Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Glad to see the Lounge open.

Missed the camraderie - it seems to be what sets the DL forum apart from other drier fora.

And I think it should be stated for the record, before anyone gets cranky and accuses anyone of cliqishness (is that a word?), that I am certain that anyone of any stripe, color, pattern, weave, fora allegiance, FF program alliance, political persuasion, personal orientation, gender, nationality, ability, diability, employment status, etc., etc., etc., will be more than welcome here.

Cholula available at TOPS grocer in CLE.

DL confession - now in midst of RTW on *Alliance. Transatlantic leg on UA had its +s/-s. FA were excellent. Food was far better than DL. No bottled water though (made me cranky), and it was THE most uncomfortably BE seat I've ever sat in. Hardly slept and had to head right from airport to work.

Re-thinking dividing my loyalties.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JHattery
DL confession - now in midst of RTW on *Alliance. Transatlantic leg on UA had its +s/-s. FA were excellent. Food was far better than DL. No bottled water though (made me cranky), and it was THE most uncomfortably BE seat I've ever sat in. Hardly slept and had to head right from airport to work.
You're good at this, JHattery! How did you manage to combine an RTW with work?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:58 pm

Cholula, when will we get the garlic CHS in Central Texas? I haven't seen it here yet but am anxiously awaiting its debut...

And JHattery, the no bottled water (or rather the giant bottles of water that I suspect are refilled at the galley sink, ick) is one of my major pet peeves with AA, the airline I use most when not on DL.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MMMinTX
Cholula, when will we get the garlic CHS in Central Texas? I haven't seen it here yet but am anxiously awaiting its debut...

It's being tested in several Western states as well as in central and south Florida.
If the test goes well.....and I'm kinda out of the loop on that nowadays ^....the national rollout will be early 2006. And Texas will be one of the first markets for the rollout.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:17 pm

Thanks for the update, and congrats on being out of the loop, hope you are enjoying yourself!
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Talking

Thanks for the update, and congrats on being out of the loop, hope you are enjoying yourself!
Does anyone here actually think that Cholula has ever been in the loop?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium

Thanks! And since the most critical thing I have to do everyday is to decide where I'm going on my next vacation, I guess you could say I'm enjoying myself.

Originally Posted by mikey1003
Does anyone here actually think that Cholula has ever been in the loop?

Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveller
I have been getting a measly 2000 MQMs a week (sometimes 1000 or 1500 if flying direct flights from MCO). I earn PM the hard way, not with cushy BE flights from CVG-ANC.
Hold on...there aren't any BE flights to ANC and no non-stops from CVG-ANC. And besides, I didn't get to ANC this year. And it was you that missed out on the CRD MQMs.

Originally Posted by DLfan
You've got nothing to be ashamed of Lehava, at least not as long as indufan posts here.
So sometimes the wrong word gets typed.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I am quite happy that The Lounge has already welcomed 38 unique visitors in its brief period, and that every visitor is being welcomed.

Now all I have to do is catch up on the rest of this thread thus far.

Do I dare?...
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Do I dare?...
Welcome back Canarsie. Come on in and get comfortable. We've been talking about you while you were out.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Do I dare?...
It just hasn't been the same without you. Glad to have you back.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by JHattery
And I think it should be stated for the record, before anyone gets cranky and accuses anyone of cliqishness (is that a word?), that I am certain that anyone of any stripe, color, pattern, weave, fora allegiance, FF program alliance, political persuasion, personal orientation, gender, nationality, ability, diability, employment status, etc., etc., etc., will be more than welcome here.
I just wanted to add that Dovster is even welcomed here.

Someone please remind me to pack the bottle of Cholula Garlic Sauce I bought for Dov. I'll be packing for ATH and TLV in 2 weeks!!! Hey, can I take this bottle of "food" to another country or will I get caught and have to pay a fine. Can I take ground up coffee beans?

Indufan, how's the IPOD doing? I love mine, especially for those noisy kid filled MCO flights.

I just came home from Circuit City. Dropped some more money on a digital camera. This "free" vacation is sure costing me alot of money.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I'll be packing for ATH and TLV in 2 weeks!!! Hey, can I take this bottle of "food" to another country or will I get caught and have to pay a fine. Can I take ground up coffee beans?
Neither should be a problem in either Greece or Israel (but being part of the EU, Greece does have a limit on how much coffee you can bring in.)

Incidentally, don't worry about bringing your own coffee beans to Israel. You can get great coffee here, in a lot of varieties, and even buy beans to blend and grind your own mix.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I was going to bring a travel coffee maker unless both hotels have coffee pots, and I haven't figured that out yet. I can't stand getting ready in the morning without a cup or 2 of coffee. I usually bring just a little coffee grounds to get started the first day and then will buy some.

I'll try to find out if JFK has any smoking rooms and get back to you on that Dov.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I'll try to find out if JFK has any smoking rooms and get back to you on that Dov.
You should find your answer in the Terminal 3 Departures area. Go to the Samuel Adams Bar near the food court. It used to be the only place in Terminal 3 where you could have a smoke -- I hope it is still allowed there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.