SkySaver has a much better chance of popping up. With the above two trips I could not find any FLL > ATL > XXX itins with SkySaver's availability. I guess all the FLL > ATL seats have been long gone. All attempts (dates,routes,carrier, and equipment) to get to Paris were unsuccessful. Oh well, the train R/T Brussels/Paris is only $64.00 and an hour-and-a-half.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Delta GM, Marriott Silver
Booked 2 60,000 Skymiles Business Class seats in mid May 2006
ATL >>PVR
PVR>>MEX>>SJD
SJD>>ATL

It took the Platinum desk about 45 minutes to find this itinerary for my husband and I's first anniversary trip to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo. We were trying to get between the two and found the flights ourselves, but had a lot of trouble getting THEM to find them.

Disclaimer: Prior to this though, we could not get seats to go to Thailand or Greece (couldn't get seats until the fall), so this was our 3rd choice.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 7:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Hilton & Marriott Elite
It worked

I don't know what changed, but I'm not complaining!

After spending a year trying to get a Delta award to just about anywhere, I thought I had allowed enough time by trying to get a July Europe Award in December. I was flexibile about my days and even flexible about what country I was going to. Still, I couldn't get anything in Business class without long layovers and multiple (3-4!) connections. I called three times. The last time the rep actually laughed at me and told me if I want an award I should call at least 300 days in advance.

Well, yesterday I called to say there was no way I could handle anything suggested, but I want to try one more time. The agent came back with a direct flight to my first choice and one stop over on the way back to my second choice! I couldn't believe it. She said I was waitlisted on the first, but it shouldn't be a problem since I'm elite. It would probably open in the next few weeks.

I don't know what changed at Delta. I'm just glad it did.

Marcia
Old Jan 27, 2006, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by MarciaLF
I don't know what changed at Delta. I'm just glad it did.
Maybe this changed? If so, ^ .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.