Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Jackson Nicoll, the child star in "Bad Grandpa" with Johnny Knoxville, in LAX SkyClub right now. My wife overheard him conversing with another person in the club about the movie.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
Funny thing is FlightNurse spelled Burrell correctly when she posted the same celebrity siting back in July!
Sighting! Sheesh.

Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Jackson Nicoll, the child star in "Bad Grandpa" with Johnny Knoxville, in LAX SkyClub right now. My wife overheard him conversing with another person in the club about the movie.
Johnny Knoxville came in too. Was here about 20 min then the whole group (Jackson Picoll, Johnny Knoxville, and the other people with them) left, so I'm presuming they're all heading off to the same destination.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
DL1908 DTW - ORD Danny - Counts Customs and Pawn Stars in 1C waiting for them to shut the doors now.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by katkruiser
Wayne Newton FC JFK/LAX
Jon Bon Jovi FC JFK/LAX autographed my menu
Stephanie Mills FC JFK/LAX
Saw Charlton Heston in Burbank Airport
Kieffer Sutherland LAS/ORD

My husband is retired UAL pilot and has seen many
You just saw Charlton Heston in the airport? I can't imagine he was very animated.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by katkruiser
Wayne Newton FC JFK/LAX
Jon Bon Jovi FC JFK/LAX autographed my menu
Stephanie Mills FC JFK/LAX
Saw Charlton Heston in Burbank Airport
Kieffer Sutherland LAS/ORD

My husband is retired UAL pilot and has seen many

Last edited by kchoya; Oct 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm Reason: duplicate post
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM
Sir Richard Branson in LHR SkyTeam Lounge 24-OCT. Didn't seem to be the jerk than I'd have guessed he might be. Lounge attendants fawning all over him, but otherwise a quiet non-event.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I LOVE Duck Dynasty!!!

-J.
Sat next to the entire cast of this show a couple months back LGA-ATL in F. Had no idea who they were until someone told me as we deplaned.

I thought they were a group of kettles booked into Y due to IRROPS.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by sawtooth
Sat next to the entire cast of this show a couple months back LGA-ATL in F. Had no idea who they were until someone told me as we deplaned.

I thought they were a group of kettles booked into Y due to IRROPS.
That must have been an interesting aircraft seating configuration for you to be sitting next to all of them. Or did you change seats frequently during the flight?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM & 1 MM, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
Sitting across the aisle from President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalyn right now. SAN-ATL. Friendly guy....walked through the plane and shook everyone's hand before we pushed back in SAN.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:43 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by FireFlyer
Sitting across the aisle from President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalyn right now. SAN-ATL. Friendly guy....walked through the plane and shook everyone's hand before we pushed back in SAN.
Very surprised the former President would fly commercial. Was there a secret service member onboard? I think former Presdients now have lifetime protection.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by A4K
Very surprised the former President would fly commercial. Was there a secret service member onboard? I think former Presdients now have lifetime protection.
Former presidents had lifetime protection up through Clinton. Congress changed the law, and all presidents W and later and their spouses will be protected for 10 years from the end of their term, and their children protected until age 21 or for those same 10 years whichever is longer.

President Carter is well known as a humble and kind fellow who resisted what he saw as the excessive grandeur of the presidency. He sold the presidential yacht while in office. He sleeps on a Murphy bed.

I hope I'm lucky enough to be on a flight with him someday. If America had listened to President Carter we'd be much better off right now.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver Premier, IHG Platinum
Saw Robert Irvine yesterday. JFK - SEA.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by A4K
No reason to be surprised. Former President Carter is one of the most often spotted celebrities in this thread.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta SM
https://twitter.com/fivethirtyeight

Nate Silver ‏@fivethirtyeight

.@Joan_Rivers is on my Delta flight out of DTW. Beats my previous-best airplane celebrity encounter of Joey Galloway.

5:25 AM - 27 Oct 13

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.