Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by synergistic
Scratch all that about a rough week traveling - Papa took a tumble and now the SO is flying home for a few days instead. $193 lost and over $300 in travel funds created. So it goes - shitshow commences in T-33 hours. May my liver forgive me.
Oh, no! Hope he improves and it isn't serious!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by synergistic
On the upside, we don't have to pay for a hotel room or a rental car, actually works out a lot cheaper (and more fun!) than four nights in SLC.
I hope the "fun" all works out well!

----

Low visibility in JFK led to 3 hours of ground stop in BWI followed by a crew timeout just after we had finished boarding and gone through the safety demonstration rebooked through ATL instead, so if anyone else is going to be there this afternoon, let me know
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
No clue where to ask and a cursory search proved fruitless.

If I purchased a W fare TPAC route can you use miles to upgrade? The ATL-ICN-ATL portion is on DL metal.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
No clue where to ask and a cursory search proved fruitless.

If I purchased a W fare TPAC route can you use miles to upgrade? The ATL-ICN-ATL portion is on DL metal.
What's your underlying fate class? Has to be K or higher. It should be on your receipt, or you can call to find out.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by WWads
What's your underlying fate class? Has to be K or higher. It should be on your receipt, or you can call to find out.
Thanks. It is K.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
Thanks. It is K.
80K miles each way.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:03 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
long-term followup:

Originally Posted by jrl767
​​​​I am so disappointed with this on so many levels:[LIST=1][*]SFO SC DKWYMI (doesn't know who your mom is) (even though I think it's a safe bet that you're on their Known Traveler list )
I guess they KWIA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-club.html
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Looks like I had a flight number change on an upcoming trip. The aircraft type and flight times are unaffected. However, I'm now showing as being in First on fare class RY (was RP) and seating in 10A/10C on an MD-88. The other flights on the itinerary have also changed from RP/OP to RY/OY, but the seats are actually in First (and the same seats I originally picked). Weird.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it's Schedule Change Saturday, so this will probably resolve itself in the next few hours
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
it's Schedule Change Saturday, so this will probably resolve itself in the next few hours
I first noticed it yesterday. I was going to call Delta because I couldn't change my seat in the app, but I was able to move back to row 2 on delta.com just now.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by WWads
80K miles each way.
Holy hell. New to DL SM and see where it gets the Sky Pesos name now.

Have flown F in CX on many segments for 70000 AS miles over the years.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Looks like I had a flight number change on an upcoming trip. The aircraft type and flight times are unaffected. However, I'm now showing as being in First on fare class RY (was RP) and seating in 10A/10C on an MD-88. The other flights on the itinerary have also changed from RP/OP to RY/OY, but the seats are actually in First (and the same seats I originally picked). Weird.
I'm pretty sure these are the new codes for upgrades.

C+ "upgrade" is SY or something like that if I remember correctly
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:22 am

48 hours of silence!! The horror!

Many thanks for all the good wishes - my dad is fine, I'm just very good at worrying and didn't want to be across the country without reliable local backup in case a small issue turns into something scary. My SO and I had a wonderful weekend together, and I was able to talk an angel from American into refunding the outbound leg - completely unexpected and incredibly appreciated.

Which, in a roundabout way, leads to me currently sitting in the MCO club, three doubles deep (yes, I know it's early here, please don't judge) finding out that my ride won't be landing this afternoon as anticipated. I have someone who can come get me in the evening, or I can try to catch a shuttle and then an uber this afternoon. Decisions, decisions... I know me well, though, and so if anyone happens to be passing through MCO before 7p today, you know where to find me ;-)
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:56 pm

Flying Delta DTW->CDG->BOM Aug. 5th. While I can pick seats from DTW->CDG, all seats on CDG->DTW flights are extra money. Does that mean I can't pick seats on that leg?
Same for BOM->CDG. It won't let me pick seats but picked seats for CDG->DTW

Also, what is the difference between Hindu Veg. and Asian Veg. meal? I'm looking for veg. Indian meals on the flight. Also, for my boys they want something veg. but pasta or ravioli. What meal should I pick for them?

Please and Thank you
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning everyone! I'm happy to be another year older today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.