Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by rkwalton
I'm booked on a Northwest flight from NRT to SFO on the A330-200.

I'm traveling with my cat. So, while I usually want a window seat, I'm sure I'll get up a few times to go to the lavatory to check on my cat and see if she'll dare to eat or drink anything.

I've been on the NWA seat map page and 38G looks great. I don't care about speed getting off the plane. I'm going to get stopped because I have a pet.

Anyway, SeatGuru.com and SeatExpert.com have different layouts of Row 38 and 39. SeatGuru.com and the NWA site show that there are 3 seats starting with row 38. SeatExpert.com is showing that 3 seats start with row 39. I'm not really sure how much difference it really is between 38 and 39, so I've played it safe and have chosen 39G for now.

I'm thinking the NWA seat map is the best authority but I'm wondering if anyone here has flown in those seats who can let me know which site is wrong. Also, if 3 seats to a row does start in Row 38, is there a significant difference between 38G and 39G?

Thanks in advance.
I was told today by a Delta employee via the online chat that there is no difference between rows 38 and 39 and the rest of normal coach. This contradicts the seating charts of sites like Seat Guru and Airline Expert.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by jcnorway
I'm travelling with my fiancé from ATL-AMS (departs 5.20 pm) on Northwest A332 in Business Class.

We have picked 2J and 2H. Are these seats recommended by you experts, or should we pick a another couple of seats for a better experience?
After reading this thread I switched to 1H and 1J. Good choice or should we go back to 2H and 2J?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by jcnorway
After reading this thread I switched to 1H and 1J. Good choice or should we go back to 2H and 2J?
That would be my advice, especially on a day flight. On a night flight, you just want to make sure that they close the curtain so the galley lights aren't an issue in 1H.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I'm booked on EWR to AMS on seat 1J and AMS to BOM in seat 1A. On the return leg I have BOM to AMS 1A and AMS to EWR 1J.. Will the 1A seat be regretful because of the lavatory, or should I move my 1A seats to 2 J?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
1a will be fine - I like not having anyone leaning back into me. The lavs were no issue
Old Feb 3, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Some discussion on this in here, but nothing definitive...

Do people generally prefer 11C/G or 29A/B/H/J on the 332?

I'm on one LAX-NRT in March, and the last time I flew this bird was PDX-AMS. I know 29 is good, but have no experience with 11.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:03 pm

If my u/g (domestic) does not clear I am in 11G next week. I'll let you know what I think. Having looked at it before it looks good. A ton of leg room but like 29 giving up a little width for the TV and table. I have been in all the 29 seats. I hate the window because of the stupid maganize pouch that is always packed to the gills. I end up unloading it into the overhead bin.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EVA777
If my u/g (domestic) does not clear I am in 11G next week. I'll let you know what I think. Having looked at it before it looks good.
Cool...Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:27 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by Stripe
Your cat will be traveling in the lavatory?
Har, har. Thanks for pointing out my sloppy writing.

No, she was in the cabin with me, but that trip was in March of that year, so I missed your reply.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Traveling with Delta. Have selected seat 10H and J. But now I read that the window view is not perfect on this seat. How bad is it really? Is it half a "window row" that is missing, or is it much more? For me it is no issue leaning a bit, but not too much.

Does anyone have a photo or a good description on how this view is? If it is too bad, we have a chance to switch seats.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
There is one missing window in this row, immediately next to the seats 10A and 10J. It's not ideal, as when sitting in these "window" seats you have to lean forward a bit to look out the window. But the other benefits of sitting in that row (especially on a long haul flight) outweigh this minor inconvenience.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
There is one missing window in this row, immediately next to the seats 10A and 10J. It's not ideal, as when sitting in these "window" seats you have to lean forward a bit to look out the window. But the other benefits of sitting in that row (especially on a long haul flight) outweigh this minor inconvenience.
Thanks, Have selected seats at row 13 instead. Window view is for us more important than the extra legroom, and row 13 is also EC.

Again, thanks.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:34 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Any thoughts on row 22 on the A330-200? How is the legroom on seats CDFG? Better/worse than 22ABHJ?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by colerc
Any thoughts on row 22 on the A330-200?
Also wondering about row 22 vs. row 10 on the A332. at 6', my priority is legroom. I recall that on the A333, my feet still hit the wall in row 10.

Does anybody know if the distance from row 10 to the bulkhead is the same on the A332 and the A333?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Anyone recent experience on the A332? Seems pretty much same to A333 except split cabin right? And the galley's still remain an issue? Any other thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.