Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:39 am

Question Which one is correct?

I'm booked on a Northwest flight from NRT to SFO on the A330-200.

I'm traveling with my cat. So, while I usually want a window seat, I'm sure I'll get up a few times to go to the lavatory to check on my cat and see if she'll dare to eat or drink anything.

I've been on the NWA seat map page and 38G looks great. I don't care about speed getting off the plane. I'm going to get stopped because I have a pet.

Anyway, SeatGuru.com and SeatExpert.com have different layouts of Row 38 and 39. SeatGuru.com and the NWA site show that there are 3 seats starting with row 38. SeatExpert.com is showing that 3 seats start with row 39. I'm not really sure how much difference it really is between 38 and 39, so I've played it safe and have chosen 39G for now.

I'm thinking the NWA seat map is the best authority but I'm wondering if anyone here has flown in those seats who can let me know which site is wrong. Also, if 3 seats to a row does start in Row 38, is there a significant difference between 38G and 39G?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:57 pm

I am travelling for the first time on this plane. Can anyone tell me if 11D & 11F are any good? Is there a wall in front of these seats to separate from business class? Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jjmwat4
I am travelling for the first time on this plane. Can anyone tell me if 11D & 11F are any good? Is there a wall in front of these seats to separate from business class? Thanks.
11 D/F are not bulkhead seats. 10 C/G are, and yes they have a wall in front of them.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 9:55 am

Can anyone comment on 01H and 01C for the A332? I am flying from NRT-SIN and SIN-NRT in the above seats and am wondering about their location.

I'm probably going to want to be napping for some of the way on both of these flights, and I'm wondering about the comments stated earlier with regard to light, noise, and traffic. I *was* in 4B for both of these segments, however switched to the seats above because of their "high ratings"..

I generally avoid bulkhead seats like the plague because I hate getting up to get my stuff out of the bins. However, is there enough room that after take off I can pull out my small roll-aboard and just keep it up against the wall?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
I like 1 A for daytime travel so that I can look out the window and get served first (usually...) and 2 C for night time when I want to sleep so that I can access the aisle and/or not have someone climbing over me.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I had 1-H and liked it, fed first, no noticeable distractions accept my seatmate. I was even able to sleep comfortably on a daytime flight, I am 6'2 and the bulkhead is a nice backstop to slide into while sleeping....
Old Apr 11, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
I have 1B on both legs of NRT-SIN SIN-NRT - ..maybe I should switch to 1C or 1G on these legs - is there something I am misssing / It seems like 1C and 1B should be identical... Thanks..

Last edited by dhh1; Apr 11, 2009 at 7:12 pm
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rkwalton

I'm traveling with my cat. So, while I usually want a window seat, I'm sure I'll get up a few times to go to the lavatory to check on my cat and see if she'll dare to eat or drink anything.
Your cat will be traveling in the lavatory?
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:39 pm

ok - last question before my DTW_SIN_DTW turn - I have verizon cell service so I don't think it will work in SIN or NRT - what is the easiest think to do to make a call if I want to use a cell phone? Buy a throw away pre-paid gsm phone or something different? Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dhh1
I have 1B on both legs of NRT-SIN SIN-NRT - ..maybe I should switch to 1C or 1G on these legs - is there something I am misssing / It seems like 1C and 1B should be identical... Thanks..
1C and 1G are the best IMHO. There is miles of space to the bulkhead. So much so that pax will sometimes use this as an aisle to cut across. The FA's will occasionally put he newspaper cart in front of 1C as well.

The only draw back is light from the galley. It's not bad but I am not bothered by it anyway.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
1C and 1G are the best IMHO. There is miles of space to the bulkhead. So much so that pax will sometimes use this as an aisle to cut across. The FA's will occasionally put he newspaper cart in front of 1C as well.

The only draw back is light from the galley. It's not bad but I am not bothered by it anyway.

Just moved from 1B to 1G on both legs - Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:58 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I am now in 1C on NRT -> SIN and 1G SIN -> NRT.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 11:29 am

I'm travelling with my fiancé from ATL-AMS (departs 5.20 pm) on Northwest A332 in Business Class.

We have picked 2J and 2H. Are these seats recommended by you experts, or should we pick a another couple of seats for a better experience?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
A bump of this thread, as I've brought it over from the NW forum. Please continue to add to this thread with your thoughs/experiences.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by rkwalton

I've been on the NWA seat map page and 38G looks great. I don't care about speed getting off the plane. I'm going to get stopped because I have a pet.

Anyway, SeatGuru.com and SeatExpert.com have different layouts of Row 38 and 39. SeatGuru.com and the NWA site show that there are 3 seats starting with row 38. SeatExpert.com is showing that 3 seats start with row 39. I'm not really sure how much difference it really is between 38 and 39, so I've played it safe and have chosen 39G for now.

I'm thinking the NWA seat map is the best authority but I'm wondering if anyone here has flown in those seats who can let me know which site is wrong. Also, if 3 seats to a row does start in Row 38, is there a significant difference between 38G and 39G?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Delta chat
you : I have a question about Northwest A330-200 seating.
Gail: Sure.
you : I have looked at several websites...to try to find the easiest seat for the long flight to/from Japan. The sites have different seat maps.
you : So, I'm wondering if there is extra legroom starting with 38G or with 39G. I'm also wondering about the Coach Choice seating that Northwest offered.
you : Since I got the message today about the merger... that Delta is handling the flight, I'm not sure how I can upgrade to Coach Choice seats within 24 hours of the flight like I was planning to do before.
Gail: ...as you have booked this reservation using your miles, you will not be able to use your miles to upgrade.
Gail: Let me check about the seats for you.
you : My miles are already used up. Northwest, though, had a policy that allowed people to upgrade to Coach Choice seats 24 hours before the flight for an extra charge. I was hoping to upgrade to 11C or 11G.
Gail: I am sorry, it is not with Delta.
Gail: You cannot use the miles to upgrade if you are using miles.
you : I got a message today that the flight is now being handled by Delta. I'm not asking to use miles to upgrade, just money. Is it possible for anyone to upgrade to a better seat like 11C or 11G by paying an extra fee?
Gail: As this is an Award ticket, you cannot upgrade your ticket.
you : What about the 38g and 39g seating issue? Is there extra legroom starting with seat 38g or 39g?
Gail: No, they are normal seats.
you : Every website like SeatGuru and Airline Expert shows additional legroom in these rows. The only difference is that some sites show the extra legroom starting with row 38 and some with 39.
Gail: Row number 29 have extra leg room.
Gail: The exit seats are available but they are preferred seats. Preferred seating ("P" seats) is offered and is designated only to qualified passengers such as passengers with disabilities, Medallion SkyMiles members etc. These seats are also available to all passengers on the day of departure.
you : So, there is absolutely no difference between seats 39g/38g and a seat like 10b?
Gail: Yes, that is correct.
Apparently every site, from Seat Guru to Airline Expert is wrong about the seating chart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.