Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Power went out at work and doesn't show signs of coming back on any time soon. Snow day!

Although now I have to walk down 9 flights of stairs.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
probably beats walking up nine flights ...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
probably beats walking up nine flights ...
Some of us do that too, occasionally, just for the exercise (one co-worker was doing it every day upon arriving for work in the morning but I think he stopped doing it now).

For me, now "very occasionally"
Old Jun 14, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Went out for sushi for the wife's birthday last night. Going out to a nice steakhouse for our anniversary tonight. The bar is supposed to be impressive as well, so I plan to get there early for our reservation to have a drink downstairs before we head upstairs to the restaurant. The sushi was pretty good for this part of the country, but steak is distinctly more Texan. Between that and the fact that this place is expensive and gets reviews saying it's worth every penny, I'm excited for this meal.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Travelomania
I will be on a 5-segment int. itinerary with relatively short layovers.
Will it be possible to through-check baggage to the final destination ?

BTW, on another 5-segment last month, I was told "only 4 segments possible" at check-in.
Is this correct ?
- Own answer confirmed again to second question: YES
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
at the skyclub after closing, because there's a bunch of delayed flights today.. the airport employees are digging the thai soup, so i had to try it.. they know the good stuff!

(another $29 all-you-can-drink-while-waiting-out-a-delay-on-another-carrier skyclub visit... the delta platinum amex does more for me when i'm not flying delta! really, PHL-DTW-BOS would be more stupid than waiting out this jetblue delay..)

(sigh. amtrak would have been the right answer today. i'm on B6, coworker's on AA, we're both going to get home later than the sane amtrak option from our meeting a 2 minute walk from 30th street station...)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:35 am

spotted a car in Mountain View, CA this evening that had CA plates but the license plate holder frame said "Ourisman / Chantilly" -- someone drove a long way
Old Jun 15, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by Zorak
spotted a car in Mountain View, CA this evening that had CA plates but the license plate holder frame said "Ourisman / Chantilly" -- someone drove a long way
starting next month, observant Seattle folks may make the same comment when they see the "Don Beyer Volvo - Dulles" frame on my car ... I'm down to my last week in VA; my wife arrives Tues night and we hit the road on our TCON drive early Thurs morning
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
starting next month, observant Seattle folks may make the same comment when they see the "Don Beyer Volvo - Dulles" frame on my car ... I'm down to my last week in VA; my wife arrives Tues night and we hit the road on our TCON drive early Thurs morning
Stopping anywhere interesting along the way?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Stopping anywhere interesting along the way?
we're taking the northern route: Niagara Falls, Ontario Ferry across the mouth of Georgian Bay, re-enter the US at Sault Ste Marie, drive along the Upper Peninsula ... my wife's great-grandparents settled in north-central Minnesota after immigrating from Norway, so she wants to scope out a couple small towns associated with her mom's family history ... then across North Dakota (the only state I haven't yet visited) and Montana, a couple nights in the Glacier Park area, finally home via Going-to-the-Sun Highway and North Cascades Highway

current plan is to meet davetravels for lunch in Pittsburgh the first day, which I guess also qualifies as "interesting"
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:24 am

App said SJC-LAS was on time, then I got to the gate and it pinged and said now leaving an hour late. The Internets said the inbound from LAX was canceled went up to the gate where the display was still showing on-time and asked about it. "Oh! (type type type) the inbound isn't canceled though, looks like everyone's boarded so it shouldn't be too bad."

Then the delay started rolling (and FR24 still said the inbound was canceled). Then the app pinged me again and said back to on time -- seemed like ops did a tail swap to let us go out on time and delay the SJC-LAX return ^

Noticed a UA GS tag in the overhead (family of 4 in F)

Still have to work remotely today but at least the weekend is here!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
CRJ900 C+ now features lie-flat seats.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
CRJ900 C+ now features lie-flat seats.
psshh, 75S C+ has had lie-flats for almost a year now:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post26959181

Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:27 am

Had forgotten about this until the discussion about using screenshots to board in the other thread -- last week after a SDC and then putting myself on the volunteer list for VDB my boarding pass disappeared from the app and said I didn't have an electronic ticket the GA said "don't worry, I'll take care of you" but never did get around to issuing me a BP (we were held back from boarding until the last second to see whether the VDBs would be needed)

So when I got to the gate (different GA was working the scanner) I said "I've always wanted to try this" and scanned my Sky Club membership card. I remembered a thread where someone, maybe Widgets, said this would work, and a followup saying someone else tried this and it crashed the scanner system but in my case it worked! The printer spat out a seat assignment slip in the usual fashion ^
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
we're taking the northern route: Niagara Falls, Ontario Ferry across the mouth of Georgian Bay, re-enter the US at Sault Ste Marie, drive along the Upper Peninsula ... my wife's great-grandparents settled in north-central Minnesota after immigrating from Norway, so she wants to scope out a couple small towns associated with her mom's family history ... then across North Dakota (the only state I haven't yet visited) and Montana, a couple nights in the Glacier Park area, finally home via Going-to-the-Sun Highway and North Cascades Highway

current plan is to meet davetravels for lunch in Pittsburgh the first day, which I guess also qualifies as "interesting"
Sounds like a fun trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.