Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:33 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
AUS/EZE in June on CO as a partner award in BF. It took all of seven minutes on the phone. I had done my homework and checked the CO sight to make sure there was availalbity before I called. I just gave the DL agent the CO flight numbers and he booked them without problem.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sushibear
AUS/EZE in June on CO as a partner award in BF. It took all of seven minutes on the phone. I had done my homework and checked the CO sight to make sure there was availalbity before I called. I just gave the DL agent the CO flight numbers and he booked them without problem.
Wow...I'm impressed. Somebody actually did their homework and, surprise, it paid off. Everytime we get a new "DL s*cks cuz I can't get 5 F tix to HNL next Friday" threads, we should reference this. @:-)
Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:00 pm

PHL-BOM on AF for April 2006 using DL miles. Let us hope it stays in business.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:56 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
two savers for the better half and myself, BE: TYS-ATL-MAD 19 May on DL MAD-MXP-DUB 27 May on AZ Biz returning 31 May DUB-ATL-TYS on DL.

Of course now plans have changed slightly and I would like to go AGP (Malaga) or GRX (Granada) - SNN on 25 May instead of the 27 May flight. We'll see what happens.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:59 pm
vsv

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, Alaska MVPG
Two JFK- AMD(Ahmedabad, India) SQ J class tixs - May and August 2006

Hello All,

Been a longtime lurker and have significantly benefitted from doing so, am hoping to be able to contribute/ give back at some point.

As mentioned above, scored one JFK-FRA-SIN-AMD roundtrip in August 06 (self) and one in the opposite direction for my mom who will be visiting me in May '06.

Both of these award tixs were picked up at the 331 day mark. The DL SMS desk ladies were sensational in helping me find the right connections with the layover in Singapore for both tix.

Am excited at the prospect of flying the J product on SQ, having had a chance to sample the biz class products on KLM (IMHO - decent in the 777 (the new seat and the IFE was great) and so-so in the older 747-400) and Delta (downright sad in the 767 ER (i think..)- the FAs were great but the hardware has obviously seen better days).

Thanks once again to all who give generously at FT,
Old Nov 30, 2005, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk vsv. I'll be doing a SQ award in J JFK-FRA next May and also looking forward to the experience. ^
Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
vsv, we welcome you to FT so that we now know that you are around.

Franny and I are also looking forward to a Raffles trip next month on the SQ nonstop EWR-SIN which was earned with (sshhhh) Star Alliance miles.

It seems to me that this year standard international business class awards for the first four or five months of '06 have been particularly easy for us to land on both SkyTeam and *A carriers.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:09 am
vsv

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Plat, Alaska MVPG
One skysaver economy JFK-GIG in March 06 1st week

Thanks ecaarch and monitor for the welcome,

I learned about the EWR-SIN direct flight only a couple of months ago and tried to get those instead of the SIN-FRA-JFK, but there was no availability around the dates I was looking for. Was even happier when i learned (again right hear on FT) that SQ has the connexion internet access systems available on the JFK-SIN route - give me the internet and i couldnt care less about the IFE

Seems to be the case that for the SQ NYC-SIN biz class tix, the 331 day mark is your best bet - if you dont get them then, you are at the mercy of cancellations from others.

Also scored a skysaver ticket to GIG in early march 06 (03/02 to 03/09) (right after the carnival - am not big on crowds) - personally I think it is a great value for 50K miles.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 8:04 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 1, 2005, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Scored a SkySaver from JFK to FCO direct on 8/8 and VCE-ATL-LGA on 8/23. Currently waitlisted for the direct flight from VCE-JFK.

It was like pulling teeth with the Delta agents though.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:30 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 1, 2005, 11:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Hmmm... In this milepost 21 of this thread you said that there is no availability. Anyway, did you get BE or Y?
I got coach seats but wanted bizelite.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Woohoo! Scored a Skysaver on Delta. Wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I did get it within 48 hours of the flight.

Wanted AVL - EWR departing on a Th and returning on Sun. Th had plenty of availability, but Sunday had no SkySaver. Monday morning did.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:34 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Emirates

For a March 2005 JFK-DXB trip, I had no problem getting 2 F seats two months out. Even was able to change the dates three weeks later. (Wife is also Platinum, so don't know if that had anything to do with it.) Surprised and delighted...

BTW, EK F is far superior to SQ F, but you have to adjust to the service. Rather than being a constant presence as on SQ F, EK F expects you to pick up the phone and ask if you want something. Took me 8 hours into the flight to figure that one out.

Haven't really had any problems getting F or J tix outside of summer, except that EWR-SIN J is very difficult. And AF F is very easy within a few days of departure (if you don't need to plan).
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
I got 2 VS Upper Class tix JFK-LHR for my first choice of dates next April (better book 'em now!) Availability of UC tix seemed to be quite good around April and May...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.