Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
As I posted in my own thread elsewhere, I did a SFO>LHR>JNB>LHR>SFO trip departing 9 Nov and arriving back on 14 Nov and booked exactly the same way as you did, and I’m also still waiting for everything to post on DL.com. Somewhat frustrating for me is that I will have re-qualified as a DM, and coincidentally as a 2MM, and this is obviously putting me lower on the complimentary upgrade lists on the flights I’ve been flying since! Oh well, it is what it is! Let us know when your flights have posted, and I’ll do the same!
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Keith2004
Anyone else having this issue with Delta Ticketed Virgin Atlantic flights?
Flew SAV/ATL/MAN/CDG/ATL/SAV in early November 2022. Tickets purchased directly on delta.com.

SAV/ATL legs on DL; MQMs/MQDs posted the same day.

MAN/CDG/ATL legs codeshare on AF metal; MQMs/MQDs posted one day after arrival.

ATL/MAN leg codeshare on VS metal; MQMs/MQDs posted TEN days after arrival.

For what it's worth, I called both Virgin and Delta 2-3 days after flying the ATL/MAN leg to ask for the credit to be posted. Not sure if that expedited things at all.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by heywood
Flew SAV/ATL/MAN/CDG/ATL/SAV in early November 2022. Tickets purchased directly on delta.com.

SAV/ATL legs on DL; MQMs/MQDs posted the same day.

MAN/CDG/ATL legs codeshare on AF metal; MQMs/MQDs posted one day after arrival.

ATL/MAN leg codeshare on VS metal; MQMs/MQDs posted TEN days after arrival.

For what it's worth, I called both Virgin and Delta 2-3 days after flying the ATL/MAN leg to ask for the credit to be posted. Not sure if that expedited things at all.
Thanks for the data point. It seems to be an ongoing issue with VS metal flights.
my 11/3 finally posted on 11/14. Still waiting on my 11/12. In all cases I have also had to call to ask for the credit to be posted (involving a skymiles desk hold) ....as I am coming upon my 10 day mark since I called about my 11/12 flight, hopefully it posts soon. VS has been the most annoying of any Delta partner I have flown when it comes to posting.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Update after a second call my 11/12 flight posted today. Could be coincidence as on the call they just said they cant call VS to push it till 14 business day mark. But on 10 day mark it finally posted, previous flights were 7 and 9 days.

I have a VS flight next week that should put me over the line to requailify for diamond...I now understand the timeline and potential multi call process
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the data points. I have a VS marketed DL operated trip to London in December. It's the last trip I need to requalify for Diamond.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
UPDATE…the SFO>LHR>JNB flights posted on Tuesday and the JNB>LHR>SFO flights posted today…however I miscalculated the MM total…I’m at 1,999,501, but have a SFO>LAX>LHR>SEA>SFO trip next week to fly on the VS A350-1000 to LHR, and the DL A330-900 to SEA on the return…two more types to tick off!
Mhyduchak likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, AA, HH, SPG, IHG
Update to my 11/18 post - My VS flights (JFK-LHR-JNB roundtrip, no codeshare) finally posted to DL today, 20 days after 11/8 arrival. After getting nowhere with VS, I called the DL Diamond line on 11/21. Within a few hours the JFK-LHR and LHR-JFK legs posted. However, it took 2 more calls to get the LHR-JNB legs to post. Note that I try and only call the Diamond line M-F during normal business hours, so the Thanksgiving holiday added to the waiting time. But based on my prior experience with the same route (when I checked a bag), as well as forum comments from others, my lesson learned for any future partner airline travel, is to Always get a printed boarded pass at the airport with your sky miles number. This trip was carry on so I only used the digital boarding pass. Both VS and DL could always see my information in the system when I contacted them, but I believe this would have sped up the posting process, saving time and aggravation
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by jjskis
Update to my 11/18 post - My VS flights (JFK-LHR-JNB roundtrip, no codeshare) finally posted to DL today, 20 days after 11/8 arrival. After getting nowhere with VS, I called the DL Diamond line on 11/21. Within a few hours the JFK-LHR and LHR-JFK legs posted. However, it took 2 more calls to get the LHR-JNB legs to post. Note that I try and only call the Diamond line M-F during normal business hours, so the Thanksgiving holiday added to the waiting time. But based on my prior experience with the same route (when I checked a bag), as well as forum comments from others, my lesson learned for any future partner airline travel, is to Always get a printed boarded pass at the airport with your sky miles number. This trip was carry on so I only used the digital boarding pass. Both VS and DL could always see my information in the system when I contacted them, but I believe this would have sped up the posting process, saving time and aggravation
getting skymiles credit for flights on Air France, Aeromexico and Virgin has been very problematic for us 80% of the time. Your suggestion to get your paper boarding passes is spot on. Also image your purchase receipt. Beyond this, delta has even said they need to get confirmation from partners that we actually flew the segments. Usually has taken at least 3-4 weeks to see the credits. Even after very significant intervention.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
My experience...VS (non codeshare) SEA-LHR posted in 5 days
AF operated, DL marketed (codeshare) posted in 48 hours for 2 segments

Seems like codeshare is the way to go
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:48 am

Data point

Flew VS jfk-LHR-cpt 11/23-24-25. Skymiles # on boarding passes. No credit as of now.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Flew BOS-LHR on 11/21 and still nothing posted either... wrote in with my claim yesterday so we'll see how long it takes. Odd because this was the return segment of a LHR-BOS rt and the outbound leg posted within 4 - 5 days but oh well
Old Dec 4, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, AA, HH, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Flew VS jfk-LHR-cpt 11/23-24-25. Skymiles # on boarding passes. No credit as of now.
Bummer. I was convinced that a printed boarding pass w/ skymiles # was the key to a speedy partner posting process. Oh well, I guess all we have is patience and luck
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by truncated
Flew BOS-LHR on 11/21 and still nothing posted either... wrote in with my claim yesterday so we'll see how long it takes. Odd because this was the return segment of a LHR-BOS rt and the outbound leg posted within 4 - 5 days but oh well

Call in, my mom flew JAX-JFK-LHR on a Virgin issued ticket with JFK-LHR on Virgin metal, JAX-JFK on Delta metal posted but JFK-LHR never posted. After about 3 weeks she called in and an agent pushed it through, showed up in the account as processing immediately and officially got processed within 12 hours after that call.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by truncated
​​​​​​
I recommend calling as well. I had a similar experience except the return segment posted before the outbound segment. The person on the phone could see that I was marked as a 'no show' for that segment which was odd to begin with as then the return would have been canceled which it wasn't and I took with miles credited. The agent was able to submit a form from her end and in 3 months time I was credited with miles as if I travelled in Upper Class even though my ticket was for main cabin.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Call in, my mom flew JAX-JFK-LHR on a Virgin issued ticket with JFK-LHR on Virgin metal, JAX-JFK on Delta metal posted but JFK-LHR never posted. After about 3 weeks she called in and an agent pushed it through, showed up in the account as processing immediately and officially got processed within 12 hours after that call.
Originally Posted by adhiren
​​​​​​
I recommend calling as well. I had a similar experience except the return segment posted before the outbound segment. The person on the phone could see that I was marked as a 'no show' for that segment which was odd to begin with as then the return would have been canceled which it wasn't and I took with miles credited. The agent was able to submit a form from her end and in 3 months time I was credited with miles as if I travelled in Upper Class even though my ticket was for main cabin.
Fair enough — I try my best to avoid calling (hate waiting on hold, and find it easier to type in chat vs speaking to an agent), but will give it a shot sometime this week. Should I just call the Platinum line or is there a skymiles number that I should know of?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.