Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Yeah she probably booked separate tickets on purpose just for the chance they'd get split up in irrops
RatherBeOnATrain likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jinglish
She was in Freaks and Geeks, and... I actually don't know what else.
Dawsons Creek too! LOL
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by defrosted
Exactly, nothing more could have reasonably been done. Just another attention grab for 5 seconds of fame. More people know who she is now than before, I suppose it worked.
Long ago, mrs pbiflyer and I were on a DL flight on separate itineraries. When IRROPS hit, we were told that we would be split up. Nothing they could do. The system wouldn't let them.
When it turned out we would have to be to stay over night, they (a different Delta agent) put us together in one hotel room, without asking. Funny how when it benefitted them, they could magically join the itineraries.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Marcia Cross, in comfort+, flying BZN-MSP today, I do believe.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Long ago, mrs pbiflyer and I were on a DL flight on separate itineraries. When IRROPS hit, we were told that we would be split up. Nothing they could do. The system wouldn't let them.
When it turned out we would have to be to stay over night, they (a different Delta agent) put us together in one hotel room, without asking. Funny how when it benefitted them, they could magically join the itineraries.
There was probably notes on your reservations you were traveling together after IRROPS hit, so the new agent processing hotel vouchers likely saw it and gave you a hotel together. Don't think it means they were then able to magically combine your itineraries.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Marcia Cross, in comfort+, flying BZN-MSP today, I do believe.
Definitely on my list of hottest older women.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 8:49 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I heard you're on her list too
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Former Delta CEO Richard Anderson JFK - DCA today.

In C+ 5D (I sat in 5C, wasn't my assigned seat but FA assigned there goofed and sat in my seat).
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Former Delta CEO Richard Anderson JFK - DCA today.

In C+ 5D (I sat in 5C, wasn't my assigned seat but FA assigned there goofed and sat in my seat).
tsk tsk, richard should have taken the train!
GoAmtrak likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720
tsk tsk, richard should have taken the train!
I know! Particularly since he's not eligible for miles or upgrades (saw his BP).
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I know! Particularly since he's not eligible for miles or upgrades (saw his BP).
He's currently the Pres of Amtrak...

Can't say I blame him though even if he did start in JFK, I much prefer the DL/AA shuttle (and to JFK) to Amtrak...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
He's currently the Pres of Amtrak...

Can't say I blame him though even if he did start in JFK, I much prefer the DL/AA shuttle (and to JFK) to Amtrak...
Yes, and his flying Delta while being CEO of Amtrak is in contrast to his flying Delta in steerage when CEO of Delta. It's an indication of just how sadly impractical PAX train travel is in the US...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Retired. Amtrak, DL (2MM, Signed up for DL FF program 2nd day offered 8/81), Marriott, Hilton
Yes, and his flying Delta while being CEO of Amtrak is in contrast to his flying Delta in steerage when CEO of Delta. It's an indication of just how sadly impractical PAX train travel is in the US...
Amtrak in the Northeast Corridor is extremely popular. However, there is possibly more to this story.

Richard is trying to cut long distance trains, (just Google it, and you will see). He has already cut hot meals off of two long distance trains, and replaced them with cold box meals, (yes even for dinner). There is even a billboard, (paid for by somebody) on the Amtrak Northeast Corridor line, right outside the Amtrak 30th Street station in Philadelphia, asking for Richard Anderson to be fired. Letters to the editors are springing up around the country about what is going on with Amtrak.

I am going to guess, (and it is only a guess), that Richard Anderson did not use Amtrak between the two cities, because he knows he is not popular with Amtrak employees.

Read up on Google, and you will see what is going on.

(Update...this was NOT just a JFK-DCA itinerary. It was part of a Europe to DCA itinerary. This changes the whole narrative)
GoAmtrak likes this.

Last edited by Silver Meteor; Jul 9, 2018 at 3:50 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Anderson was actually coming from MXP-JFK.....I know someone that took a photo with him on the plane lol.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: Retired. Amtrak, DL (2MM, Signed up for DL FF program 2nd day offered 8/81), Marriott, Hilton
Thanks AANYC1981 for updating Richard Anderson's itinerary. If he was flying from Europe to DC, that sheds a whole different light on why he was flying on Delta from JFK to DCA.

However, for people who do not follow Richard Anderson and how he is managing Amtrak, it is worth Googling it, so you can understand what is going on right now at Amtrak. Just Google "Southwest Chief" for starters.
GoAmtrak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.