FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2100620-booking-flying-virgin-atlantic-how-long-trip-post-dl.html)

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 21, 2017 3:29 pm

How long for miles to post from Virgin Atlantic?

So I recall Virgin Australia miles posted within 2-3 days but how about Virgin Atlantic?

cbc812 Apr 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Usually within a few weeks, but it's taken longer for me. Hold onto/screenshot a copy of your BP in case you have to submit it for credit.

SDQBound Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

I usually submit for credit the day after the flight and it posts within 24 hours, as in the past it normally took 5-7 days.

azdmelani Apr 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Flew Tuesday, was posted by Friday. Am still waiting for my Saturday return to post.

Slow learner Apr 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound (Post 28212361)
I usually submit for credit the day after the flight and it posts within 24 hours, as in the past it normally took 5-7 days.

This.

Mine always post within 24 hours after requesting the credit. When left to "age", the results are unpredictable at best.

azdmelani Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by azdmelani (Post 28224820)
Flew Tuesday, was posted by Friday. Am still waiting for my Saturday return to post.

And.... still waiting for Saturday LHR-JFK to post.

FlyAO2 Apr 26, 2017 1:54 pm

I flew on a Virgin ticket JFK-LHR-JFK but on DL Metal flights. Miles posted within a day or so

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 30, 2017 11:30 am

For my DL coded, VS operated, outbound 5 days and return 3 days to post

Chalky White Oct 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Any newer data points on this? I am flying on 12/21 ATL-LHR, then on 12/24, LHR-DEL. The ATL-LHR leg will get me over the hump to Diamond and I'd like to earn the bonus for the LHR-DEL leg. If that won't happen, should I be Diamond by 12/31 for my return flights, DEL-LHR and LHR-ATL?

My tickets were bought on VS's website and all flights on my itinerary are VS coded.

Loran Oct 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I flew SEA-LHR-SEA in September on a VS flight number and ticket. Both flights took about 4-5 days to post.

AntonS Oct 14, 2018 11:32 pm

For me, VS flight number posts within 5-7 says. DL code share flight number on VS posts 3-5 days.

NOLAnwGOLD Oct 14, 2018 11:58 pm

I've got some flights at the end of November and will try to remember to post about this then!

rylan Oct 15, 2018 6:18 pm

I have a couple VS flights in early Nov... will try to report back on the post time. Those are VS ticket & flight number.

gooselee Oct 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by AntonS (Post 30316158)
For me, VS flight number posts within 5-7 says. DL code share flight number on VS posts 3-5 days.

I can only speak for the DL-marketed/VS-operated version, but 3-5 days is my experience there also. However, OP will also experience the delay in the LHR-DEL flight, so there's an outside chance that ATL-LHR will post after LHR-DEL is flown, but since it will still post before LHR-DEL, the system will still have time to upgrade OP to DM and apply the extra bonus to LHR-DEL.

I've no idea whether DL's systems are smart enough to figure all that out, but...there's a chance.

PotomacApproach Aug 9, 2019 2:13 pm

Seeing 5 days for a DL codeshare