Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
For VS marketed/VS operated, both outbound and inbound posted in 5 days after our November flights (LAX LHR HKG LHR LAX)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
I can only speak for the DL-marketed/VS-operated version, but 3-5 days is my experience there also. However, OP will also experience the delay in the LHR-DEL flight, so there's an outside chance that ATL-LHR will post after LHR-DEL is flown, but since it will still post before LHR-DEL, the system will still have time to upgrade OP to DM and apply the extra bonus to LHR-DEL.

I've no idea whether DL's systems are smart enough to figure all that out, but...there's a chance.
I know this post is old, but NO, Deltas systems are not smart enough to figure all that out. They don't bump your status up until one day after an eligible flight POSTS to your account. Nothing happens retroactively, unlike AA where you will get the bonus for any flights FLOWN after the qualifying flight, regardless of when the qualifying flight posts. DL will tell you to pound sand - happened to me on an AF flight/ticket, my return was nearly a week later, the outbound Gold qualifying flight posted the same day as my return, but because of the 1-day delay in status recognition, I didn't get the higher bonus. I argued with them for long enough that they just gave me 2,500 courtesy miles, when the Silver-Gold difference was only like 1,500 (but I was arguing on principle!!!).
Would have been a bigger deal if I was, say, relying on Gold status for lounge access on the return, but this was a J ticket anyway. Even AA couldn't help with that, but at least they'll retroactively post bonus miles.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Delta marketed codeshare, Virgin Atlantic operated LHR-SEA flight friday 9/13. posted to skymiles Wed 9/18.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I flew Sunday 9/8 VS MAN-ATL, and the miles showed up on Thursday 9/12.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Was looking at this because I had an interesting experience that will add some data points:
VS- coded VS metal flight MAN-ATL 10/21 hasn't posted yet (just 48 hours so I'll wait a few more days)
VS-coded DL metal connecting flight ATL-MSP 10/21 posted within a few hours (same day).
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Was looking at this because I had an interesting experience that will add some data points:
VS- coded VS metal flight MAN-ATL 10/21 hasn't posted yet (just 48 hours so I'll wait a few more days)
VS-coded DL metal connecting flight ATL-MSP 10/21 posted within a few hours (same day).
DL metal will always post quickly regardless of how it was marketed.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite

So I’m flying on Virgin Atlantic today from SFO>LHR>JNB>LHR>SFO, marketed and booked through VS, and with only their flight #s and my SkyMiles # on the reservation. Does anyone have any experience about how many days after flying that the RDMs/MQDs/MQMs will post to DL? Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
From past experience, usually just a few days, My guess would be 3-4, maybe a week tops.
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Cory6188
From past experience, usually just a few days, My guess would be 3-4, maybe a week tops.
Thanks! Ironically, and coincidentally, if I’ve done my calculations correctly, I’ll be requalifying both for DM again, and crossing over 2 Million Miles, on either the JNB>LHR or the LHR>SFO flight, and not on a DL flight! And this isn’t a mileage run either…business trip!

Last edited by audidudi; Nov 11, 2022 at 11:54 am
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:20 pm

I did this in September and it was 5 days to posting, each direction.
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by audidudi
Thanks! Ironically, and coincidentally, if I’ve done my calculations correctly, I’ll be requalifying both for DM again, and crossing over 2 Million Miles, on either the JNB>LHR or the LHR>SFO flight, and not on a DL flight! And this isn’t a mileage run either…business trip!
Ya I crossed in 2019 on VS from LHR-SEA and it didn't post until a week later, so obviously no fan fare
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
5 working days is normal.
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have noticed that when I fly Delta ticketed Virgin Atlantic metal flights I have to call in to get the skymiles desk to push it. And even after that it takes quite a while to post.

I have a flight from 11/3 I had the Skymiles desk push on 11/5 and it still says "still processing should complete within 24 hrs".

I had this same issue in October (that one took a week to post after they pushed it).

I called today for a 11/12 flight to get it at least to "processing".

Anyone else having this issue with Delta Ticketed Virgin Atlantic flights?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:21 pm

I spoke with a very knowledgeable agent today about a different issue, and then asked her how the posting for my flights will happen, ie one sector at a time, the outbound sectors together or all four sectors simultaneously, and she said probably each sector separately! Anyone have any feedback as to this? Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM MM, AA, HH, SPG, IHG
Help with VS MQD/MQM Credit to DL SkyMiles Account

I recently flew VS JFK-LHR-JNB roundtrip, to maintain my DL Diamond status. The ticket was booked through the VS website, only using VS flight numbers, on VS metal, with my DL SkyMiles account number attached to the reservation. It has now been 10 days since I completed my trip on November 8 and no MQD/MQM credit has posted to my DL account. In the meantime I have called VS twice, and sent 2 emails. All responses have informed me that they do not have access to the DL program and that I must contact DL directly. Separately, I do see on the DL website under the Airline Partner section that there is a Mileage Request Form that I could complete. However, I want to get advice from the forum regarding the best next steps before I resort to submitting the DL form. I made this run in December 2019 and had no issues, and have read a recent post where VS flyers are getting their MQD/MQM's posted to DL within 3-5 days. Please advise if you have had any experience with this issue and/or how best I should proceed. In the meantime, I am trying to remain calm....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.