Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by WillTravel
The placement of these seats on NW's plane map differ from those on seatguru.com .

On the NWA site, these seats have a disabled area in front. Is it safe to say that sitting in these two seats likely ensures a lot of leg room?

Because there are no seats in front, I presume the seat tray is stored in the side of the seat. This is good for fully separating the two seats, but how much seat width does this take up? How wide are these seats?

These were the seats we were automatically assigned, and I am inclined to keep them if there are no drawbacks, because the bank of two seats plus leg room seems good. But I'd appreciate opinions.
I dont think you are looking at the right seat map. I think 12 a+b are just regular coach seats. The first row in the y cabin is 10 (sweet) but I looked at seat guru and nwa.com and I do n ot see what you are seeing.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:55 pm

I'm looking at NWA.com right now for Flight NW0033/*KL6033, Airbus A330-200.

Row 10 is the first row of coach, like you said.

11 A and 11B are represented by wheelchair icons and the legend says they are "Disability seating Accommodation", and 11C-11J look like normal seats.

I know seatguru has 11A,B (and all the way across to J) as standard coach seats but this does not match what I am seeing on NWA for this flight.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Disabled != better seats

These are normal seats near the front of the plane that are just designated disabled -- the seats themselves and pitch are the same as any other. The airline reserves some seats close to the doors for easier access, nothing more.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I'm looking at NWA.com right now for Flight NW0033/*KL6033, Airbus A330-200.

Row 10 is the first row of coach, like you said.

11 A and 11B are represented by wheelchair icons and the legend says they are "Disability seating Accommodation", and 11C-11J look like normal seats.

I know seatguru has 11A,B (and all the way across to J) as standard coach seats but this does not match what I am seeing on NWA for this flight.
Oh, that just means the aisle side armrest goes up to allow a wheelchair bound person to slide in. No extra room and it really has no other benefit so Seat Guru does not list that.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess this means that 12A and 12B will have traybacks in the normal position, so the seat width and legroom is no different than the majority of the other banks of two seats.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thanks for the info. I guess this means that 12A and 12B will have traybacks in the normal position, so the seat width and legroom is no different than the majority of the other banks of two seats.
Correct! There's nothing different about these seats at all.

-RM
Old Nov 20, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
29 A or J

29 A & J, is there any noticeable difference between these two seats? Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rdchen
No. Do you like to look left or look right?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 6:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by rdchen
You might get off the plane a little bit faster on the A side.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:54 am

How about 4 A/B?

I went through all the posts and didn't say one mentioning these two seats.
Am I looking at the wrong plane or the 332 has been reconfigured recently?

Anyway, according to SeatGuru, 4 A/B are good seats for privacy, but noise from the galley could be bothersome. How do people like them?

First timer in WBC
Old Mar 5, 2008, 9:50 am

AVOD Boxes

Seatguru says 333 has AVOD under window seats AJ until row 15 at which time it changes to the aisle BH seats (And later back to AJ). Is this true? I know I flew 333 MSP-LGW-DTW and I was seated in 26 and somewhere near the front 16? And there were boxes under A on both flights (95% certain). Just hoping someone could confirm, I would like an A seat near the front (without box)....currently in 16A on MSP-AMS 333. Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Another question about 1A vs 1J on the A332. I figured 1J would be better than 1A because it sat further back from the galley but how come seatguru has it colored yellow vs yellow/green? Do you think I should go with 1A to be safe?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Another question about 1A vs 1J on the A332. I figured 1J would be better than 1A because it sat further back from the galley but how come seatguru has it colored yellow vs yellow/green? Do you think I should go with 1A to be safe?
I've done both 1A and 1J (twice) on the 332 and didn't notice much of a difference except for overhead space which was occupied over 1A. So 1J is my first choice.... I don't know why seatguru has it colored yellow.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 5:36 pm
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I've chosen 2A & B and 3H & J for my parents when they fly to NRT on an A330-200, and based on seatguru, these are not special seats.

They don't want to sit in bulkhead seats nor do they want to sit in the middle section, so there weren't many choices left. Based on what people said in previous posts (which are mostly 3-4 years old now!) I also chose the 1-4 because it feels more private.

Seatguru mentions that 4A&B might be loud due to galley service... and no one answered timrick when he asked for people's opinions on it =P

Any thoughts??
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by eufto
I've chosen 2A & B and 3H & J for my parents when they fly to NRT on an A330-200, and based on seatguru, these are not special seats.

They don't want to sit in bulkhead seats nor do they want to sit in the middle section, so there weren't many choices left. Based on what people said in previous posts (which are mostly 3-4 years old now!) I also chose the 1-4 because it feels more private.

Seatguru mentions that 4A&B might be loud due to galley service... and no one answered timrick when he asked for people's opinions on it =P

Any thoughts??
Why don't they want to sit in the center section? It has only two seats, allowing both to be on the aisle ^, thus allowing each to get up without having to be climbed over or be climbed over. Unless one must sit by a window? I have been in 1C and it was just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.