Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Calculation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metalblaze
Great to know. What about SkyTeam partners? Will only DL marketed (but non-DL metal) tickets count towards MM status?
This was already answered a few posts upthread -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners
"SkyMiles Members flying on a partner-marketed flight (excluding basic economy and similar fares) will be able to count flight miles flown toward their Million Miler Status."

It seems pretty clear that anything that qualifies for MQD earn at this point will also count towards MM earn. Basically, it excludes BE fares and flights booked with partner miles (like FB). Also, partner marketed flights on non-Skyteam metal. I guess there's somewhat of an open question on partner Light fares which still earn MQDs, but are definitely "similar" and priced like DL BE fares (the Light fare filings generally duplicate DL BE fare filings on TATL JV routes).
DrMilano and hhdl like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2024 at 6:42 am
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
As expected. MM is now your actual BIS miles meter and yes, you flew with DL on these award tickets so you had your butt in the seat...they should count. There is no " * " in the T&C's saying that the MM miles have to be from $ paid tickets only.
And this only makes sense. Award tickets can be any fare class, and the cost in SM is commensurate with the cash price. So, an award ticket in BE (I assume that can be done? I've never tried it.) would not count toward MM, but an award ticket in any normal fare class would count toward MM.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by xliioper
This was already answered a few posts upthread -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...rline-partners
"SkyMiles Members flying on a partner-marketed flight (excluding basic economy and similar fares) will be able to count flight miles flown toward their Million Miler Status."

It seems pretty clear that anything that qualifies for MQD earn at this point will also count towards MM earn. Basically, it excludes BE fares and flights booked with partner miles (like FB). Also, partner marketed flights on non-Skyteam metal. I guess there's somewhat of an open question on partner Light fares which still earn MQDs, but are definitely "similar" and priced like DL BE fares (the Light fare filings generally duplicate DL BE fare filings on TATL JV routes).
Important details like accrual rates are still missing, right?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Important details like accrual rates are still missing, right?
It seems confirmed 1:1 with distance (no mileage minimum and no class of service of bonus) based on post in different thread.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Data point:
On an award ticket from LGA to SEA through MSP, and SEA to GEG. The BIS miles credited to the MM calculation, specifically 223 miles for SEA to GEG. Will know in February if my CI JFK to TPE flight counts into MM calculation.
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems confirmed 1:1 with distance (no mileage minimum and no class of service of bonus) based on post in different thread.
Source? Which airlines and fare codes?

Originally Posted by mckerrow
Data point:
On an award ticket from LGA to SEA through MSP, and SEA to GEG. The BIS miles credited to the MM calculation, specifically 223 miles for SEA to GEG. Will know in February if my CI JFK to TPE flight counts into MM calculation.
What's the fare code? Really want to know if it’ll be 1:1.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was a LAX-LAS flight booked in paid FC. 236 miles on the nose which matches gcmap.com distance. While there have not been examples of every possible permutation posted yet, that and the fact that DL has confirmed that partner marketed flights will also earn is good enough for me.
DrMilano and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was a LAX-LAS flight booked in paid FC. 236 miles on the nose which matches gcmap.com distance. While there have not been examples of every possible permutation posted yet, that and the fact that DL has confirmed that partner marketed flights will also earn is good enough for me.
What will be huge for me is if CI’s cheapest economy flights earn on a 1:1 ratio. In the previous iteration of the program, CI’s cheapest fares only earns at 25% of the distance.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist

What's the fare code? Really want to know if it’ll be 1:1.
Fare codes are irrelevant (except BE which will not earn anything) in the updated program as MQMs no longer exist. The associated percentage on specific fare codes now only affects accrual of redeemable miles, not MM. Delta clearly states you only earn MM based on flight miles flown which would be 1:1, see https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../program-rules

Starting January 1, 2024 Million Miler Status will be determined based on flown flight miles. For Members who have lifetime MQMs, any MQMs already earned towards Million Miler Status will remain solely for purposes of this calculation, and any flight miles earned after January 1, 2024 will be added to that Member’s existing Million Miler balance. Flight miles flown on flights marketed by Delta’s partner airlines will also count towards Million Miler Status, except for Basic Economy and similar fares.
CO-PLAT and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JAeX
Fare codes are irrelevant (except BE which will not earn anything) in the updated program as MQMs no longer exist. The associated percentage on specific fare codes now only affects accrual of redeemable miles, not MM. Delta clearly states you only earn MM based on flight miles flown which would be 1:1, see https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles.../program-rules
I'm really hoping you are right. It would be a total game changer if CI's cheapest non-BE fares accrue 1:1.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I'm really hoping you are right. It would be a total game changer if CI's cheapest non-BE fares accrue 1:1.
Note that this is just for MM (viz. MQM in the old system: did cheap CI economy fares earn less than 100% MQM?), not redeemable miles.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
I'm happy multi-MM's are getting recognition with the new program but really wish I traveled more during the MQM era. Sitting here with 440k miles and it will now take me a decade to get to 1MM.
emma dog likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
I'm happy multi-MM's are getting recognition with the new program but really wish I traveled more during the MQM era. Sitting here with 440k miles and it will now take me a decade to get to 1MM.
Credit card churn of large payments to IRS gave me $200k MQMs every year without any travel. I will miss that window.
ffI and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What will be huge for me is if CI’s cheapest economy flights earn on a 1:1 ratio. In the previous iteration of the program, CI’s cheapest fares only earns at 25% of the distance.
Note that they will still only earn 25% of distance for RDM mileage. It is only MM credit that will be 1:1. MQD credit remains 5% of mileage flown on cheap coach fares. Chasing MM status via flying cheap CI coach flights does not really sound all that lucrative, but I suppose it's a step up from the 25% MQM credit on cheap coach seats previously.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 6, 2024 at 2:29 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhdl
Note that this is just for MM (viz. MQM in the old system: did cheap CI economy fares earn less than 100% MQM?), not redeemable miles.
Yes.

I never really cared about RDM because it’s SkyMiles…

Note that they will still only earn 25% of distance for RDM mileage. It is only MM credit that will be 1:1. MQD credit remains 5% of mileage flown on cheap coach fares. Chasing MM status via flying cheap CI coach flights does not really sound all that lucrative, but I suppose it's a step up from the 25% MQM credit on cheap coach seats previously.
If you fly tpac a lot then yea, I think it is. DL doesn't have the best tpac network/schedules. Earning 25% is obviously worse than 100%. I don't care about RDM all that much because SkyMiles are pretty useless. It took years before I found redemptions that provided enough value for me to justify using them. It’s not necessarily about “chasing” status, but the new system is obviously a lot better if the accrual rate is 1:1.
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.