Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I think that it is clear that the opening post should be made by Canarsie. Not only did he begin the lounge after plagiarizing it from the Cholula Spam thread but any post he makes will be so full of puns that it will provide kipper with the opportunity to multi-groan it.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:57 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads
Apparently I've misinterpreted the groan. In no way am I suggesting that Kipper's posts aren't witty or punny.

Originally Posted by jrl767
just imagine kipper awarding one of her own posts a groan
LOL
Originally Posted by Dovster
I think that it is clear that the opening post should be made by Canarsie. Not only did he begin the lounge after plagiarizing it from the Cholula Spam thread but any post he makes will be so full of puns that it will provide kipper with the opportunity to multi-groan it.
I like that idea.
Old May 25, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
http://www.businessinsider.com/victo...boeing-767s-21

Requiescant in pace, but somebody should tell them the DC-10 only has 3 engines.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:42 am

Morning everyone!
Old May 26, 2017, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Morning everyone!
Morning! Heading to DC today, then WV. Of course, it's supposed to rain all weekend
Old May 26, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Morning! Heading to DC today, then WV. Of course, it's supposed to rain all weekend
I'm driving to Lexington, KY via WV tomorrow. Should be so much fun.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
First flight of the year tomorrow! Something about that seems very wrong.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that's very wrong indeed ... I"m already at 50
Old May 26, 2017, 11:25 am

Do we get to count segments? I've taken fewer trips than usual, but have been loading myself up on segments more than ever - chasing both WN and AS status this year. I've flown less than 1000 miles on DL, a few segments of 175 miles each...

Since then I've been cobbling together segment runs (sometimes including mattress runs) every time I head out west. Five legs to Vegas then two to SLC coming up next week, 'only' four back to DAB... This one's awfully ambitious, I'm hoping any delays are AA's fault and I end up with a shortened trip and ORC from AS.

I'm enjoying Alaska. Super simple status match, WN-level cancellation/change policy, some surprisingly valuable awards... Of course, I haven't actually flown an Alaska mainline trip yet! I've had a handful of crash crate flights with Horizon (made tolerable with free booze service) but next week will be my first VX flight and my first 'real' AS flight. Their lounge thread is boring, though =(
Old May 26, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm flying AS for the first time in July (well, SkyWest) and just re-fared down for $14 credit x 2 pax ^

Originally Posted by synergistic
Their lounge thread is boring, though =(
Yeah, but it's in the thread title, so you can't really complain about being misled
Old May 26, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
19 segments for me so far, not including award travel. Six revenue segments currently booked, along with about four award segments.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:22 pm

Why are we doing this? Oh well, no one's forcing me

Segments flown this year: 23 DL, 3 CI, 2 WN

Scheduled: 8 DL plus 1 each AS, VX, B6
Old May 26, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Why WV?
Old May 26, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Why WV?
Just a long weekend getaway sort of thing. Planning on visiting Green Bank Observatory and taking a scenic train ride:

http://mountainrailwv.com/
Old May 26, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I've been cobbling together segment runs (sometimes including mattress runs) every time I head out west. Five legs to Vegas then two to SLC coming up next week, 'only' four back to DAB... This one's awfully ambitious....
I remember doing more than a few of those (4 or 5 segments each way on a TCON) ... fun (well, sorta) at the time, but I doubt I'd do it now unless there was a really compelling reason

I'm enjoying Alaska. .., WN-level cancellation/change policy, some surprisingly valuable awards
^^
DL PM plus AS MVPG has been a great combination for me the past couple years with basically 2x/month WAS<-->LAX/SEA and the occasional SEA<-->LAX

Of course, I haven't actually flown an Alaska mainline trip yet! but next week will be my first VX flight and my first 'real' AS flight.
enjoy VX (hope you had decent seats to choose from; that's my only gripe so far with the merger) and let us know if AS is really "North of expected"
I've had a handful of crash crate flights with Horizon (made tolerable with free booze service)
c'mon, I like the Q400 ... much more interesting to see the view from 21000 feet than from 37000 feet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.