Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:48 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
All seats have some AVOD equipment under them . . .

Originally Posted by kcnwa
Sorry, reading that I realize it was kind of vauge...

He has a laptop, and he is wondering if it is worth sitting in a non aisle w/ the entertainment equipment under his feet (would be a window seat). Or is he better sitting farther back on an aisle w/o power. Does the underseat equipment really cramp you? I know this is probably just a judgement call for him, but was wondering if any of you more seasoned flyers had a seating suggestion for him.
My choice would be to go for the window in the front cabin, that has power. BUT, with this warning: Unless he's a pretty small guy, it will be difficult to get the laptop open in coach and work with any level of comfort. Forget about it if the passenger in front reclines his seat. If he wants to watch DVDs on it though, it should be possible.

Regarding the AVOD equipment under the seats, I have not explored the entire plane, and most of the time have been lucky enough to get bulkhead seats. What I have seen however, is that they seemed to alternate; one seat would have an equipment bulge coming down from the top, allowing only shorter bags. The seat next over will have the normal height under a coach seat, but will have a bulge on one side, requiring a narrower bag to slide in under the seat.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 9:57 pm

stuff below does take a lot of space
he can try get an isle when he checks in 24 hrs most of them time.
these elite seats usually opens up for everyone then.

Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
My choice would be to go for the window in the front cabin, that has power. BUT, with this warning: Unless he's a pretty small guy, it will be difficult to get the laptop open in coach and work with any level of comfort. Forget about it if the passenger in front reclines his seat. If he wants to watch DVDs on it though, it should be possible.

Regarding the AVOD equipment under the seats, I have not explored the entire plane, and most of the time have been lucky enough to get bulkhead seats. What I have seen however, is that they seemed to alternate; one seat would have an equipment bulge coming down from the top, allowing only shorter bags. The seat next over will have the normal height under a coach seat, but will have a bulge on one side, requiring a narrower bag to slide in under the seat.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by NW-A332
if you fly in either row 1 or 5 you will have so much room on the floor you won't know what to do. you will have to store it all on take off and landing, but there'll be shortage of overhead space since every passenger in WBC could 1 whole bin each and there would still be space. If you don't want someone reclinging into you choose 1 or 5. although, there's so much room, it's not like when someone reclines into you in coach.
For an upcoming flight, I'm travelling solo, prefer the window, and I have a choice of 1J or 5J. Everything else in the forward cabin is already taken. A few questions:
1) Can anyone confirm that Row 5 is an exit, not a bulkhead like Row 1? So in Row 5, you don't have to climb over anyone to get out, right?
2) Is the bulkhead in 1J far enough away so you don't have to climb over anyone?
Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by kyushuman
For an upcoming flight, I'm travelling solo, prefer the window, and I have a choice of 1J or 5J. Everything else in the forward cabin is already taken. A few questions:
1) Can anyone confirm that Row 5 is an exit, not a bulkhead like Row 1? So in Row 5, you don't have to climb over anyone to get out, right?
2) Is the bulkhead in 1J far enough away so you don't have to climb over anyone?
Thanks!
I am quite sure that row 5 is also a bulkhead, and has no more leg room than row 1. If you're in any window, you will have to "climb out" if the person next to you is fully reclined. Seat 1J might have a few more inches of leg space, but I have sat in that seat before and you would still need to bother the person in the aisle seat if he/she was fully reclined.

I'd pick the forward cabin (row 1) over the back WBC cabin -- it is usually more quiet since coach is further away.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Continental Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, National Emerald, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I am quite sure that row 5 is also a bulkhead, and has no more leg room than row 1. If you're in any window, you will have to "climb out" if the person next to you is fully reclined. Seat 1J might have a few more inches of leg space, but I have sat in that seat before and you would still need to bother the person in the aisle seat if he/she was fully reclined.

I'd pick the forward cabin (row 1) over the back WBC cabin -- it is usually more quiet since coach is further away.
Row 5 is a bulkhead - loads of room though.

1. The only negative on row 5 is on a long flight the galley can be bothersome, at least to me. I prefer the front cabin.

2. You can be disturbed in the back WBC from coach b/c they seat mom's with babies in row 10.

My last flight from SIN to NRT in 5 was rough due to both of the above.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, KLM Gold, HHilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle
Best Seats

I fly the 332 one or twice a month and have determined which seats I like best. One of my favorites is 1G. There is no intrusion of light from the galley and the fact that you have an aisle plus bulkhead works great for when I fly. I also like 1J as it is quiet and there is no light from the galley bothering you in this seat either. 1ABCH all are good seats but the light from the galley drives me nuts, plus seats A,B,C have more traffic because of the lav on the left side of the airplane. The one thing I don't like about the bulkhead seats is there lack of storage for my water bottle, BOSE headphones, book, slippers, etc... But there is always a ton of overhead space and I have yet to see the bins completely full on any flight I have taken, whether it is NRT-SEA, NRT-PDX, or NRT-SFO. Also I prefer to side on the window side on the bulkhead as it does make it slightly easier to step over your neighbor.

Enjoy the flights and let us know what your impressions are.

NGO-NWA
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:22 pm

Programs: Skymiles (DM, 1MM, SC Lifetime) HHonors (G)
A330-200: How is 11C compared to 29B(exit)?

I am flying NW5 from NRT to PDX on A330-200. Generally I take 29B, which is an exit seat near lavatory...at times congested, but quite a convenient location. A major disadvantage is that it has no AC outlet here.

Looking at Seatguru, I see that 11C has plenty of legroom in front plus AC outlet. Has anyone tried this seat and see how it sits (literally) compared to exit row seats? Thanks for your advice .
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
11c/g are good seats, but legroom is limited by service carts and such. It's my usual choice unless I am planning on the full ambien/valium cockail to sleep through the flight.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:56 pm

Programs: Skymiles (DM, 1MM, SC Lifetime) HHonors (G)
Naoa Chirs-

I see, that's where they park the cart. Like you said, if I am going to crash, then I should go to the exit. If I want to do little stuff here & there, 11C/G would be appropriate... I think I have this figured out. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
11c/g are good seats, but legroom is limited by service carts and such. It's my usual choice unless I am planning on the full ambien/valium cockail to sleep through the flight.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by jinabe
Like you said, if I am going to crash, then I should go to the exit.
Most definitely be by the exit when you crash!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: DL-PM
Are the bulkheads still the best?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I will be flying soon on A332 WBC in row 1. Now that folks have a lot more experience flying this ship, is there still consensus that row 1 is the best? On AZ I found that legroom of the 777 bulkhead J seats were severely restricted. Is the legroom in the 332 WBC bulkhead seats as much as the rest of the cabin? Is 2C better? I've looked up seatguru and it said that 1A might feel cramped. Is that accurate?

Thanks,

Sandeep
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I usually have my pick of the Pref seats and I always go with Row 1. There isnt really any less room, just that you cannot store things on the floor during takeoff/landing. I prefer no seat in front of me too. I avoid the secnd cabin, the coach service is prepared from the mid-pantry and sometimes they dont really seem to care about bothering the WBC passengers with the prep and the back and forth.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta, Qantas, Hyatt, Hilton
Row 1 either A,B or H,J are my favorites. I had the pleasure of flying NRT-SIN in 1H and returned in 5H. The mini cabin (1-4) has a clubby atmosphere to it. I raided the snackbar alot . Row 1 is nice because there is nobody in front of you.

Kampai,
Klaxon
Old Feb 10, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: DL-PM
Originally Posted by Klaxon
Row 1 either A,B or H,J are my favorites. I had the pleasure of flying NRT-SIN in 1H and returned in 5H. The mini cabin (1-4) has a clubby atmosphere to it. I raided the snackbar alot . Row 1 is nice because there is nobody in front of you.

Kampai,
Klaxon
Kampai to you too Klaxon. Is there downside to 1C or 1G? Is the leg room restricted for those seats?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Last edited by sandeepn; Feb 10, 2007 at 12:13 pm
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:51 pm

Seats 12A, 12B on Airbus A330-200 (AMS-SEA)

The placement of these seats on NW's plane map differ from those on seatguru.com .

On the NWA site, these seats have a disabled area in front. Is it safe to say that sitting in these two seats likely ensures a lot of leg room?

Because there are no seats in front, I presume the seat tray is stored in the side of the seat. This is good for fully separating the two seats, but how much seat width does this take up? How wide are these seats?

These were the seats we were automatically assigned, and I am inclined to keep them if there are no drawbacks, because the bank of two seats plus leg room seems good. But I'd appreciate opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.