Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
So where is everyone tonight?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Lehava, now that the election is over, isn't it time for you to remove your signature block and admit the truth?

You supported the bum for the same reason that I did -- we were bribed with thousands of bottles of hot sauce.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Lehava
So where is everyone tonight?
Well, Traveller went off to Europe on us.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goheelswks
Hope the Lounge was the right place to post this--good thread idea! @:-)
Of course this is the right place, goheelswks!

Welcome to The Lounge! Please stop by again anytime you like!

Hopefully you will find someone to accompany you at the airport in Atlanta...
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Dovster
Lehava, now that the election is over, isn't it time for you to remove your signature block and admit the truth?

You supported the bum for the same reason that I did -- we were bribed with thousands of bottles of hot sauce.
Election isnt over til midnight as far as I know (although could be wrong on that). So the signature stays.

I was not paid one single drop of hot sauce for my services and can swear that on a stack of bibles.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I can't believe it! DL just changed my PBI-JFK flight for a fourth time. This time, they rescheduled it for 20 minutes later.

The timing doesn't bother me but each time this play this game they take away my aisle exit row and I have to call them to get it fixed again!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought he was a fink and not a bum?

I can't believe it! DL just changed my PBI-JFK flight for a fourth time. This time, they rescheduled it for 20 minutes later.

The timing doesn't bother me but each time this play this game they take away my aisle exit row and I have to call them to get it fixed again!
Just go for 43B and call it a day.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Election isnt over til midnight as far as I know (although could be wrong on that). So the signature stays.

I was not paid one single drop of hot sauce for my services and can swear that on a stack of bibles.
An honest campaign manager....rare in this day and age.

Nite all
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:26 pm
In memoriam

My education continues

I am learning where I live is either very sheltered or I am lucky...tonights saga cold and sinus medicine. Realized I was out of my Aleve cold and sinus, and running out is NOT good (it is all that keeps my ears from being ruined flying). So I did like I would at home, go to grocery store, well I just learned in MN anything with pseudoephedrine in it gets locked up here and you have to take the little plastic tag to the pharmacy and get it, but Mr. Pharmacy leaves at 9 so you are SOL. So sent off to a 24 hour pharmacy located on the next planet, finally get there and have to provide 2 forms of id and they have to log that I bought 1 box of 10 tablets. Now this may not seem like a biggie, but let me point out right across the street from the pharmacy happened to be a gander mtn store *rolling eyes*(see previous post on this).

So the moral of the story children is in the midwest it is easier to get a free boxes of bullets than to buy a dose of sinus medicine!!!!!!!!!!!! What country am I in????????????

I wannnna go home!!!!!!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

I am learning where I live is either very sheltered or I am lucky...tonights saga cold and sinus medicine. Realized I was out of my Aleve cold and sinus, and running out is NOT good (it is all that keeps my ears from being ruined flying). So I did like I would at home, go to grocery store, well I just learned in MN anything with pseudoephedrine in it gets locked up here and you have to take the little plastic tag to the pharmacy and get it, but Mr. Pharmacy leaves at 9 so you are SOL. So sent off to a 24 hour pharmacy located on the next planet, finally get there and have to provide 2 forms of id and they have to log that I bought 1 box of 10 tablets. Now this may not seem like a biggie, but let me point out right across the street from the pharmacy happened to be a gander mtn store *rolling eyes*(see previous post on this).

So the moral of the story children is in the midwest it is easier to get a free boxes of bullets than to buy a dose of sinus medicine!!!!!!!!!!!! What country am I in????????????

I wannnna go home!!!!!!
Similar laws concerning pseudophedrine have recently been passed in the state of Georgia.

This is to make it more difficult to acquire pseudophedrine, which is a key ingredient used to illegally manufacture methamphetamine.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Similar laws concerning pseudophedrine have recently been passed in the state of Georgia.

This is to make it more difficult to acquire pseudophedrine, which is a key ingredient used to illegally manufacture methamphetamine.
I realize the reason but if locking up my aleve is the best way we can stop the manufacture of meth we are in BIG trouble. We are spending zillions on supposed drug policies and my aleve is the solution. Sorry, getting omni-esqe and that wasnt my point.

Just found the two situations a humorous irony!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

I guess you will just have to give it a shot and “bite the bullet” on this one...
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canarsie

And many other states as well as this is a huge national problem. But in states other than Georgia it's pseudoephedrine. You don't know how much pleasure pointing that out brings me but I will pay for it later.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by goheelswks
Hope the Lounge was the right place to post this--good thread idea! @:-)

goheelswks, as the unofficial WalMart-like greeter around here, let me add my welcome to Canarsie's! Hope to see you around here a lot more.
And for those reading this Forum and not posting, EVERYBODY is welcome here! We're getting just a little sick of the same old jokes and some new blood is always welcome and encouraged.

You go girl!! What a campaign manager!!
Win or lose, she's been superb.
That's my official statement.
If I "lose", however, I'm going to kick her butt from here to Des Moines.
Seriously, I have zero idea how this election will end but it's been a lot of fun and laughs and I sincerely appreciate everybody's help, support and encouragement.
Even Dovster's.

I'll attest to that.
But, hey, what did you do with the $1,000 check I Fed'exed to you last week to cover "Miscellaneous Campaign Entertainment" ??

Last edited by Cholula; Oct 31, 2005 at 10:07 pm
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indufan
You don't know how much pleasure pointing that out brings me but I will pay for it later.
You bet you will.

Enjoy it while you can, my friend.

--------------------------------------

Admit it — you had to look it up first...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.