Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking/flying on Virgin Atlantic…how long for the trip to post on DL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:55 pm

Adding another data point for others based on my recent experience.

I flew SEA-LHR-CPT-LHR-SEA on 11/18 and as of this morning (12/6) the points hadn't hit my account yet. During a call with Delta earlier today I had asked the agent if she could check on the status of the miles. She took my Virgin ticket number and opened a ticket on my behalf with the sky miles team. Within 4 hours all of the points had correctly posted to my account. I will note that I had opened a request on 12/2 via the website, but it seems that calling in helped to get things moving along.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by texag12
Adding another data point for others based on my recent experience.

I flew SEA-LHR-CPT-LHR-SEA on 11/18 and as of this morning (12/6) the points hadn't hit my account yet. During a call with Delta earlier today I had asked the agent if she could check on the status of the miles. She took my Virgin ticket number and opened a ticket on my behalf with the sky miles team. Within 4 hours all of the points had correctly posted to my account. I will note that I had opened a request on 12/2 via the website, but it seems that calling in helped to get things moving along.
happy for you!
we flew jfk-LHR-cpt-LHR-jfk 11/23-11/27
still no credit so submitted a historically useless ticket via web and also called in this morning at 8. Rep said we’d see the credits in next week or two.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
VS flights posting to DL

Just a data point - 3 transatlantic VS flights in the last two months - all eventually posted to Skymiles but only at 10 or more days after the flights.

(VS tickets, on VS metal, with DL Skymiles number in the reservations and on the boarding passes)
Old Nov 18, 2023, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
happy for you!
we flew jfk-LHR-cpt-LHR-jfk 11/23-11/27
still no credit so submitted a historically useless ticket via web and also called in this morning at 8. Rep said we’d see the credits in next week or two.
that’s the standard put off line that is useless. They need to involve skymiles support and tell you it’s being processed while you’re on the phone. You’ll usually see status as processing once again if they are indeed working it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.