Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:04 pm
vsv

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, Alaska MVPG
JFK-GRU coach skysaver for thanksgiving '07

Have them on hold, will probably ticket soon,

Nov 17 : JFK-ATL-GRU
Nov 25: GRU-ATL-LGA

Booked at the 330 day window, had to call in a couple of times since the flights span two days inbound.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Got 6 Skysavers CMH-OGG-CMH for next November. I was on phone at 11:57pm EST, waiting for clock to strike midnight 331 days in advance. I had to do this 3 straight days before I could get seats but I finally got them.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta FO, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
After checking online for an hour trying a variety of outbound airports (5 airports within 2 hour drive from my house) and 2 LA-area airports with a return from either Vancouver or Seattle to any one of those 5 airports, 2 unsuccessful calls to SMS, I finally got an agent who gave a darn and found me 2 seats on:

VPS - ATL - LAX on May 6, 2006
YVR - LAX - ATL - PFN on May 13, 2006

We are taking a repositioning cruise from LA to Vancouver, and you can't do different return airports online -- have to call and get SMS to help.

She also was kind enough to waitlist us for outbound flights on 5/6/06 from our "home" airport of Panama City (PFN).
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Got 2 Skysaver tickets outbound LEX-OGG and returning HNL-LEX next November to see the 'Cats play in the Maui Invitational over Thanksgiving. While all is well and good now, the process was far from painless. The person at the call center in India booked my return leg on a separate itn. from my outbound leg. When I called to ticket it, I was told this was not possible and I would have to have to agent cancel my return itn. and try to "grab" the seats before someone else. This was too risky in my estimation, especially considering it was their mistake to begin with. Two calls and two hours of waiting on the phone at 1am later, a very nice lady in Dallas was able to hook me up.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:36 am

In the past week, I've booked:
  • 2 Skysavers ATL-RNO, 1/25 - 1/30
  • 1 Skysaver ATL-CDG via JFK, 9/4-9/11 (on hold)

-Sabrina
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:37 am
Suspended

last week I booked a Biz tkt EWR-BOS-MXP-TLV with a return TLV-ATL-EWR the EWR-BOS and ATL-EWR were only available in Coach. For April which is both Passover and Easter Time

All for the Reg 120,000 , what was amazing is I couldnt find a Coach seat for Under $1600

I was amazed that there was anything available at all. They said the hardest part was the US to Europe nothing was available. I would have bet that it was the Europe to TLV flight but they were able to get a couple of them on different Carriers only no way to get me to the flight in time to make it.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:28 am

October 27 : FRA-ATL-HNL
November 5 : HNL-LAX
November 9 : LAX-ATL-FRA

All in coach and all for 50.000 miles. Great Value !
Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:05 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by sc flier
Found a coach SkySaver for my wife on our March ski trip. CLT-ATL-YVR Mar 9-13. We'll spend the first night near YVR and then spend three nights at Whistler. Will ski on the last day before redeye return. Going to Whistler because I couldn't find a SkySaver to SLC.
After lining up both of our SkySaver seats to YVR and booking our hotel at Whistler, Delta has cancelled our nonstop flights between ATL and YVR. This nonstop route has been reduced to only four days per week (Fr, Sa, Su, Mo), and we were scheduled for flying on Thurs - Tues. The Delta computers automatically rescheduled us on ATL-SLC-YVR with flight times that overlapped our CLT-ATL flight. And the original redeye return was replaced with a 6am flight the next morning -- requiring another hotel night, a second hotel change in order to be close to the airport, and a later arrival home.

Ironically, the flights got rescheduled through SLC -- the place where we wanted to go before we settled on YVR as an alternative that actually had SkySaver availability.

Spent more than 2 hours (95% on hold) with Delta SMS as the agent rescheduled our flights and requested supervisor approval for some overrides. Since they had us now routed through SLC, I requested that they let us stop in SLC instead of continuing to YVR. They agreed to this, though it took a lot of time for them to approve keeping us on afternoon departures.

After hanging up, I discovered that she still has one of our reservations booked with the first segment on Jan 9 instead of Mar 9. (But she got the more important Confirmed reservation right, and I'm not worried about straightening out the Jan 9 error on the On Hold reservation after getting some sleep first.) In addition, she charged the miles to my wife's SkyMiles account instead of mine. No big deal, but that's not how I had it reserved.

A ton of hassle, but I now have a Coach SkySaver seat for my wife:
Mar 9-14 CLT-ATL-SLC

I still can't get over how difficult it has been to get a frequent flier seat between Delta's hubs.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:19 pm

Just got 1 SkySaver BE ticket for PHX-ATL-SVO for Jun. 28 returning Jul. 11.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
CVG to OGG, HNL to CVG 3 SkySavers

I booked 3 SkySavers, Coach, from CVG to HNL on Nov. 16, and return HNL to CVG Nov. 26.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by alanh
Just got 1 SkySaver BE ticket for PHX-ATL-SVO for Jun. 28 returning Jul. 11.
Good for you! Even though it'll be six months from now, please post a trip report when you get back.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:49 am

I managed to get 2 Business Class seats on Delta and Korean Air from Atlanta to Auckland, New Zealand leaving 2/12 returning 3/6. I booked the tickets on November 25th. Granted it involves two overnight stays - one in Los Angeles and one in Incheon, Korea, but I was able to use my Marriott points to cover that part. On the return trip, it's kind of a hassle with a 7 hour layover in Incheon and another 7 hours in Los Angeles, but I was willing to do it in return for two business class tickets to New Zealand. Now it's just hoping that no one goes on strike between now and then.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:51 pm

Just booked SkySaver from sjc to alb and back 1/18/06 and 1/25/06. Cost $50 because less then 20 days out but the need was sudden and I'm ok with that. Didn't expect to get these
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by whisper
Just booked SkySaver from sjc to alb and back 1/18/06 and 1/25/06. Cost $50 because less then 20 days out but the need was sudden and I'm ok with that. Didn't expect to get these
I didn't realize that you would have to pay $50 if it was less that 20 days out. Seems like if it is available you could have it for the miles. That is something new to me. I learned something new today.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, SW, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold
I've tried to use my Delta miles a couple times before for planned trips to Asia last year and no luck. This April, however, I was able to book Business class Delta Award through Korean Air.

The only thing was I end up having to find my own way to LAX for the outbound trip and then find my way back home from SFO on the return.

Well, no biggie I'll use my other airline awards to get to LAX and return from SFO.

After this I only have very few miles left on Delta so I can walk away without many orphaned miles.

Sorry, you alls, I don't fly Delta much and most of the mileage was accrued through partner airline and hotels anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.