Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Funny/ironic story: a few years ago I was flying from SLC to SNA and was in first class. I sit down and who plops down next to me but Marie Osmond. Having lived in SoCal for many years, I had seen my share of celebs but had never engaged. I decided to follow the same protocol here, but she began to talk to me! She could .not have been any more pleasant. She asked if i was going home or to work. We chatted the ENTIRE flight. It was really cool. She was headed to the area for a commercial shoot for Nutra System. Again, she is one of the nicest people i have ever met.

Sad part is that when I went in to my office in Irvine, none of the younger team members had a clue who she was. I have never felt so old in my life. When I showed them her Dancing With The Stars pic, that gave her some street cred with the youngens.
I had a similar experience with Pamela Anderson. I was already on the plane when she sat next to me. I immediately recognized her and just looked out the window or read the Delta mag for a couple minutes when she started talking to me. I had never been a fan of hers up until that flight. She was the nicest person and I will never forget it. BTW back then (this was the Kid Rock dating era) before all the facial work she was absolutely beautiful.

Last edited by estedman; Jul 19, 2018 at 10:56 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Skyteam
Before she had hepatitis c
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by heckler
I think you'll find large differences between millenials and the knowledge of many celebs. For instance many classic actors have long since passed away - Robert Mitchum, George Peppard, Gregory Peck, Burt Lancaster, Robert Shaw, Johnny Carson, Charlton Heston, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin - etc. We all live through our personal slice of time - and we are somewhat oblvious to what goes on around us

Today celebs are people like the Karshashians, rappers, Tom Brady, Daniel Craig,U2, or the Simpsons. They too will pass on to reveal the next batch of actors and stars...
Nah, those are the old generation of celebs. Today's celebs are Youtube / Snapchat stars you have absolutely never heard of. Shows your age
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:36 am

have never spotted a celeb on DL but have on transatlantic LH
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
A definite D-lister- Tia from Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise on ATL-LIT. I only know this because my wife’s guilty pleasure is watching that filth 😂😂
kcmd likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
A definite D-lister- Tia from Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise on ATL-LIT. I only know this because my wife’s guilty pleasure is watching that filth 😂😂
So the real question is was she with Colton?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

So the real question is was she with Colton?
By herself I believe- no douchey guys in her boarding group 😂😂
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Chaka Khan in the main DTW Sky Club, in town for Aretha Franklin's funeral.
FlightNurse and sky303 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Woody Harrelson on DL 1322 sitting in the seat in front of me. He went into lav without wearing shoes.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MEABFlyer
Woody Harrelson on DL 1322 sitting in the seat in front of me. He went into lav without wearing shoes.
Wow! Disgusting. I hope Woody isn't loosing it like Gary Busey.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:53 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Caris LaVert of the NBA Brooklyn Nets is on my DTW-LGA flight today, along with a number of other University of Michigan alums coming back from yesterday’s football game.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by KenTarmac
Wow! Disgusting. I hope Woody isn't loosing it like Gary Busey.
HEY! Watch what you say about The Buse!

Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
LOL, I love the Buse! Don't get me wrong ...

Anyway, back on topic. I ran into Moziah Bridges of Mo's Bows (Bow Ties) tonight. He was on my flight home from JFK. I recognized him from his Shark Tank appearance ... and, of course, he was wearing one of his signature bow ties. Spoke briefly with him after stepping onto the jetway. Very nice, and humble, kid.

Then, upon walking out of baggage claim in CLT I spotted Pat McCrory (Former mayor of CLT and former governor of NC) on the curb standing next to me.
Hammer0425 and TheHorta like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Eddie Izzard at checkin, Skyclub and JFK-FCO a week or so ago.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by TheHorta

HEY! Watch what you say about The Buse!

KenTarmac likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.