Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The pleasure was all mine, Lehava, but I would not exactly use the term “fighting” for you. Although it took time, it was simply a matter of explaining the case for a thread such as this one, and the response was rather receptive.

I am glad this thread is serving yet another purpose, although some might say that that is the purpose of the FlyerTalk chat function.

Anyway, you have not touched that stack of grilled cheese sandwiches sitting over there, freshly prepared just for you by Tom, Brad, and the still-unnamed sweaty Italian concrete construction guy...
Canarsie dear they may have been receptive in the end but a bunch of us recall the "receptivity" early on to the idea (I think I still have a bruise or two). And cool on the grilled cheese, now which mini do they go with *smile* (actually just had the one split, cant afford to drink my way through the mini bar, but it would be a fun game)

Oh and on unnamed sweaty guy, we arent naming him cause then people will talk to him and he'll talk and we didnt want him here to share what is on his mind *smile*

and what is the flyer talk chat function?

Last edited by Lehava; Oct 29, 2005 at 10:37 pm
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lehava
and what is the flyer talk chat function?
Go to Extras at the top and select Live Chat...

----------------------------------

You heard it here first, and I am being totally serious: According to a source from whom I have been told personally, Delta Air Lines will eventually stop providing the premium class cabin with the rigid plastic “glasses”, citing the reason that “they are not big enough”.

Instead, the regular plastic cups used in the economy class cabin will be used.

By the way, the company that manufactures those plastic cups is a client of mine...
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors lackey
In this case, yes.

However, this is always the case if it involves the Dovster...That is pretty rude of you to refer to Modapa as merely “this”...

Well, I've been looking at myself in the mirror, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a "this"....female, for sure. At least I have all the right parts to be considered female

Well, I guess I'd better figure out the right time of day, so I can NOT give it to Dovster.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Modapa
At least I have all the right parts to be considered female
This information cannot be officially verified unless Dovster personally performs the inspection...
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:55 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
with the rigid plastic “glasses”, citing the reason that “they are not big enough”.

Instead, the regular plastic cups used in the economy class cabin will be used..
so is Delta trying to help us here theoretically (in their minds) by giving us larger plastic cups, or cut costs cause they will need less FA's to fill them cause they wont have to refill them as often? I'm not remembering the economy ones being larger
Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Modapa
Well, I've been looking at myself in the mirror, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a "this"....
"This" meant Mo's statement, not her.

so is Delta trying to help us here theoretically (in their minds) by giving us larger plastic cups, or cut costs cause they will need less FA's to fill them cause they wont have to refill them as often? I'm not remembering the economy ones being larger
Hey, Diet Coke tastes the same to me no matter if it's in rigid plastic, soft plastic or glass. Actually, I prefer the can.

Last edited by Traveller; Oct 29, 2005 at 11:02 pm
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:09 pm
In memoriam

FT Chat

ok did "we" (the collective group who has done aim chats together) know about that flyer chat function when we were looking for something everyone could use, cause I sure didnt. Had no clue that was there. Now I have learned 2 things tonight - 1) cheap blueberry muffins are good wiht champagne and 2) FT has a chat room, cool on both.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok did "we" (the collective group who has done aim chats together) know about that flyer chat function when we were looking for something everyone could use, cause I sure didnt.
Yes "we" knew. You said you wanted something you could go back and read later. You also said that a chat room wasn't a good idea because people usually weren't online at the same time. Maybe you said those things when you had a few bottles of bubbly?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Traveller
Yes "we" knew. You said you wanted something you could go back and read later. You also said that a chat room wasn't a good idea because people usually weren't online at the same time. Maybe you said those things when you had a few bottles of bubbly?
No I didnt mean in place of a website, the aim chats when were on, anyway, no I didnt know it was there.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

It is now 1:58am on my computer and on FT.

hehe

Last edited by Traveller; Oct 30, 2005 at 12:01 am Reason: to see the fact that I edited it before I posted it.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Red face

It is now 1am on my computer and on FT.

I have to admit that this was a pretty boring test... I don't know if it was worth staying up for.

Last edited by Traveller; Oct 30, 2005 at 12:03 am
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:27 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
It is now 1am on my computer and on FT.

I have to admit that this was a pretty boring test... I don't know if it was worth staying up for.
But through your sacrifice Traveller, you made FT a better and more knowledgeable place, and we will forever be indebted to you.

On a completely different note, I think I solved DL's financial problems. What they need to do is take all of the soda cans they use inflight and fly them to Michigan and then turn them into the recycling places and collect the $0.10/can! They could make gazillions!!!

Ok, so maybe not the best idea, but every little bit helps, right?

I'm sorry, its late and its either posting on FT or reading about labor economics, so of course I chose FT.

Edited to add: I just realized that my FT clock did not reset. It is currently 1:30am (round 2) on the west coast, but my FT says its 2:30am. Very interesting....

Last edited by tbangs; Oct 30, 2005 at 2:31 am
Old Oct 30, 2005, 3:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
City.......Temp...Weather

Tel Aviv 20-15 גשם מקומי

*Does גשם מקומי mean I'm gonna freeze????
It means that under Israeli law you are required to have sex with me.

(Actually, it means "localized rain" but I like my translation better.)
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tbangs
...On a completely different note, I think I solved DL's financial problems. What they need to do is take all of the soda cans they use inflight and fly them to Michigan and then turn them into the recycling places and collect the $0.10/can! They could make gazillions!!!

Ok, so maybe not the best idea, but every little bit helps, right?...
You sound like Kramer solving his and Newman's financial problems on the Seinfeld episode called "The Michigan Bottle Scam."
...During Hurricane Wilma on Monday, my electricity went off just long enough for me to have to reset all my clocks. ...-
Gee. Your power went off. Enough so that you needed to reset your clocks? What an inconvenience. Almost as bad as at our place in South Palm, where the power has been off ever since Wilma made her visit.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbangs
But through your sacrifice Traveller, you made FT a better and more knowledgeable place, and we will forever be indebted to you.
Well now the time is wrong on the bottom of FT for me. It says it's 10:43am, not 9:43 am. And the post I made at 2am that displayed 1am last night, now says 2am. I guess I have to go change my time on FT.

Originally Posted by monitor
Gee. Your power went off. Enough so that you needed to reset your clocks? What an inconvenience. Almost as bad as at our place in South Palm, where the power has been off ever since Wilma made her visit.
I didn't mean to downplay the horror in South Florida, Monitor. Sorry. I was just explaining a stupid thing I did.

Edited to add: Okay, I am so confused..... the time on FT on the bottom of my screen fixed itself......

Last edited by Traveller; Oct 30, 2005 at 8:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.