Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Howste
You must have been thinking of Canarsie's evil twin Carnalsie.
It was meant to be spelled with the extra "r". I've been trying periodically to reinsert it for more than a decade.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by kipper
There are times owning .75 acres of land is too much... I spent Friday night and this afternoon mowing the lawn and planting flowers.
You could get a goat but then you wouldn't have any flowers.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jackplum
You could get a goat but then you wouldn't have any flowers.
I could, but then we'd have to deal with goat poo.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by tearsplash
Before I start one, is there a thread for requesting/offering DL lounge invitations? This exists in a few other airline forums but a search of this one did not turn anything up.

In my case I am flying VS from LHR-JFK on 24th April and was hoping that maybe a DL status holder might be in the VS LHR Clubhouse on the same day and would be kind enough to guest me in!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-listings.html

It should be a sticky really
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Suggest that to the mods.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
So the cabin is musty?
Haha, oops

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Marijuana laced Altoids???

-J.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
What's wrong with Marijuana laced Altoids?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
good morning from Seattle

I just received an email from Delta congratulating me on accumulating my millionth mile ... so I guess it's time to go look for a new rollaboard bag

I'd appreciate any opinions as to the Tumi vs Hartmann options ... thx in advance!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
There are times owning .75 acres of land is too much... I spent Friday night and this afternoon mowing the lawn and planting flowers.
I would pity you, but your .75 acres would fit on my lot with room to spare. I find that the mowing goes much faster now with a 52" zero turn radius riding mower...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jrl767

I just received an email from Delta congratulating me on accumulating my millionth mile ... so I guess it's time to go look for a new rollaboard bag

I'd appreciate any opinions as to the Tumi vs Hartmann options ... thx in advance!
I have a Hartmann, but the Tumi wasn't an option when I hit one million. I can't really compare it to the Tumi toiletry bag I have from a transpac flight.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Congratulations to you, jrl767...
I would pity you, but your .75 acres would fit on my lot with room to spare. I find that the mowing goes much faster now with a 52" zero turn radius riding mower...
...but I believe what Howste is attempting to say is that if he were in your situation, he would choose the riding mower over the Hartmann bag...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

I don't know about Hartmann, but all of our 25+ year old Tumi stuff, which has been in constant use that entire time, is still our primary luggage. The only problem we're ever had was a broken zipper on a computer bag after about 20 years. I swapped it with a Smith & Wesson bag so now I use that as a computer carry on and the Tumi to carry a few pistols to the range.

Our rollerbags are now oversize (26") but everyone lets them through and they fit just about everywhere.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:41 pm

We picked up a 42" riding mower on Friday. It was free, and wasn't working. Mr. Kipper replaced the head gasket and while it still needs a battery, and a clutch spring, it works.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Congratulations to you, jrl767......but I believe what Howste is attempting to say is that if he were in your situation, he would choose the riding mower over the Hartmann bag...
LOL!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
What's wrong with Marijuana laced Altoids?
In some places possession of drugs can lead to death (then again, I don't know who would carry >1/2 kg of weed other than dealers...)
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Three weeks from this moment I will be done with this semester. So close, yet so far away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.