Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Mach2Boodle
The gods are smiling, the planets aligned! This week scored 1 F seat Emirates JFK-DXB r/t in May and 1 F seat Singapore Airlines SFO-SIN r/t (with stopover in HKG on return) in November. Even cleared F seats for the DL domestic portion on both trips. Surprising, as my return from SFO to JAX for the SQ trip is over Thanksgiving weekend.

The very helpful folks at the Delta desk both remarked the Emirates F/J awards seemed to be more plentiful the last 2-3 months, with Singapore F still tougher.
Congratulations! I love a ride on a Megatop, especially SQ 001/002. And a stopover in HKG is just delicious. For the benefit of others who may be looking, I've gathered that November is a decent time for claiming award tickets on SQ, as business travel tends to fall off in that month. But plan early. As posted above, I've already got my Christmas/New Year's ticket on SQ 001/002.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 4:33 am

Broke one of the sacred rules of redemption and redeemed for a domestic flight as I had about 45k to burn.

Scored a SkySaver First SFO-ATL 14APR and returning ATL-SLC-SFO on 16APR.

Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
Originally Posted by t1nt1n
Broke one of the sacred rules of redemption...
I just did the same thing. Had 25,000 orphan miles to burn (I'm usually an AA flier). LAX-FLL-TPA-LAX in June. Booked it on 2/25 after availability magically opened up because of the new post-5/1 schedule upload. All the Skysaver seats were snapped up within 24 hours, but I snagged what I needed.

LAX-FLL and TPA-LAX legs are on Song-configured planes, it will be my first experience on that metal... ^
Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:43 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I've just redeemed two biz class IAH-CDG-TNR (Antananarivo, Madagascar) / JIB (Djibouti)-CDG-IAH awards for over Christmas/NYE for 120k each.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:22 pm

Got 3 First Class SkySaver tickets: Apr 8 PHL-SLC-LAS, Apr 13 LAS-SLC-PHL. I had to book the outbound over the phone as a stopover in SLC in order to get SkySaver FC seats. I'm hoping worst case to pay $25/ticket for Same Day Confirmed to move up to an earlier flight (40min after arriving flight vs 4 1/2 hrs with my current itinerary).

Jeff
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Thumbs up Snagged Saver seats GSO-IAH on short notice

Just snagged Skysaver for my mom to come to IAH (she called me this afternoon to announce she was planning on DRIVING by herself on this coming Thursday & Friday, which I said was wasteful). Even though she has to connect in both CVG and ATL, 25k miles for a $730 r/t ticket is a pretty good return-on-miles in my book.

Fwiw, the other alternative was to have her fly paid WN for $315 out of RDU, but due to times, i would have had to burn either hilton or marriott points to get her a room close to the airport.

Funny thing is that there was NO availability had I tried to book the flights >3 weeks in advance.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL 2MM, UA 1P, AS, HH, SPG, Marriott Gold
Snagged Sky Saver Business Class SEA to CVG R/T for early April last night. Several flight options were available in Sky Saver last night on this routing, I grabbed one. Checked today and nothing but Sky Choice in BE today.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Just snagged MCI-ATL-SFO-HKG-SIN-KUL in Raffles Class on SQ for late October. Actually, there was plenty of availability on all flights except for the non-stops from LAX and EWR. Not bad for 120,000 miles.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:34 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I just put these 2 award tickets on hold:

2 pax
May 8 BZN-LAX-HNL
May 12 HNL-LAX-BZN
35,000 miles / pax
Also found on May 10 HNL-SFO <stopover> May 15 SFO-BZN, but did not put it on hold.
There was some scattered availbility to HNL from LAX/SFO scattered around the end of April/begining of May for anyone who is looking for a trip.

2 pax
May 3 BZN-SLC-YVR
May 8 YVR-SLC-SJC
May 13 SJC-SLC-BZN
25,000 miles / pax

Now just need to figure out which trip to take

Last edited by TTT; Mar 21, 2006 at 11:00 am
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Just got a very nice saver award, exactly what I wanted. FLL-CVG(1st)-AMS(BE) 10/19 TXL(BE)-JFK(BE)-ATL(1st)-FLL 11/01. So they are still out there without blowing the 250K Choice awards. PS there seems to be a lot more europe BE availability for the fall in the last few days.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Success with a SLC-SAN-SLC skysaver ticket on outbound day of travel and also a SLC-LAX-SIN-LAX-SLC first class ticket on SQ with a month's notice.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA LT GS/5MM, DL 3MMGold, HHDia, HyattGlob, IHG Spire Amb, Marr Plat/LTG, SPG LTP
Wonder of wonders: IAH-CDG-FCO and back in Biz (on AF and CO) on the dates I wanted in JUNE! I called today just to try, but was prepared to use the nuclear option of 250K miles. The very pleasant agent was not hopeful initially and then was practically shocked ("I have to lock this in right now...it must have come up in the last 30 minutes!") - had to tell all the other agents there that she actually did it. Bravo Delta - there's hope for you yet.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:55 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Yesterday I reserved 3 skysaver award tix between my home in the U.S. and Europe for September 2006. I was reasonably flexible on dates (anything in the 1st half of Sept. or the first half of Oct. I asked for an open jaw into ZRH or GVA and returning from VCE or FCO.

But the routing is a pain: home-ATL-HOU-CDG-GVA outbound and VCE-CDG-MIA-CVG-home. Three problems with the routing: First is that we're traveling with two small kids and it requires them to endure a layover in Houston between 6 and 10 pm, which has them up well past bed time before boarding. Second, we don't get to GVA until 5pm, meaning we essentially lose a day and have a harder time meeting up with grandparents who will fly a more efficient itinerary. Third, I'm buying my ticket to go along with the 3 award tix. If I bought an efficient itinerary it'd be $850-$900. But buying the convoluted itinerary is $1350.

So although it's great that there was availability, and if it were just my wife and me we'd probably take the routing, I'm pretty sure we'll buy a much more direct itinerary, either with cash or double the Skymiles.

Which means I'll probably be releasing the awards soon, but I'll post that separately since those interested may not read this thread.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I just got a J class RT on CO, HOU-GIG for this Saturday returning in 10 days using Skymiles.

It can be done on short notice with a little flexibility.

The harder part is getting to HOU for me, but I've got that sorted now.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 1:18 pm

I got a business class SkySaver award SFO-FCO for next March. There's a stop in SLC on the way to JFK but that's okay.

Ironically, I was originally going to buy a B fare ticket on NW (where I'm Platinum Elite) and upgrade with miles. Incredibly, they had no upgrade available even this far out on B fares, only on Y fares, which cost over twice as much.

Just by chance I checked on-line with Delta and I was able to get the business class ticket for only 30,000 miles more than it would have taken with NW and it only cost $43 (taxes) as opposed to the $1150 I would have paid NW for the B fare. NW lost a sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.