Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You bet you will.

Enjoy it while you can, my friend.

--------------------------------------

Admit it — you had to look it up first...
I know it won't take long either. Can I just go ahead and make my mistake in this post and get it over with?

I knew yours was wrong but yes, I looked up the correct spelling.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 1:00 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
So I was bored this evening and was clicking around SeatGuru and had a question about something. How can Alaska Airlines fit 16 F seats with 36-37" pitch and 144 Y seats with 32" pitch, but DL only fits 16 F seats with 38" pitch and 134 Y seats with 31" pitch? I know that some of DLs 738s don't have seats on the back port side, but even if those were added back in, it would be 138 Y, but still with 31" pitch. I know, dorky question, but I can’t help it.

Anyway, how was the rest of y'alls night?

And now back to regular lounge programming....
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:10 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:43 am
Old Nov 1, 2005, 6:24 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Greetings from my happy place

ahhhhhh.....watching the sunrise from MSP E15....always a good place cause I am going home if I am here. Not sure what is going on here this morning but man was the GA and the TSA people chit chatty and almost "perky" this morning. And being I am not a morning person I had planned to sleep walk at least til CVG *smile*.

To my esteemed candidate, thanks for your nice words and I second what you said, whatever will be on the results will be, but it was a heck of a fun ride and I would do it again in a heartbeat (no that is not volunteering for whatever adventure you guys dream up next, although a run at POTUS might be fun *smile*, I can see it now the other candidates would be on their "no new taxes" campaigns and Cholula would be promising no FF mile cuts and the return of linen in first. And can you imagine the rehab of AF1 if he was POTUS.

Anyway, to all the candidates, I know some of you thought of us as the "pushy and obnoxious signature campaign" but hey we had fun and that's what counted. Congrats to those who win, regrets to those who didnt.

To those who humored us and played along with adopting the signatures and pushing the vote, thanks!!!

To those who voted for Cholula...THANK YOU. For those who didn't, well, what can I say except there is no accounting for poor taste *smile*.

Oh and that $1000 I believe Dov intercepted the package and it is funding his and traveller's trist this week!!!!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
ISo I did like I would at home, go to grocery store, well I just learned in MN anything with pseudoephedrine in it gets locked up here and you have to take the little plastic tag to the pharmacy and get it,
I wannnna go home!!!!!!
Loverly Lehava, I just attended a pharmacy law seminar to keep up my license (don't ask me why, I haven't filled a Rx in 25 years...but Mrs M makes me keep license and pay fees every year)

Pseudoepherine is the main component of Methamphetamine...Every state will be going to this behind the counter proceedure. Eventually, sooner than later, it will probably be taken off the market.

Watch out if you buy Sudafed... They now make Sudafed PE... PE is phenylepherine which makes a lot of people jittery, hearts race etc.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
I realize the reason but if locking up my aleve is the best way we can stop the manufacture of meth we are in BIG trouble. We are spending zillions on supposed drug policies and my aleve is the solution. Sorry, getting omni-esqe and that wasnt my point.

Just found the two situations a humorous irony!
Most pseudoephedrine products in any kind of store..pharmacy, food marts etc...is shoplifted...not sold

This helps keep margins on Meth much higher. Even they have bean counters looking over their shoulders
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Red face

Originally Posted by mikey1003
PE is phenylepherine which makes a lot of people jittery, hearts race etc.
Hey, that's the same effect that Dovster has on the Delta Dames™.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by Cholula
I think that's Amish country as well.
Wonder why the Amish are so fascinated with blue balls??
Nope, not in SE OH. There's Mennonites and Old Order Brethren down in that neck of the OH woods. Run damn good homestyle restaurants with fantastic pie. The amish are more NE OH and Indiana.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
Originally Posted by mikey1003
Most pseudoephedrine products in any kind of store..pharmacy, food marts etc...is shoplifted...not sold

This helps keep margins on Meth much higher. Even they have bean counters looking over their shoulders
So basically, it's the same theory as making honest people go through the hoops to get a gun, while criminals get them illegally.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by Modapa
So basically, it's the same theory as making honest people go through the hoops to get a gun, while criminals get them illegally.
sorta like a pharmaceutical shoe carnival, ain't it.....
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:21 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Modapa
But remember the bullets are free on fridays (sorry that just makes me laugh as something for a store to give away free).
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:56 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I would like to be the first to congratulate newly-elected TalkBoard member, friend, and Delta forum regular Cholula on his successful victory.

Congratulations, Cholula!

Let the champagne — er...hot sauce — flow!!!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
It is now official -- we have the single best qualified F/Ter on TalkBoard. Not only that, but Cholula will be joining me!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:04 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Congratulations not only to Cholula, but also our dear Gleff
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Congratulations not only to Cholula, but also our dear Gleff
Thank you, obscure2k.

I accidentally glefft him out of my public congratulations, as I privately congratulated gleff and thought I already publicly congratulated him when I really publicly congratulated Cholula but just realized that I did not privately congratulate him when I privately congratulated gleff after publicly congratulating him, so I suppose I need to privately congratulate Cholula since I publicly congratulated gleff after privately congratulating him after I publicly congratulated Cholula.

--------------------------------------

Win tickets for life at delta.com

So whoever does not win the tickets dies?!?...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.